What is your oppinion on this guitar? I'm currently deciding between the Agile AL-3000 Slim Profile Neck Black and the Agile AL-3000 Prestige Black but I have not been able to find much information on slim profile necks. My friend tells me that guitars with thinner necks are easier to play fast on but would it affect the guitar's sound? Thanks guys!
i dont think it will affect the sound much
plus i love thin necks you will enjoy it more than the prestige
Quote by bajeda
congrats, you made me chuckle at your stupidity.

Seinfeld Club
Some people like thin necks for playing quickly and yes it does have an affect on the sound, though it is very minor. You probably do not have the opportunity to try either of these guitars, so I suggest you go to some near by guitar store and try both a 50's and 60's style neck. That will give you an idea of the difference in profile and sound.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
I remember reading that the slim profile version neck is close to a Wizard II neck in dimensions. I'm not sure if this is true or not, so you may want to doublecheck the measurements. I believe all of the measurements can be found on the AL spec sheet.

For the Wizard II neck, I guess check Ibanez.com? I'm not sure if they'd have exact measurements for it or not.

You may also want to PM Crunchmeister and ask him how he likes the neck on his Agile AL-3000. I believe he has the standard prestige neck on his.

My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
AL-3000 Prestige
Neck taper/thickness at the 1st fret: 21.5 mm; at the 12th fret: 23.5mm

AL-3000 Slim Profile Neck
Neck Taper (thickness) at the first fret is 17mm and 21mm at the 12th fret
yeh there probably would be an affect on sound and if you have small hands then take the slim profile neck just in case the normal neck is too thick for you to play