Which do you think is a better pedal? The Boss RV-5 or the Electro-Harmonix Holy Grail. I've heard that the Holy Grail pedals are not as durable as the RV5. Any thoughts? I'm just looking for a spring reverb since my amp does not have one.
"If my baby don't love me no more,
well I'm sure her sister will." -Jimi "Red House"

Gear
1983 Strat '57 Reissue
1964 Gibson ES-330
Dr Z Maz 38
Fender Pro-Junior

myspace.com/marcrobertwork
Their both digital reverbs. If you really want a spring reverb, look for one of them rectro fender reverb units. I would still go for the EHX for simplicity
Gear
PRS Standard SE
Laney GH100L with Marhsall 1960BV
Digitech Bad monkey
Marshall EH1
EHX Small stone
EHX Small clone
I have the holy grail reverb and it sounds great! Yeah it doesn't seem indistructable but it won't fall apart unless you really do some damage to it. I haven't tried the boss pedal
Boss pedals are pretty much indestructable
try them out in the shop
[Member of the Ibanez S Players Club.] Pm striketalonx to join

Ibanez SA1260
Ibanez RGA8 w/DiMarzio PAF8s
Ibanez JS1200CA
Ibanez S470IB w/DiMarzio Tonezone (Bridge)
Laney LC50 Mark II
Boss ME-70
I have the Holy Grail and it is fantastic. Best reverb pedal on the market if you ask me. Durability-wise, it's certainly not indescructable but should stand up to a bit of punishment. The most fragile part of them seems to be the input slots, you need to remember to constantly tighten the nut and be careful with removing leads
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
Quote by StuC
Their both digital reverbs. If you really want a spring reverb, look for one of them rectro fender reverb units. I would still go for the EHX for simplicity

The Fender unit is good, but it breaks down easily. He'd better care for that. I've never tried either of them but I can assure you that trying it out at a guitar store will make things much easier for you.
Sent from my iPad.
Hmm this thread definitely reminds me that I too really need to smarten up and get a Reverb Pedal.
I'd recommend a Boss DD-3 Ditital Delay. You can set it to sound like reverb, plus you get a delay pedal so it's really a two for one.
Quote by Danno13
I'd get the Holy Grail.

If it's good enough for Dick Dale...
That rhymes.

Yeah, Holy Grail.
These go to eleven...
I am leaning on the Boss very strongly, they are much more durable and shouldnt have any major problems. I would go for Boss in the long run.
I would go Holy Grail because as Danno said, if it's good enough for Dick Dale...

Plus I really think for the simplicity, it's definately not a one trick pony. I have the Small Clone, and that easily makes cleans so much more enjoyable, from a little chorus or to a full-on organ sound.