Page 4 of 16
Quote by hamett91
Correct me if I'm mistaken, NIB is off of Masters of Reality?

It's part of the third song on their first album (Black Sabbath, obviously), it plays after the songs Wasp/Behind the Wall of Sleep/Basically. All of that plays through then they do a bass solo then the song.
Yeah, things go a little slower here in CR than in the pit.

On Topic: Has Sabbath released any tour/gig/album release dates? I know the album with Dio is getting started...
Quote by Page&HammettFan
On all the other ones I view they usually get one every day.

Yeah, if you're going to post here in the CR forum, then you have to be willing to wait a day or two(sometimes more) before someone gets around to answering your question. We don't have as many people in here at all times of the day like the Pit has.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Quote by hamett91
Yeah, things go a little slower here in CR than in the pit.

It depends mostly on the thread, but yeah, in comparison to the bit, even the most popular threads are much slower.
I didn't know that Sabbath were doing another album, nevertheless with Dio. I know they're on good terms with Ozzy now why not just do one with him?
Quote by Page&HammettFan
I didn't know that Sabbath were doing another album, nevertheless with Dio. I know they're on good terms with Ozzy now why not just do one with him?
They released an album called "The Ozzy Years" and now they're doing one with Dio called "The Dio Years".

EDIT: I think it's just kind of a "Best Of" thing. I do know that Dio is collaborating with Tony. I don't know whether Bill and Geezer are involved, I don't know.
Last edited by hamett91 at Nov 10, 2006,
Quote by hamett91
They released an album called "The Ozzy Years" and now they're doing one with Dio called "The Dio Years".

EDIT: I think it's just kind of a "Best Of" thing. I do know that Dio is collaborating with Tony. I don't know whether Bill and Geezer are involved, I don't know.

Yeah, the Dio Years is a best of from Dio's stint with the band. Supposedly, Black Sabbath with Dio is reuniting under the name Heaven and Hell, and I think Bill and Geezer are both going to be in it along with Tony and Ronnie.
Stevie Y of the GO WINGS club. PM me with a title to join.

The following statement is false. The preceding statement is true.

Member #20 of the "Use Your Fucking Dictionary Club." PM Dæmönika to join.
Quote by kshelt76
Supposedly, Black Sabbath with Dio is reuniting under the name Heaven and Hell, and I think Bill and Geezer are both going to be in it along with Tony and Ronnie.

Yes, I heard about this. There was something about it on the main page.

Anyways, I'm not the biggest Black Sabbath fan anyways, so if they came by me I probably wouldn't go.

Besides, I'd probably be scared of many of the people there.
I feel that Dio is a much stronger vocalist than Ozzy, but "classic Sabbath" has Ozzy in the line-up, so it would be much more fitting.

It'd be like Led Zeppelin touring without Bonzo.
While I (marginaly) prefer 70's Sabbath over the Dio albums, I'd much rather see them live with Dio these days, seeing as unlike Ozzy, he can still sing like a motherfucker.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Quote by hamett91
I wouldn't go to a Dio show.

If Sabbath came with Ozzy though...

Absoulutely go to a Dio (solo) show and probably Dio with Sabbath.

on the other hand I would also go to an Ozzy 8solo or Sabbath) show
Quote by bodyheatseeker
Pay heed to this man, because he speaks the truth.
Hey I love Sabbath.Matter of fact im wearing a sabbath shirt right now.Lommi is such an amazing guitarist despite losing the tips of his fingers in a childhood accident.Theres no doubt Ozzy was way better than that Dio guy.Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sabbath is good with some songs but think Ozzys better with his solo career, songs like Bark at the moon blew any thing Sabbath did out of the water.
Quote by Mikinzo
Dio can burn in hell lmfao

Once YOU have fronted three of the greatest Hard Rock and Heavy Metal bands ever and produced a classic album with each one, then you will be qualified to say that. Until then, shut up.
Quote by hardrocker16
Hey I love Sabbath.Matter of fact im wearing a sabbath shirt right now.Lommi is such an amazing guitarist despite losing the tips of his fingers in a childhood accident.Theres no doubt Ozzy was way better than that Dio guy.Rock on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lommi? Wow, you must REALLY be as much of a fan as you say, seeing as you can spell his name perfectly and everything. And it was not a childhood accident, it happened just before he started in Sabbath full time.
Have you even heard 'that Dio guy' or are you just one of the 14 year old Ozzy is teh r0x bandwagon jumpers who are too wrapped up in the deluded idea that Ozzy is the god of Heavy Metal to realize that a)Black Sabbath with Ozzy and Dio are on par with each other, b)Heaven and Hell was the best album they produced since Master of Reality or Vol. 4, and c)While Ozzy is now a walking vegetable and $harons bitch and has been musically lost since Randy died (no offense to Zakk), Dio can still actualy sing and produces good music.

Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Nov 15, 2006,
I got to say that both Ozzy and Dio did justice to Sabbath , but ozzy was the original singer and i think that most of the people like me hear ozzys earie voice when they hear the name Black Sabbath.
Quote by BlueOyster23
I disagree, I find that Black Sabbath was/is defienately hard rock, of the classic sort, due to not only the massive amount of blues styling, but other stylings to. Like "Changes" isn't a metal ballad, it's something else. "Never Say Die" and "Supernaut" seem to experiment elsewhere than metal, as many classic rock bands experimented with their sound.

so ou listed 3 examples, yeah im sure that some sabbath songs were classic rock, pop rock etc. but the true essence of sabbath is from songs that hit the hardest like War Pigs, Iron Man, and Into the void (etc). Black sabbath has to be classified as metal because they started the genre, therfore they must be somewhere within that genre, if that makes sense. sure they're not scream-you-head-off metal, but they are metal none the less.
vocally ozzy comes nowhere near dio

but to me ozzy is the ultimate BS vocallist because I got to know them with ozzy on vocals and most of the classic songs are sung by him. But everyone has to agree that dio's voice is much stronger than ozzy's.
Quote by chylde_of_fire
Once YOU have fronted three of the greatest Hard Rock and Heavy Metal bands ever and produced a classic album with each one, then you will be qualified to say that. Until then, shut up.

Lommi? Wow, you must REALLY be as much of a fan as you say, seeing as you can spell his name perfectly and everything. And it was not a childhood accident, it happened just before he started in Sabbath full time.
Have you even heard 'that Dio guy' or are you just one of the 14 year old Ozzy is teh r0x bandwagon jumpers who are too wrapped up in the deluded idea that Ozzy is the god of Heavy Metal to realize that a)Black Sabbath with Ozzy and Dio are on par with each other, b)Heaven and Hell was the best album they produced since Master of Reality or Vol. 4, and c)While Ozzy is now a walking vegetable and $harons bitch and has been musically lost since Randy died (no offense to Zakk), Dio can still actualy sing and produces good music.

Black Sabbath became defunct as a credible music making force the moment Ozzy was kicked out.

Ozzy has undoubtably and unargueably gone on to bigger and better things with his solo career. He is better known now than he ever was in Black Sabbath and Black Sabbath will never reach the same level of success as Ozzy has with his solo career.

Dio may be able to sing but so what? You dont somebody with a trained voice to make a good band. Not unless you believe what MTV tells us we should do.

For me, Black Sabbath isnt Black Sabbath without the 4 original (or maybe we should say 5) members. Dio stepped in at ground level when Ozzy, Geezer, Bill and Tony had all been there since B5 and just rode out the wave of support that had been created for BS when Ozzy had been at the vocal helm.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
wut ever chylde of fire.im a black sabbath fan,pure and simple.im only 16 but grew up round sabbath and zeppelin,and jeff healey.im not one of those posers u speak of.so f uck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
Black Sabbath became defunct as a credible music making force the moment Ozzy was kicked out.

Ozzy has undoubtably and unargueably gone on to bigger and better things with his solo career. He is better known now than he ever was in Black Sabbath and Black Sabbath will never reach the same level of success as Ozzy has with his solo career.

Dio may be able to sing but so what? You dont somebody with a trained voice to make a good band. Not unless you believe what MTV tells us we should do.

For me, Black Sabbath isnt Black Sabbath without the 4 original (or maybe we should say 5) members. Dio stepped in at ground level when Ozzy, Geezer, Bill and Tony had all been there since B5 and just rode out the wave of support that had been created for BS when Ozzy had been at the vocal helm.

I just feel that when Dio joined they got a new lease of life. I mean, Technical Exctacy and to a lesser extent Never say Die were average, and sounded like an attempt at producing comercialy viable pop-metal, TE especialy. Heaven and Hell was a huge step up from them, IMO, both in terms of music and songwriting. Which is another point - Dio contributed many of his own lyrics, while Ozzy wrote relativley few and mostly just layed down the vocal tracks.
They needed a fresh sound, and thats what Dio gave them.
But meh.
Quote by hardrocker16
wut ever chylde of fire.im a black sabbath fan,pure and simple.im only 16 but grew up round sabbath and zeppelin,and jeff healey.im not one of those posers u speak of.so f uck off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Untill you can put forward a decent, structured argument like Mr Zakk Wylde, I'm not going to waste my time responding to that any more than I have here.

Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde

Actually most classic rock bands (and hard rock bands, metal bands etc) has singers who has a good trained voice ... I dont think they would manage with a singer who cant sing ...

Nowadays people who doesn't play live (MTV pop etc) dont need to be able to sing since their only goal is to sell CD:s and have their wideos play. If they can't sing you can simply change the voice and fill in when recording it.
Quote by bodyheatseeker
Quote by chylde_of_fire
I just feel that when Dio joined they got a new lease of life. I mean, Technical Exctacy and to a lesser extent Never say Die were average, and sounded like an attempt at producing comercialy viable pop-metal, TE especialy. Heaven and Hell was a huge step up from them, IMO, both in terms of music and songwriting. Which is another point - Dio contributed many of his own lyrics, while Ozzy wrote relativley few and mostly just layed down the vocal tracks.
They needed a fresh sound, and thats what Dio gave them.
But meh.

Untill you can put forward a decent, structured argument like Mr Zakk Wylde, I'm not going to waste my time responding to that any more than I have here.

True with the last two albums, but i think from all what i've read and heard about Black Sabbath, at that stage the whole band was in a rut, their musical success had taken a toll on them, with the amount of money they now had, the drugs and alchohol effected them all but Ozzy to a greater extent maybe than the others.

Going Solo gave Ozzy's career the boost that he wouldnt have gotten, he, and the rest of black sabbath would have most likely gone in a destructive spiral until they became just a footnote on musical history, but by going it alone, Ozzy got new fame and so did Black Sabbath so that they are very much still a name to be recognised.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Quote by Mr_Zakk_Wylde
True with the last two albums, but i think from all what i've read and heard about Black Sabbath, at that stage the whole band was in a rut, their musical success had taken a toll on them, with the amount of money they now had, the drugs and alchohol effected them all but Ozzy to a greater extent maybe than the others.

Going Solo gave Ozzy's career the boost that he wouldnt have gotten, he, and the rest of black sabbath would have most likely gone in a destructive spiral until they became just a footnote on musical history, but by going it alone, Ozzy got new fame and so did Black Sabbath so that they are very much still a name to be recognised.

I agree with you on those points, but I do feel that Dio had a very large part in helping Sabbath out of their late 70's rut.
Ah well. I still and always will adore all incarnations of Sabbath.

Dude Ozzy can still sing his freakin ass off. Watch the DVD "The Last Supper", he sounds almost exactly like he did in the studio.
Quote by chylde_of_fire
I agree with you on those points, but I do feel that Dio had a very large part in helping Sabbath out of their late 70's rut.

I totally agree with you there
Quote by bodyheatseeker
Quote by chylde_of_fire

I second that
favourites. but Rhoads was way better than Iommi in my opinion.
Its rubs the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again.
^
It depends on what you're talking about. They were COMPLETELY different styles. And really it doesn't matter who is "better". they are both gods and have permanently established themselves in Rock History.
Randy was better in terms of technical skill, but NO-ONE can pull out a skull-crushingly heavy riff in the way that Tony can.