The whole "Emo" scene right now ( I say "emo" in brackets because all the "emo kids" will deny that emo exists any more, but it does, just in a different way from the eighties. You can't deny it), is just a big contradiction. I walk through the city center and I see them all hanging out and it just seems to be one big competition to see who is more "emo" than the other, then you ask if they are emo and they're like "Yeah, im the only REAL EMO Kid here though" How the hell does that work

Whats up with that?
[Verse One: The Genius/GZA]

Reunited, double LP, we're all excited
Struck a match to the underground, industry ignited
from metaphorical parables to fertilize the Earth
Wicked niggaz come, try to burglarize the turf
Scattin off soft-ass beats them niggaz rap happily
Tragically, that style, deter-iate, rapidly
Uncompleted missions, throwin your best known compositions
You couldn't add it up, if you mastered addition
Where I come from, gettin visual is habitual
De-mon-strate walkin on hot coal, in rituals
I splash the paint on the wall, it formed the mural
He took a look, saw the manifestation of it, was plural
Rhymin while impaired, dart hit your garment
Pierced your internal, streamlined compartments
Just consider the unparallel advantage
Of a natural disaster that's impossible to manage

Fixed.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

wtf? I think your in the wrong place. But whats so cool about being the same as everyone else?
Quote by The-Kicks
wtf? I think your in the wrong place. But whats so cool about being the same as everyone else?

Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Oh so i take it your one of those cliché forum users. They think they are smarter and more sophistacated than everybody else. I get your lyrics... well not yours, but you know what i mean.

*Awaits smart-ass reply from another potential cliché forum user*
Quote by The-Kicks
Oh so i take it your one of those cliché forum users. They think they are smarter and more sophistacated than everybody else. I get your lyrics... well not yours, but you know what i mean.

*Awaits smart-ass reply from another potential cliché forum user*

No, I just don't like seeing this thread every day.

Quote by mydarkesthour

Quote by mydarkesthour

Ah right fair enough, i dont really venture into these parts of the forum that often. Hell, I dont use the forums that often, i prefer to make tabs and write reviews. I just find the whole "Emo" thing happening right now, very very silly.
Meh. It's just a fad.

Emo has been around since the 80's, but it's just now getting big. As far as I'm concerned, it's the new Rap as of right now. It will be huge for a few more years, and then it will die out again.

The people who just listen to the music, and don't dress the part are the ones who will be into it for the long run.

/elitisism
And if ever You come near, I will hold up high a mirror.
Lord, I could never show you anything as beautiful as You.
Well every emo i know or speak to just jokes about being emo. We dont take it seriously just because we look emo, and dont care what anyone else thinks, but its fun.
Can't you guys just leave them be? Emo does indeed suck and it is a dark mark on society, but all the bashing is just getting old. It's fad,it'll be gone in a few years anyway. Then we can make fun of those same kids for followin the new trend. Then after 6 months we'll all be sick of it and i'll rant about it on the internet. It's a never ending cycle, so suck it up.
brnh.bandcamp.com
Mmm probably, I would leave them be, theres a few of them around near where I am that just bring it on themselfs with the things they do/say, it lead me to the conclusion that its just a big contradiction really.