This is not a vs. thread or anything like that, just some information on my expierience...
I've always been a fan of Vintage 30's. I know there was a discussion on here about a month ago and someone was saying that "V30's are for guys who dont know what they want out of their sound". I forget the exact discussion, but anyway, I've been using the G12T-75's in my Marshall 4502 HG DR 2x12 for about a year now and have pretty much settled in on the sound and got used ot it. I also had 4 16 Ohm V'30's in my rehearsal spot collecting dust for the past few months. I popped them into my 4502 for our Wednesday night practice (which I intended to do, but never got around to) and the other four guys in the band were astonished at the difference even without me saying anything about the swap. These are seasoned musicians and commented on the warm, fuller tone coming out of the amp. Of course I noticed it too, and was convinced that it would sound good, but its cool when the drummer and singer comment on the difference. My singer said "it doesnt cut through and pierce my ears like the other speakers did...its less offensive". Coming from a non-guitar guy, that's helpful.
Just a tesament to Marshalls and V30's. Great rock combination.
One step ahead of you...I have a Carvin Legacy cab in which I put the G12T-75 in an X configuration, like the Bogner cabs.
That's only for REALLY big venues, though.
I changed the stock Eminence-built GBE 1240 V-75 out of my El Diablo combo and replaced it with a V30. The difference in tone was immediately discernable. The guys I jam with also noticed the difference. The drummer and bassist in my band immediately noticed and commented on how different it sounded. The actually thought I had done something to my guitar rather than the amp.

I also jam with a friend's band form time to time. Their guitarist / singer really didn't like my El Diablo before because the low end wasn't tight enough and he found the overall tone too bright and 'crispy' (as he put it).

Now after hearing the amp with the new speaker (and new tubes , I should add - in fairness, the last time he heard it, the amp was stock) he's now in love with it and actually considering getting the El Diablo 60 W head with a Mesa 2 x 12 (with V30s, of course). And the band's other guitarist is actualy considering a V30 for the ailing G12T in his Marshall VS8080 combo.

So yeah, I'd say it's a noticeable difference. There's a reason why the high end Marshall, Mesa, Bogner, etc... cabs come with V30s.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Quote by Crunchmeister
I changed the stock Eminence-built GBE 1240 V-75 out of my El Diablo combo and replaced it with a V30. The difference in tone was immediately discernable. The guys I jam with also noticed the difference. The drummer and bassist in my band immediately noticed and commented on how different it sounded. The actually thought I had done something to my guitar rather than the amp.

I also jam with a friend's band form time to time. Their guitarist / singer really didn't like my El Diablo before because the low end wasn't tight enough and he found the overall tone too bright and 'crispy' (as he put it).

Now after hearing the amp with the new speaker (and new tubes , I should add - in fairness, the last time he heard it, the amp was stock) he's now in love with it and actually considering getting the El Diablo 60 W head with a Mesa 2 x 12 (with V30s, of course). And the band's other guitarist is actualy considering a V30 for the ailing G12T in his Marshall VS8080 combo.

So yeah, I'd say it's a noticeable difference. There's a reason why the high end Marshall, Mesa, Bogner, etc... cabs come with V30s.

Yep. IMO makes a bigger difference than new tubes in an amp. I went from 5881's to E34L's in my Carvin head and it was a little different, but not like WOW different.
I do like the sound, though of the X pattern V30's and G12T-75's. Huge sound.
That's a weird thing that you said, about how people say V30's are for people who don't know what they want out of their tone. Ironically, that's the way I've always felt about G12T-75's, I look at them as average speakers people just overrate because they are generally stocks in Marshall amps. If you guys ask me, the best combination for mixing speakers is using Vintage 30's and the reissued G12H-30's.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by rockxwl
That's a weird thing that you said, about how people say V30's are for people who don't know what they want out of their tone. Ironically, that's the way I've always felt about G12T-75's, I look at them as average speakers people just overrate because they are generally stocks in Marshall amps. If you guys ask me, the best combination for mixing speakers is using Vintage 30's and the reissued G12H-30's.

Yep, V30's and Greenbacks. Best combo there is, IMO. I just happen to have the G12T-75 and V30's on hand, though.
I would positively recomend the G12H's for that classic rock tone.