hey ppl plz help me. if only been playing guitar for about a year now, and im looking to but a new guitar at the moment ive got a ..lol...Squire Strat. im looking for something that sounds gr8 and feels gd 2. i was thinkin £350 top price for 1. th only guitar ive looked at is a Fender American Stratocaster® HSS is it a gd guitar?? plz suggestions wanted!! thnxs ppl!

P.S i should probly mention im 14 yrs old.
Last edited by F0R7UN3 at Aug 18, 2006,
i would go with a epiphone special SG, i used to have that guitar and it had great higher fret control, and what kind of music do you play?
Someone was just asking about schecter c1 and that was going for $499 (I think that conversion is about right) on muscians friend. And schecters are just about the best guitars on earth. It really depends on what type of music you play though.
George W. Bush for President 2012

We can do it if we work together!
i play stuff like greenday , red hot chillis , lost prophets , all american rejects that kind of stuff.
I would suggst an epiphone les paul if you got a tight budget. If you got a wider budget, the get either a Ibanez RG, a schecter, or a LTD.
My Arsenal

ESP EC-1000 Vintage Honey Burst
Fender Starcaster
Fender Princeton Chorus DSP
Quote by F0R7UN3
hey ppl plz help me. if only been playing guitar for about a year now, and im looking to but a new guitar at the moment ive got a ..lol...Squire Strat. im looking for something that sounds gr8 and feels gd 2. i was thinkin £350 top price for 1. th only guitar ive looked at is a Fender American Stratocaster® HSS is it a gd guitar?? plz suggestions wanted!! thnxs ppl!

P.S i should probly mention im 14 yrs old.

your 14, don't get stuck in the habit of ****ty typing
If you want to shine like the sun first you must burn like it.
I just bought an Epiphone Les Paul Classic. I paid $459.

You WILL NOT regret buying this beauty. Sounds just as good and looks better than my teachers Gibson.
Forget all about that macho **** and learn how to play guitar!
if u can haggle even a tad , get the epiphone les paul custom alpine white, its beautiful, and can play almost anything.....

or if u can find one yamaha rgx a2, i think they pretty rare-ish as im the only person i know who has one or heard of it, but it gives a great sound my guitar teacher loved it and was pissed off tht at times it sounded almost as good as his strat which was 50th anniversary
standard telecaster, i think those are about £350 and they're good because they can be used for tons of music styles
my books myspace
Here
read it, new chapter added every 2 weeks
Quote by zero27
your 14, don't get stuck in the habit of ****ty typing

****ty typing? your --> you're

threadstarter, I would go with either an Epi SG or a MIM Stratocaster.. probably the strat would better suit your style of music though. also, since you already have a squier strat, a fender strat won't take any getting used to...

Proud owner of a Gibby LP Custom and an all-original Vintage '62 Fender Jag

Quote by richwatkinson
Give 10 UGers a rope and ask them to pull. 4 will push, 1 will ask for buttsecks, 2 will tell you get an Ibanez and the last 3 will start complaining about Line6 Spiders.
I would agree with the person above me, a HSS MIM strat would be able to play almost anything, depending on what amp it's being plugged into
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
u can get a epi les paul standard for like £329 i would check that out, i got a ibanez rg321mh the other day for 179 and its great but its more a wetal guitar so i doubt it would suit you
what amp do you use? and yeh mim fat strat good idea but try it before you buy it since qc is pretty much shoddy
ok thanks everyone you have given me alot of idea's looks like im going to have a nice time deciding what to buy. thanks alot!
what kind of amp are you using

if you are you'll definatly want to upgrade the amp first, im looking into buying a tube combo now and am still using a 150 dollar guitar, 1. because im unemployed and 2. amps are more important

a good guitar will not sound good through a bad amp
yeah at the moment ive got a rubbish amp i got with my guitar in a starter kit. im buying an amp and a guitar at the moment im using £350 for guitar and another £150 for an amp ill also use money left over from my guitar on the amp.
DUDE IM YOUR AGE AND I BEEN PLAYING ABOUT A YEAR TOOO!!! lol

I just bought a epiphone les paul custom (in black w/ gold harware) now that is one beatuy!! Most places do them for like £345. Also have a look at tokia they're not a huge brand but my freind has one and it plays like a beast!! Not quite sure how much they are though lol and dude i know it seems the obviosu option but get a marshall amp the distortion i found on it is so sweet (and i don't mean sweet as in ye m8 init ard crew) as in just all out beauty!! But you could buy a line 6 spider - another beast!! But then ifyou bought like some marshall pedals.... wooow what a setup you'd have!!

Dom