0 0%
EPI LES PAUL CUSTOM
1 3%
SHECTER C1 SPECIAL
4 12%
SHECTER C1 EXOTIC
2 6%
Voters: 34.
I have part of this in the gear & acc forum but thought i might get more response on the guitars here. Any way getting new guitar, spending up to 2500-3000 aud. Using it for all genres but mostly classic rock to hard rock. heres my list so far.

GUITAR CHOICES

FENDER AMERICAN SERIES STRAT $1900
GIBSON LES PAUL STUDIO $3000rrp
EPI LES PAUL STUDIO $900rrp
EPI LES PAUL CUSTOM $1300rrp
SCHECTER C1 EXOTIC $1870
SCHECTER C1 SPECIAL $1400

all prices australian. Just after some feedback from people who have or have played these guitars, and what there thoughts on them are. Also if there are any other brands and models in that price range please share. I have included a poll for my choices so far.
try an sg, im not sure if you can buy one over there but outta those, try a hss american strat, same price, more versitile

Id either go with the Fender American or the Gibson Les Paul.

My opinion, I would get the Gibson, just b/c I really like Les Pauls lol
ESP LTD Viper-50
Dean AK48
Marshall MG-15
Peavey Sheffield 4x12
Peavey Transtube Supreme Head
Zoom 505 II
lol maybe you should have narrowed it down before starting this poll, fender strats and gibson les pauls couldnt be more different.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
yeah i realise there all quite different guitars, but im just after peoples opinions. I have to travel to try these guitars so I don't want to waste time in the shop trying every guitar, so i wanted to get a good list going so I could focus on them. Im actually buying a new amp at the same time, you can see the choices in the guitar gear and acces forum
the gibson lp isn't worth it IMO, thats a lot of money for a guitar. i don't know to much about shecter, so i can't really recomend that, i would probally say Epi LP custom
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
yeah ive been leaning toward the epi custom in an arctic white. I mean it's 1700 cheaper than the gibson. Just wasn't sure how good a qaulity guitar the epi would be. Is it going to withstand years of playing. Thats what im trying to do. Get a guitar and amp that will last and i won't have to worry about doing anything to it, apart from regular maint. The strat would be nice, but I do have a strat copy H/S/S that is ok at the moment. Just needs a few minor things done to the bridge and the wiring.
If you're willing to spend as much as an American Series Strat, get an Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Custom instead. Better quality, solid mahogany (not mahogany/alder), and it'll last you longer than a normal Epiphone.
yeah just finished checking at the elitist and pricing it. Works out that it retails for more than what the gibson studio does.
Quote by guitariswannabe
yeah just finished checking at the elitist and pricing it. Works out that it retails for more than what the gibson studio does.

That's nice.

So did you decide on it yet?
I own an Epiphone Les Paul Custom and its a great guitar! Tomorrow im probably picking up some '57 Gibson humbuckers.

I'd say get the American Strat (I really want one of these) or get the Les Paul Custom and put some new pickups on it. The strat would be good because of its versatility.
yeah so far i think it's coming down to a choice between the epi custom and the strat. It will all depend though how they feel when I go to the shop. I know the strat will fell nice, as my copy strat is real comfortable, so the real thing has to be better. The only thing that is kind of throwing me on the epi is the access to the higher frets. Havn't actually played one so im just waiting to see if I like the feel. The way I figure it is if i do get the epi + maybe one of the marshalls im looking at i would have enough to change pup's over if needed.