Okay so, let's say if I have a crate 30 watt amp and a behringer 120 watt v-tone. And I run the crate amp through the behringer, then plug my guitar into the crate, could I have up to 150 watts of sound?
#2 fanboy of Conor Oberst pm frd_mrshall to join
Quote by honkey
Okay so, let's say if I have a crate 30 watt amp and a behringer 120 watt v-tone. And I run the crate amp through the behringer, then plug my guitar into the crate, could I have up to 150 watts of sound?

LOLFUZZYMATH
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
You will just destroy both amps. The Crate won't have the correct load on it and the Behringer will be receiving a powered signal.
yea... instead of doing that, get a y splitter and then run into each amp individually. running one into the other just doesn't work.
I have an addiction...

Les Paul style DeArmond
Danelectro baritone
Rickenbacker 360/12
defretted Strat
lap steel
Yamaha CP-70
Yamaha P-90
Kay archtop
Kay Tenor Banjo
Oud
Sitar
Harmonium
Melodica
Cello

http://www.myspace.com/hi9
well if the v-tone has an effects loop and you run the crate through an attenuator into the FX in on your v-tone it would work safely you wouldnt get 150 of power but you would get extra gain.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
well if the v-tone has an effects loop and you run the crate through an attenuator into the FX in on your v-tone it would work safely you wouldnt get 150 of power but you would get extra gain.

It would still be a powered signal through the attenuator and the attenuator would cost more than the amps.
technically the behringer already by itself is 140w at its max. you could if you had the cables plug it into the tape in to get the crate tone and use the behringers volume or opposite in tape out and just have the crate be another speaker and plug your guitar into the behringer