Artificial Natural Harmonics, how does that sound.... yeah I dig it, well I've been using this new "technique" that I'm pretty sure has never been done before, so because I love UG I'm gonna post how I do it here:

Everyone here can probably make Natural Harmonics, where you rest your finger lightly on the fret, pluck and remove finger. Everyone probably knows this technique works best on the 5th, 7th, and 12th frets.

If you expand on this then you get articially made natural harmonics.... hmmmm I bet your interested so.... here we go:

Press down on the high e's 7th fret as if you were about to pluck it, but don't. Next while still pressing down on the 7th fret stretch your pinky to the 12th fret, now simply pluck a harmonic on the 12th fret. Thats it, it's that simple just press down on any fret, on any string and while stilling pressing the fret, pluck a harmonic 5 frets up. With this technique natural harmonics are possible anywhere on the guitar neck.

So...... what do the people of UG think of this new technique

By the way: (if this has somehow been done before don't make fun of me to much, and if you decide to use it or it really is a new technique please give credit where credit is do.)
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
sounds weird...
but also can be made with an pinch harmonix on a specific position on the string or wit han upstroke pinch (yeah i figured out how to do upstroke pinches...a little more attack)
Hold my breath
as I wish for death
Oh please god wake me
It's physics, that's how the guitar was designed...
*shrugs* I don't know...
Yeah, it's a pretty cool trick. Van Halen used it a lot, but don't let that dishearten you. Oh, and you can play harmonics of any fretted note 5 frets higher, 7 frets higher and 12 frets higher.
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Yeah, it's been done. Eddie Van Halen did it a lot, I seem to recall.

I think the proper term is "tapped harmonics", because most people would do the 12th fret harmonic with their picking hand, so it looks like tapping.
....i thought i was on to something
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
^^ Actually, tap harmonics and what he are talking about a different. What he is talking about is called harp harmonics.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Well, you were if you could figure that out on your own!

Keep looking, man, I'm sure there's tricks we haven't seen yet.
Quote by richwatkinson
Already discovered via a capo for me . ^and upstroke pinches? im having trouble with down

My guitar teacher can alternate pick pinch harmonics.
...I can't.
sounds sorta like tapped harmonics but more complicated way of doing it
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
OMG ITS C.C.!! Lol, anyways its much different than tapped since you actually have to tap the fret that is 12 frets up from the fret that you are fretting (kinda redundant huh?). Hope you caught that lol.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!