Page 1 of 2
Even though it looks like this may be the next big thing in metal, (bands like Nile and Necrophagist getting very popular), it is still one of my favorites, so who likes tech death. and here's some bands for you to get an idea of what it is.

!T.O.O.H!, Acephalous, Agiel, Amoral, Anata, Anomalous, Arsebreed, Arsis, Atheist, Atrophia Red Sun, Augury, Behold... The Arctopus, Beneath The Massacre, Bleeding Mirror, Brain Drill, Canvas Solaris, Capharnaum, Carnal Rapture, Cephalic, Cephalectomy, Cephalic Carnage, Continuo Renacer, Corpseifier, Crimson Massacre, Cynic, De Lirium's Order, Death, Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, Deeds of Flesh, Defeated Sanity, Demental, Demilich, Descend Into Nothingness, Domination Through Impurity, Dungortheb, Dwelling Madness, Electro Quarterstaff, Electrocution, Embrionic Death, Emeth, Eradykate, Excrement Consumption, Farmakon, Flesh Deformation, Frantic Bleep, Garwall, Gorgasm, Gorod, Gory Blister, In Battle, Infliction, Ingurgitate, Inhuman Dissiliency, Iniquity, Insidious Decrepancy, Internal Suffering, Inveracity, Jack Slater, Korum, Lethargy, Lividity, Luciferion, Lust of Decay, Lykathe, Maggot Twat, Malignancy, Martyr, Merlin ( RU ), Myopia, Natron, Necronomicon, Necrophagist, Necrost, Necrotic Disgorgement, Neoplasmah, Neuraxis, Never, Nile, Nocturnus, Noism, Ophiolatry, Origin, Pavor, Pestilence, Polterchrist, Posthumous Blasphemer, Prejudice, Psychofagist, Psychotogen, Psycroptic, Pungent Stench, Quo Vadis, Regorge, Sadist (old), Saprogenic, Scenery, Scent of Death, Scrambled Defuncts, Severed Savior, Sickening Horror, Signs of Dying, Sinners Bleed, Skinned, Skodag, Sleep Terror, Sotajumala, Spawn, Spawn of Possession, Stigmataized, Suffocation, Surgical Dissection, Symbyosis, Sympathy, Tales of Darknord, Terminal Function, Test Site, The Chasm, Theory In Practice, Trauma, Trepalium, Tortharry, Torture Squad, Vastion, Vehemence, Veneral Disease, Violent Dirge, Virulence, Visceral Bleeding, Wasteform, Wayd, Winter Bestowed, Yattering
I like tech death bands in general, but as a genre, it needs to diversify more. Every song sounds the same, regardless of talent- and songwriting IS part of talent. Out of those bands, I'm quite fond of... (good list btw)

-The Arctopus
-Cephalic Carnage (more grind, but still asskicking)
-Decapitated
-Lykathe
-Necronomicon
-Necrophagist
-Nile
-Origin
-Sleep Terror

And I recently found Vile, who are very very good.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
I agree with you on the sounds being almost identical, there are subtle differences, you just have to listen carefully
I fûckin' love technical death!

my fav has got to be Necrophagist tho!
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
eh, good for you
THE TREND IS OVER
YOU WON'T NEED THAT ANYMORE
ITS ON SALE AT THE FUCKING DOLLAR STORE
It's not about how technical a song is, it's how it's written to get you feelin' somethin' inside.

In other words, I don't care more for it than regular death metal or old school death, the latter usually does more to me.
I'm entitled to double post, so fück off!!!
some of those bands i myself wouldnt call tech. but tech still owns
¤¤¤¤¤ ۩ ۝РЄŦĤ ۩ ¤¤¤¤¤
۩ ВŁĄÇĶŴĄŦЄŖ РĄŖĶ ۩

Quote by deadskinmask
I think you should listen to Bodom_Shredder7.

Quote by xolax
Listen to Bodom_Shredder, he knows what hes talking about

Quote by Alucard II
Bodom Shredder was right

SevenLastWordsOfChrist
Tech death is an interesting genre for me. If a band is good at it and I like them they're usually one of my top favorite bands. However, if I don't care for them, I usually absolutely detest them. There's not much middle ground for me in this genre.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
I like tech death but here are a few popular bands that I find really boring. Usually it's got to sound unique for me to really enjoy it (ie. Nile, Cryptopsy, Lykathe, Spawn of Possession, Sleep Terror).

Not matter how much I listen to Necrophagist, I can't get into them as much as people around here are into them.
I am not too familiar with this genre, but I have heard enough to know that I quite like it. Nile, Necrophagist and Psycroptic would be my favourites out of that list. I would also say Vehemence, but they aren't tech death.
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
Quote by chemicalsolutio
It's not about how technical a song is, it's how it's written to get you feelin' somethin' inside.

In other words, I don't care more for it than regular death metal or old school death, the latter usually does more to me.

well, in technical death, the technique is predominant in the sound, but some people prefer that...

either way, the basic layout of the themes in the music is still similar in generic/old school death as tech death (ex: vocals, lyrics etc...). Or at least I find it to be so...
I really love the sound of those jackhammer-esque drums, so it's just a matter of preference in the end...
Quote by TheUltimateSin
I use a 26-fret 7-string Gilgamesh 4000XR with dual overdriven flourescent-orange Seymour Duncan pick-ups...My guitar is badass, beeatch.

best air guitar ever
Cryptopsy is not on that list......

The hardest genre of music to play. I find most bands from Canada to be the best.
Dave Mustaine for president.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
The hardest genre of music to play.

I wouldnt say that

theres some jazz **** that i find to be alot harder than deeds of flesh songs.
Neoplasmah and Anata are the best on the list. I recommend everyoen to look stuff by them.
It won't get big, because most people's attention span is too short!!
It's still good though.
If you are reading this, GET A JOB!!
I like Necrophagist, Nile, Cryptopsy, new CC, and some others. I agree with Led Zep's comment on the genre as a whole.

I believe the good bands like those I mentioned above are more interesting than the old school simplistic death metal, which can get pretty monotonous, but I'll take Deicide over some of these bands any day.
Quote by lamblite
Even though it looks like this may be the next big thing in metal, (bands like Nile and Necrophagist getting very popular), it is still one of my favorites, so who likes tech death. and here's some bands for you to get an idea of what it is.

!T.O.O.H!, Acephalous, Agiel, Amoral, Anata, Anomalous, Arsebreed, Arsis, Atheist, Atrophia Red Sun, Augury, Behold... The Arctopus, Beneath The Massacre, Bleeding Mirror, Brain Drill, Canvas Solaris, Capharnaum, Carnal Rapture, Cephalic, Cephalectomy, Cephalic Carnage, Continuo Renacer, Corpseifier, Crimson Massacre, Cynic, De Lirium's Order, Death, Decapitated, Decrepit Birth, Deeds of Flesh, Defeated Sanity, Demental, Demilich, Descend Into Nothingness, Domination Through Impurity, Dungortheb, Dwelling Madness, Electro Quarterstaff, Electrocution, Embrionic Death, Emeth, Eradykate, Excrement Consumption, Farmakon, Flesh Deformation, Frantic Bleep, Garwall, Gorgasm, Gorod, Gory Blister, In Battle, Infliction, Ingurgitate, Inhuman Dissiliency, Iniquity, Insidious Decrepancy, Internal Suffering, Inveracity, Jack Slater, Korum, Lethargy, Lividity, Luciferion, Lust of Decay, Lykathe, Maggot Twat, Malignancy, Martyr, Merlin ( RU ), Myopia, Natron, Necronomicon, Necrophagist, Necrost, Necrotic Disgorgement, Neoplasmah, Neuraxis, Never, Nile, Nocturnus, Noism, Ophiolatry, Origin, Pavor, Pestilence, Polterchrist, Posthumous Blasphemer, Prejudice, Psychofagist, Psychotogen, Psycroptic, Pungent Stench, Quo Vadis, Regorge, Sadist (old), Saprogenic, Scenery, Scent of Death, Scrambled Defuncts, Severed Savior, Sickening Horror, Signs of Dying, Sinners Bleed, Skinned, Skodag, Sleep Terror, Sotajumala, Spawn, Spawn of Possession, Stigmataized, Suffocation, Surgical Dissection, Symbyosis, Sympathy, Tales of Darknord, Terminal Function, Test Site, The Chasm, Theory In Practice, Trauma, Trepalium, Tortharry, Torture Squad, Vastion, Vehemence, Veneral Disease, Violent Dirge, Virulence, Visceral Bleeding, Wasteform, Wayd, Winter Bestowed, Yattering

that band Skodag on your list... are they from Rochester NY? I didn't realize they were that big.

edit: a bunch of those bands aren't even death metal, and some of the ones that are, aren't at all technical.
Quote by bangoodcharlote
^Owned.

I suggest not screwing with the UGer with the best name on the site.

Quote by Albino_Rhino
I don't see how prostitution is going to help out your string buzz...
Last edited by Rebelw/outaCord at Aug 19, 2006,
Quote by lamblite

Nice list. The ones in bold are the ones that really tingle my tastebuds. Though, in that list you started to stray off the course of tech death into grindcore and **** that's just not...tech death.

But yea, tech death is badass. Black metal is the way to go, though.
That list is teh sex.

I love tech death.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
i like my Nile, Atheist, and Necrophagist, but i cannot stand sheer wankery bands like Spiral Architect.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
It's just a potrayal of what I believe to be tech death, I realize some of these bands are grind-related, and some are brutal death related, tough luck, they are still technical enough to be listed here.
Genre really doesn't do that much for me...

I saw Nile in December last year, I wasn't that impressed.

If you're going to be technical, the riff has to actually be constant. Leave it for solos I say.. then again im pretty much an elitist thrasher, and im quite partial to alot of the tech thrash bands, i.e. Coroner, Stone.
As a result of listing <><'s reports I was banned.

Quote by God Book
#2. Banned by theguitarist (11/03/2006) - X D

Promise to shorten your sig and you'll be unbanned. This is what you get, lol.

HA!
Tech death is pretty good, but I prefer old school death and brutal death.
I'LL PUNCH A DONKEY IN THE STREETS OF GALWAY
Listen to some tech death when your on adderall or something....

You will be up all night
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Necrophagist
Atheist
Decapitated
Cannibal Corpse(new stuff, anyway. KILL!)
Nile
Spawn of Possesion
Cryptopsy
Gorguts
Cynic
Suffocation
Death(later years)
Morbid Angel (Trey is god. >;( )

All very good tech death bands IMO, each has a unique sound, especially Gorguts. I myself love technical death metal, but I don't know alot of it. I want to get a tech death band together, but no one in Erie can play good enough(thats my age at least.)

But I loves me some old school death too.

EDIT: Forgot a few bands.
Last edited by Tsunekuni at Aug 19, 2006,
I know man I want to get a band together to play some tech death but everyone around here has never really heard of death metal or anything like that.
DECAPITATED

R.I.P Vitek
Quote by Tsunekuni
Morbid Angel (Trey is god. >;( )

They are hardly tech death. Sure Trey is the master of writing wierd stuff, but it's not tech death.
morbid angel are definetly tech death just listent to domination and gateways to anihilation! otherwise death are the one and only tech death band that had a sense for songwriting! rip EVIL CHUCK
I'm actually surprised people are considering Suffocation as tech death.
^A lot credit for being innovators of the genre.
Metal Matt reserves the right to be a hypocrite whenever he damn well pleases
Quote by Night_Lights
i like my Nile, Atheist, and Necrophagist, but i cannot stand sheer wankery bands like Spiral Architect.

uhhhhh you call spiral architect wank and nile not? spiral architects writing is far better than a band like nile. im kinda a necrophagist and atheist fanboy so im not gonna bother there ha
Quote by torturer6067
morbid angel are definetly tech death just listent to domination and gateways to anihilation! otherwise death are the one and only tech death band that had a sense for songwriting! rip EVIL CHUCK

They're most definitely NOT tech death. The music is weird, but not overly technical. And if 2 out of 8 albums are somewhat technical (still not tech death if you ask me), that don't make them tech death.
Quote by Metal Matt
^A lot credit for being innovators of the genre.

I really had no idea. I never really thought of them as tech death.
Tech death's pretty good, but I much prefer old school death metal. Decrepit Birth is amazing though! Condemned to Nothingness!
"In the name of Satan, I condemn this image of God."- Deicide "Trifixion"
Quote by Bilzzard_of_Ozz
They are hardly tech death. Sure Trey is the master of writing wierd stuff, but it's not tech death.

Yeah, I know. I just put them in there for the solos. :P

uhhhhh you call spiral architect wank and nile not?

I hardly see Nile as wank. They don't focus on just super technical-ness. They have a cool atmospheric riffs that they do on most of their CDs, minus AoTW for the most part.
Page 1 of 2