I ****ing love DRI.

aka the Dirty Rotten Imbeciles for the idiots who dont know them.

They are a cross over punk metal band and they ****ing rule. Best song is Couch Slouch.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
Eloquently put, prince.

I was so happy when DRI "officially" went metal, that I threw a party, go drunk and sang to the tune of "Camptown Races"....

"DRI are metal now,
doo dah, doo dah
Total sh*t band anyhow,
Oh doo dah day"
Quote by johnnynemo
Eloquently put, prince.

I was so happy when DRI "officially" went metal, that I threw a party, go drunk and sang to the tune of "Camptown Races"....

"DRI are metal now,
doo dah, doo dah
Total sh*t band anyhow,
Oh doo dah day"

If that's true, then you now officially rock, Mr. Nemo.
Kickass band. I actually think their metal stuff is still good, and their last few albums kinda went back to the punk/metal type thing. One of my favorites.
DOA is better. I tried both those bands at the same time and the DOA guys impressed me more.
Quote by pinheadslts75
If that's true, then you now officially rock, Mr. Nemo.

I used to throw parties all the time when noteworthy "punk" events happened.
Everytime I sang "Camptown Races" with lyrics that were appropo to what was happening.

I think the first was when Minor Threat broke up, followed by DRI going metal, then when Ian Stuart died, then G.G.

One should always celebrate life's high points.
I have always loved D.R.I. . I like all kinds of stuff so them going metal probably really wouldn't bother me. As long as their style stayed relatively the same. Did it change badly? I didn't listen to their later stuff so I am not sure how bad it got.
Quote by Fallon, Jones & Sage Francis

"By the way my name is Marcus. But if you like you can call me Sensei."

American Idol - or as I call it, the Gong Show Rip-Off

According to #Yeezuz, Kanye West is a god. As if I needed more reasons to be an atheist.
Quote by johnnynemo

I think the first was when Minor Threat broke up, followed by DRI going metal, then when Ian Stuart died, then G.G.

I didn't knw Ian Stuart was dead.
Quote by Liam Alan
I have always loved D.R.I. . I like all kinds of stuff so them going metal probably really wouldn't bother me. As long as their style stayed relatively the same. Did it change badly? I didn't listen to their later stuff so I am not sure how bad it got.

They went completely metal.

But I like their Metal stuff. It's still pretty punk rock in my Opinion.
"This shit here's called Death"
"What the fuck? You mean I'm gonna hit this shit and die?"
"No Nigga! I said Deaf. You hit this and you aint gonna hear shit!"
DRI kicks ass.. um yea, and so does DOA. but G.G. Allin was a total ripoff of Iggy Pop, in some of Iggy's shows he would smear peanut butter and feces on his face and then roll around in glass shards cutting himself up,, being naked too... does that sound familiar?
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I don't want to give myself over to a world of Regina Spektor, Van Gogh posters, and loud conversations about how wasted they got.
Quote by pinheadslts75
I didn't know Ian Stuart was dead.

Ian Stuart Donaldson died 13 years ago in a car crash.

That's why MDC wrote the song "Nazis Shouldn't Drive".
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
Quote by misfitsdisciple
DRI kicks ass.. um yea, and so does DOA. but G.G. Allin was a total ripoff of Iggy Pop, in some of Iggy's shows he would smear peanut butter and feces on his face and then roll around in glass shards cutting himself up,, being naked too... does that sound familiar?

Iggy got most of his stage antics from Jim Morrison, who used to get drunk, roll around on stage, swing on ropes from the rafters, incite crowds to riot by yelling that were "all a bunch of f*cking slaves", etc.
He even "went down" on Robby Krieger's guitar, which Bowie stole, and did with Mick Ronson, years later.

Stiv did the same thing, and even handed Iggy the peanut butter at the Cinicinatti Pop Festival in 1970.
Stiv wore lunch meat on his shirt, and then blew his nose in it and ate it, on stage once.

The difference is that, with all of these artisits, their music was the main focus, and they would have still been entertaining without the stage antics.

G.G. was nothing without feces.
Quote by sargasm
I don't like straight edge because it's part of Hardcore, and I don't like Hardcore because, aside from the terrible music, the kids are often very homophobic.

You forgot ugly, lazy and disrespectful.
They're a good band, but I just can't believe they haven't been putting up any new material since 1995's Full Speed Ahead, but they've been touring a lot and I saw them in concert last year. On the news from their official website, they said that they were starting to work on a new album a few years. Hope they won't delay it for ever as I want to know what Kurt Brecht and co. have been up to all those years, other than touring.

Anyway, I just started writing a review for the Thrash Zone album, which is the only D.R.I. album I have on CD so far right now, on this website yesterday. Hopefully It'll be accepted because I think I did make a good review for it.
Currently listening to:
Bad Religion - Stranger Than Fiction (1994)
Death By Stereo - Day of the Death (2001)
Green Day - American Idiot (2004)
Penywise - Land of the Free? (2001)
Rancid - ...And Out Come the Wolves (1995)
We were supposed to do the show here with them, but like someone said, tour got cancelled. The one time I got to see them, it was great. I got a concussion in the pit, but still a great show.
He who acts, conquers.Nashvillepunk.org

I'm old, I'm tired, and I have acid reflux. So don't mess with me.
My ex got me into this band. I'm into crossover and metal so I'm really digging it. Pretty sick riffs, not boring ****e like nowadays.
I've kind of liked a few of their songs before, but I'm not a fan of any of the metally stuff.
I enjoyed Thrash Zone. The rest of their stuff is kind of meh.
Edwards Les Paul Custom
Burny SG Junior
DIY Telecaster
Keeley RAT 2
Marshall JCM 800 4104
I like their stuff before Crossover. Unfortunately, people often tout that as their best album.

I always thought of Thrash Zone as their best. Beneath the Wheel is my favorite song off of that album. I could never actually finish listening to Crossover in its entirety.
A man said to the universe:
"Sir, I exist!"
"However," replied the universe,
"The fact has not created in me
A sense of obligation."

STOP MODERN DAY SLAVERY
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
i thought crossover was an ok album, but it was important to the genre
definition though is my favorite album
Dick+strings= owww
DRI rules!! I got there logo on a pin on my jacket. Also a sham 69 pin, but that doesnt matter in this thread.

Thrash zone FTW!!