Uhh... am i in the right forum? Well anyways, how do I connect my guitar amp (peavey rage 158) to my stereo system through the cd input jack? Do i need a special cord or anything, or am i just stupid. and where do i plug it into my stereo??
~~°~*RainbowBassist*~°~~
i would not recommend sending you amp into your stereo, very very possible you will blow your stereo sky high... if you are sending your amp through ANYTHING it should be a PA system
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Ok dude, you need to go to your local radio shack and tell them you want an adapter that goes from 1/4 inch mono to 1/8 inch mono, put that on your patch cable and plug it into your stereo. if that doesnt work then you will need another adapter to go with the other one i was tellin you about but it will be 1/8 inch mono to 1/8inch stereo, you just put that onto the other adapter. thats about it
Quote by bloodsport2256
dont listen to musicofthenight. i work at radioshack and i know what im talkin about

i'm not saying you CANT do it, you can. however, the wattage of the amp will likely blow the speakers of the stereo. stereos aren't meant to take a guitar and amplify it... they're much lower wattage if i recall correctly.
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
OKay, thanks guys. The people at the music store have already said that i can do it, so I'm pretty sure i won't blow the speakers or anything... question, does the sound come out of the stereo or the amp??? and where can i pick up one of these cable, and where do i plug it into my stereo? im sorry im so stupid.
~~°~*RainbowBassist*~°~~
Quote by RainbowBassist
OKay, thanks guys. The people at the music store have already said that i can do it, so I'm pretty sure i won't blow the speakers or anything... question, does the sound come out of the stereo or the amp??? and where can i pick up one of these cable, and where do i plug it into my stereo? im sorry im so stupid.

you need to make sure your stereo as an AUX input. chances are that they are red/white inputs. you need to find a converter to go from a female 1/4' inch to a red/white rca male plugs. it may require you having two adapters (one from 1/4 inch to 1/8 inch, and then 1/8 inch to RCA). i've never really seen a converter that does it iin one step but it MAY exist... i'll look around for you.

EDIT: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Hosa-Stereo-14-2-RCA?sku=333034 that is what you need. you put it on the pre-amp out or pre out on your amp to the input on the back of your stereo, which SHOULD have inputs similar to that on it. if you have any other questions feel free to ask
Rainsong BI-WS1000N2
CA Blade Electric
PRS Santana SE
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Carlo Robelli Jumbo A/E

Fulltone Fulldrive2
EHX Small Clone
Buddha Wah
Ibanez AD9 Delay
Ibanez Vintage EQ

Crate V18-112
Peavey Vypyr 75
Roland MicroCube
Last edited by musicofthenite at Aug 18, 2006,
Thank you so much
You've definetly saved me many trips to the music store.
I'm so happy now
~~°~*RainbowBassist*~°~~