So i just bought a schecter c-1 classic and its a really great guitar, but i was wondering....I had considered an Ibanez SAS32 and an Ibanez S470 but never got to play them...so did i make a mistake by buying the schecter instead or what? By the way i have a marshall jtm 45 reissue and a boss ds-2 if it helps
Ask me no questions, i will tell you no lies...
Yes you made a mistake. You should have played them, and you might have loved them.
probably should have played them first. all are great guitars, but you never know the ibanezes might have fit you better.
Originally posted by Mad Marius
You've broken a low E string??? What style do you play, guitar raping noise core?
The classic is much better than the two. The S470 is rather bland and the SAS is all glitter and sparkels with a some pretty crappy hardware and pickups.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
I think schecter is the best mid range guitars, im getting one soon. No I mean really the c1-classic is a REALLY kick ass guitar... u made a good choice. I'm gettin a schecter c1-plus soon.
yeh if you dont need the trem then you made a good choice as you will probably find them a pain in the ass
who can say? its all preference. That guitar is a great guitar for the price range...

if your happy with it then no, u didnt make a mistake, and dont listen to anyone saying that u did...u shoulda tried everything, but if u are happy with it, then no worries
SHould have played them, but i doubt you did.
I played my dream guitar (schecter) and it absolutly OWNS my ibanez

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Quote by mikeman
ANY Ibanez Prestige owns ANY Schecter.

tough call bro..
the prestige series has pretty ****ty pups, whereas the diamond series usually comes with a DD 59 + JB combo. Also, the diamond series has grover tuners (widely labelled the best)

everything else is all a matter of preference (which neck is better, which bridge is better, etc)

Sunburst ESP Viper-400 with EMG combo
Ibanez Talman Elec-Acoustic
1973 Denver Acoustic
Traynor Custom Valve 20
Classic Cry-Baby
Quote by OpposingForce
I think schecter is the best mid range guitars, im getting one soon. No I mean really the c1-classic is a REALLY kick ass guitar... u made a good choice. I'm gettin a schecter c1-plus soon.

I think you should go get a whole new setup.
Quote by mikeman
ANY Ibanez Prestige owns ANY Schecter.

not really. As much as i love both brands they have a totally different feel so you cant compare the 2. So making a generalised statement like that is being a fanboy.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
I personaly think schecters are geat guitars and id love a c-1 plus but everyone is different and have different opinions! if your happy then you made a good choice maybe you should have played all of them 1st ! at the end of the day you have a C-1 and your happy with it thats all that matters
Guitars:
Schecter Tempest Extreme
Jackson JS30RR Rhoads?
Ibanez RG321MH

amp:
Lines 6 Spider II 30watt

FX:
Line 6 Pod XT Live
Ibanez SZ2006?? I can't even see that model available on their website!?!?
Gear:

- Ibanez SZ720FM (EMG 81/85)
- Ibanez RG1570(D-Sonic/Air Norton)
- Schecter C-1 Classic
- Carvin CT6M (Deep Blue on Quilted Maple)

- Mesa Boogie Rectifier Road King II w/ RK 2x12 Cab
- Boss GT-8
- Ibanez TS9DX
- Monster PRO 2500
Quote by Funky P
The classic is much better than the two. The S470 is rather bland and the SAS is all glitter and sparkels with a some pretty crappy hardware and pickups.
What is "bland" about the S470?
no way man.

ibanez all the way.
Gear:::

Schecter C1 Classic - drop C - .11's
Ibanez rg321 (emg 81/85) - drop D - .10's
----------------------
Peavey 6505+
Peavey XXX 412 cab
Crate VTX212b Combo - practice amp.
----------------------
ibanez TS9