i have an old car stereo with a big eq on it, and i was wondering if i could somehow turn it into a pedal, so, how could i do it?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
you could, although some ffrequencies might be useless to you. Unless it's just a simple lo-mid-hi eq, it would be made specifically for an entire band (in that there are frequencies in treble and bass range) if you have a graphic eq (which I've never seen in a car) then I'm sure there's a way to bypass the ranges you wont use.
'01 Sunburst Strat>1953 Valco Supro

'06 Jazz bass>'78 Bassman 10

Simple rig fan.
so...how would i change it to a guitar pedal?
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
find a schem, rip it out, find where the input and the output part of the board is, hook it up, hoot up a ground, a switch, stick on jacks, a battery, and there ya go.

I could explain it better, but im too lazy. ask The honorable Pink Queen.
DARK_MATTER, Instrumental Post-Metal from Ireland

Bass:
Ibanez BTB 405QM
Ashdown PM600 - Peavey TVX 4x10
Russian Big Muff

Guitar:
Fender Jim Root sig
'99 Stagemaster 7-string
Yamaha F310
Hughes & Kettner Warp 7 w/4x12
Change out the capacitors to modify the frequency response. Don't ask me on what values to do, it's not very simple. You have to know something yourself.
Make sure the input impedance is suitable for guitar.
Make sure any preamps/buffers/whatever provide suitable gain. My guess is that the EQ is setup for line level, which the guitar isn't yet.
After passing through the EQ, you'll need to attenuate the signal back to a suitable level. Again check the impedance.

Have fun.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
it sounds like it would be too much work to put into it
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.