Page 5 of 16
Yea, Randy was a god, but it just depends on what area you're speaking of. He is very much so better technically. But as I have stated, they were both amazing.
Quote by hamett91
Uh.....

War Pigs! I can't stop listening to it!

Yea, yea, my favorite two songs on there are probably Hand of Doom and
Fairies Wear Boots. Sheer brilliance.
I like playing War Pigs on guitar hero. It's cool. Love that song.
You are not a slave...
Quote by hamett91
Actually, Hole in the Sky is my favorite song right now.

I just said from Paranoid. I've never had the pleasure of hearing 'Hole in the Sky' in the studio, or from them at all for that matter. I've only heard it from when Metallica did it to induct them into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame !!!!
Which I'll post for all of you (along with the followed song, Iron Man).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Iidj_6ehQ

Continues to
Quote by Page&HammettFan
I just said from Paranoid. I've never had the pleasure of hearing 'Hole in the Sky' in the studio, or from them at all for that matter. I've only heard it from when Metallica did it to induct them into the Rock and Roll Hall Of Fame !!!!
Which I'll post for all of you (along with the followed song, Iron Man).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p3Iidj_6ehQ

Continues to

Well from Paranoid, War Pigs.

Pantera also does a cover of Hole in the Sky. The Sabbath version is by far the best though, definately listen to it.
I can't download right now . I only use Windows Media and in all of their gayness you can't download anymore. Plus I'm not much of a Pantera fan.
^
No I can't get it on this computer, I'm sure that youtube has Pantera doing the song. I know they have Sabbath in the 70's.
Got Death Magnetic a day early!

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
C'mon then... what's your favourite Sabbath song at the moment?

Symptom of the Universe
do you guys agree that Sabbath started Nu Metal, if so, why?
^
Very true. My favorite song was probably N.I.B or The Wizard or one of those really good classic bluesy songs of theirs. That or else Lord of This World of Into the Void. Those are all great songs. Who was Dirty Women with, Dio or Ozzy?

The Low-Cardinal of Zeppelinism - If you're a diehard fan of Zeppelin, join Zeppelinism here

Winner of the "Biggest Led Zeppelin Fuck" award in the CR forum (2 years running!)
Quote by smb
C'mon then... what's your favourite Sabbath song at the moment?

Right now? Probably Children of the Grave. I love that solo.
Quote by Resiliance
I'm more of a hermafrodite guy.

Quote by apocalypse13
Lolz

/ultimatesin = genius]

[/really super obvious]

Original creator of the Resi Signal(s)
Only old shred forum regs get it

Some MP3's from me.

My Videos

Click for awesomeness
Quote by Page&HammettFan
^
Who was Dirty Women with, Dio or Ozzy?

Ozzy. The last really good song he sang on with them, imo.
As for favorite song at the moment, probably Sign of the Southern Cross or Behind the Wall of Sleep. But in general, anything off Master of Reality tends to give me a musical boner. Into the Void ftw.
La mayyitan ma qadirun yatabaqqa sarmadi
Fa idha yaji' al-shudhdhadh fa-l-maut qad yantahi

Raptoral judgement upon all our sins
This placid island of ignorance
Last edited by chylde_of_fire at Nov 26, 2006,
Quote by hamett91
Actually, Hole in the Sky is my favorite song right now.

Yeah, it's pretty awesome, but it seems like it was thrown together really fast, due to the opening and then the sudden cut off at about 4 min. into it.
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
The opening is pretty awesome, the whole song is. I've only heard Metallica do it but it was awesome.

Quote by Page&HammettFan
The opening is pretty awesome, the whole song is. I've only heard Metallica do it but it was awesome.

Metallica murdered it. Sabbath play it so much better.
^
I enjoyed it, I wasn't listenin to James sing it, I thought they did a decent job. But of course, Sabbath will do a better job, is that some kind of surprise?

^banz0red lol

Quote by BlueOyster23
Yeah, it's pretty awesome, but it seems like it was thrown together really fast, due to the opening and then the sudden cut off at about 4 min. into it.

I thought that cut off was because I didn't get the whole song. That's wierd.

Anyway, Check this out, it's funny.
Last edited by hamett91 at Dec 1, 2006,
WHy is it every time I play Vol. 4 it is the ultimate Sabbath album and the original 4 at their peak, it is ruined by the song Changes, I cringe everytime I hear that song with the piano part sounding like a 4 year old child composed it. I wonder if they trying to cash in on the early 70's power ballad and make some cha-ching/do-re-mi to support their Coke habit.
Planet Caravan and Solitude > Changes.

Actually the quiet Black Sabbath instrumentals don't give me anything. I always skip them. Changes is different. It's just a nice little song with a beautiful melody.
The ultimate Sabbath albums would be Paranoid and SBS.
Quote by hamett91
^banz0red lol

I thought that cut off was because I didn't get the whole song. That's wierd.

Anyway, Check this out, it's funny.

Great cartoon, f***in' hilarious!
"...And I'm pretty sure what you did to my children's snowman is illegal, if not, sodomy."
-Stephen Colbert: 'The Colbert Report'
Quote by DieN
Actually the quiet Black Sabbath instrumentals don't give me anything. I always skip them. Changes is different. It's just a nice little song with a beautiful melody.
The ultimate Sabbath albums would be Paranoid and SBS.

Yeah, they can be kinda of boring, but I do like Orchid...because it's only a minute and a half lol. Fluff is boring as hell though.
Quote by krymson
Yeah, they can be kinda of boring, but I do like Orchid...because it's only a minute and a half lol. Fluff is boring as hell though.

Man, you guys don't understand at all...

Listen to Master of Reality through and it's really obvious why the instrumental interludes are there. Lord of this World and Children of the Grave have so much more impact following Orchid and Embryo than they would it they followed straight on from a heavy song. That's something metal bands today have completely forgotten.

I'm not a fan of Changes of Solitude, but Planet Caravan and Fluff are amazing.
Bill Ward is no longer going to be a part of Heaven and Hell, Vinnie Appice will be drumming instead.
Can't complain really, Vinnie was on 2/3 of the albums with Dio, and as long as Geezer and Tony are there, I'll be happy.

Bill has had serious health issues in the last ten years of on and off touring - I'm not surprised about this.
Quote by smb
Man, you guys don't understand at all...

Listen to Master of Reality through and it's really obvious why the instrumental interludes are there. Lord of this World and Children of the Grave have so much more impact following Orchid and Embryo than they would it they followed straight on from a heavy song. That's something metal bands today have completely forgotten.

I'm not a fan of Changes of Solitude, but Planet Caravan and Fluff are amazing.

Of course I know about the purpose of those songs. If if they're as short as the song before CotG it is fine. I still think they are a little boring.