Will be getting some EMG pickups installed to my les paul custom before too long and after toying with the idea of getting white ones instead of the more common black i though it would be easier to just get the ZW set. (black)

However this doesn't go too well with the black pickguard and gold, well not on alpine white anyway. So i'm thinking of:

- Swapping the hardware (bridge, tuners, tail) over to Chrome
- Changing the pickup rings from black to either white or chrome
- Putting a white pickguard and toggle switch ring instead of black. Or no switch ring/pickguard.
- Finally putting on white speed tone/volume knobs or transparent ones instead of black.

To basically tidy up the look of it and have something different. After a quick play on photoshop what do you say is the best look? Any ideas welcome.

i LOVE the second one - personally i would do the second one but remove the P/G that would look NICE !
Guitars
Ibanez Prestige RG1570 w/ Swineys
Fender Standard Telecaster w/ Duncans
Ibanez RGT42DXFX w/ EMG

Amp
Behringer 15W Amp

Effects
Dunlop 535Q Wah
Zvex Fuzz Factory
1st one definitely.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
I like the 4th one.

And thats one sexy LP.

How much was it?
Huzzah! It is I, S0ulja, the Duke Of Swiss, 3rd member of the Royal order of cheese!

PM Soulfly_freak or sock_demon to join
dont use a pickguarddd
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
The thing with the 4th one showing how it would look with the all white theme was that i bodged the colour white and switch ring up as i was doing it in a rush. But it gives you the idea.

I'm thinking it could look quite swish all white with black pickups. a bit like this custom shop made LP standard below:

I like the mostly white one. Are EMGs still available white? I thought they were a limited run? I'd get rid of the 'rythm/bass' thing too.

Now if you get a white hardware'd les paul, you just need to become as good as bucket head. I love the look of clear speedknobs on white.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by Pedricko
I like the mostly white one. Are EMGs still available white? I thought they were a limited run? I'd get rid of the 'rythm/bass' thing too.

Now if you get a white hardware'd les paul, you just need to become as good as bucket head. I love the look of clear speedknobs on white.

Yes mate but only if you buy them seperately, IE. 81 and 85 on their own, not as part of the Zakk Wylde set.

Oh and i will never be as good as Buckethead but yes his guitar does look good. Uses Dimarzios doesn't he? Have you seen that solo of his that runs off of the whitwash track on youtube? When it gets going he goes mad. Hes one of the best out there. Can play anything.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=8akmP6Sjv2o
Last edited by uk1 at Aug 18, 2006,
take PG off, i think Les's look better that way...the last pic looks silver to me, and reminds me of the platinum standard lp....i like how it looks ne way, bt EMG's would fine with that guitar but i think it looks fine how it is, but if you get the emgs jus take pickguard off...
What new friends will the day bring?

Private in the 7>6

[Member of the Ibanez S Players.] PM Striketalonx to join
I'm actually liking the idea of a black p/g. A white one would be too tacky. Either black P/G or none at all, but fill those ugly holes!

I'm sure you can get white scews in places, and change to chrome tuners.

Might I suggest passive pickups?
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Quote by XMetallica73X
I wouldn't change to EMG's either way, your just completely RUINING a Les Paul Custom

(No offense mate but i totally disagree. I find them to be quite versatile and love the sound and find the offer something different to other pickups, SD, Gibson etc. So this is what will happen to this particular guitar. Decission already made.)

Not really sure what your comment offers to this topic other than your irrelevant view on the pickups themselves? This is not about the sound or quality of them.
I think the bottom one would look great with black hardware.

Also the guy u quoted has a point, aren't epiphones for stuff like this?
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Aug 19, 2006,
Without the exception of the tunners it can all be put back to gold/black in an instant.

After all that messing about i actually found a site that lets you design your own guitar and not just Les pauls. They have everything, all the colours, pickup styles, tremolo even different fretboards and finishes. Gutted, lol. Have a go on the below site if you haven't already, just seletc build you dream guitar then scroll down to about half way and choose your guitar style, lp, Strat Wolfgang etc then choose all the options:

http://www.nymphusa.com/kisekae/kisekaeE1.asp

Im buying a les paul custom, and doing the exact as you really.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Squire Fender Strat.
EMG 81 & 85 Pickups (still not fitted).
Marshall AVT100 2000.
Fender Frontman.
Dunlop Cry Baby.
D'addadrio Strings User.
Dunlop Plectrum User.
Levy's Strap user.
Quote by sTD182
Im buying a les paul custom, and doing the exact as you really.

Putting those Emgs on it that you have? Nice one.
whoa, that website's amazing. i'm going to make an official "BUILD YOUR DREAM GUITAR" thread!

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
goddammit

Anyhoo. I know probably 0 of the people here like trivium, but look at his sexy white gibson LP with EMGs. Gold Hardware, White everything else, black EMGs. damn fine

White LP, black hardware. No other conversation will be entered into
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."

I think this looks pretty hot. Mind you, I had to use the Iommi pick-ups as kisekae doesn't have white EMGs.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
Cant see anything.. :S

Wait, can see it now. Pretty cool, but it looks better with black EMGs and no pickguard.. OBSERVE!

Last edited by Metallica708 at Aug 21, 2006,
^ That is the sweetest guitar ever and identical to mine except mine doesnt have binding and it does have a pickguard.
~ My Gear ~

Gibson Les Paul Studio in Alpine White with EMG 81/60
Fender Stratocaster
Marshall DSL401
Boss Metal Zone MT-2
Boss Super Overdrive SD-1
Boss Noise Suppressor NS-2
Digitech RP80
Samson Wireless
Fender Champions Series 30
****ing paint the emgs, its not that hard. i like it how you guys are like, dont do a pickguard, they ARE ugly, see look at this one, see he doesent have a pickguard, waa waa. its a personal thing, if you like pickguards. let him do what he wants. i like pickguards. some people dont, thats why gibson les paul standards dont have a pickguard on them but they include one so if you dont like them, you wont have two holes in your $2000 guitar. but its good to see someone customising a gibson rather than an epiphone or a squire. i personally like gold hardware and i dont like emgs but i like what your doing and i wish you good luck. just follow the image you had in your head.
^^ Calm the hell down dude. Me and frostithe are just suggesting ideas same as the other guys. I only put a picture to show him what i meant better.