What we hope to accomplish through this project:

To wind the proverbial threads of community tighter in the world of S&L
To create a work that everyone who shares a love for S&L and art in general to be proud of
To allow each individual participating a way to both grow through the experience and show how they have grown as writers and people in their S&L careers
To have some goddamn fun!

What this project is:
Most basically this project is a book, not a compelation as some people are thinking. However, because of the different authors and styles we have to incorporate we cannot make this a normal book, quite the contrary in fact. My vision is that we will have an 8 to 12 chapter piece of writing with a prologue setting the stage for where said chapters will take place. Each chapter will delve into a different theme of some sort possibly delving on one humans feelings, possibly on multiple, and quite possibly, no humans at all. This is my basic vision, and that brings me to...

Why the hell am I making this thread, why not just dive into the project?:

Well, theres a simple answer to that, I dont know what I have to work with in terms of people and their styles. This paticular thread is to gather ideas for how to make this book run as smoothly as possible up to its completion. I also must know who will participate. This is actually the most hipocritical thing I've said in a long time but I will have to screen authors, for as much as I want to inforce community I also want this project to work out well.

I ask everyone who wants to participate to post in this thread and then send me one of their pieces of writing {preferably prose, but I can deal with lyrical poetry} and I will probably accept you... you guys have no idea how much it pains me to do it this way but...

List of POTENTIAL Authors:

1. Dylan Doyle
2. Fred
3. Broken Bottles (name?)
4. Amplify
5. Jagstang
6. Matt
7. Nelson
8. Michael

{more spaces can be added}

List of feasible ideas:

Well, get suggesting!

In addition, there is also the S&L chatroom used as part of the main UG chat:

Directions:

1. Click Here.

2. Fill in as follows but make sure you fill in Guitar_guest with nickname of your choice, usually your UG username.

Also, ignore Robo-Cop. He's the chat bot.
Last edited by #1 synth at Aug 18, 2006,
Me, me, me, me, me, and me.

EDIT: As for ideas, I'll sleep on it and repost something in the morning.

EDITEDIT: In response to Dylan's edit) I have a feeling I'll be here for at least three months.
Last edited by Dæmönika at Aug 18, 2006,
I repeat:
I ask everyone who wants to participate to post in this thread and then send me one of their pieces of writing {preferably prose, but I can deal with lyrical poetry} and I will probably accept you... you guys have no idea how much it pains me to do it this way but...

so no matter how much I want you or love your work I'm not just gonna give you a pass, I gotta keep something fair here.

Edit: I also want you all to know that this project will be completed, I dont care how long it takes or how many different revisions we have to do, or even how much work I myself have to put into it, it will be completed.

So I also need to know that you are dedicated to this thing and will be willing to stick with it (and that also means stay in S&L and UG) for the next 3 or more months. Those who believe they cannot fufill this have no buisiness being part

wow, I sound like a complete hardass, much
Last edited by #1 synth at Aug 18, 2006,
COUNT ME ****ING IN!!!!!!!!! IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IN!!!!!!!! NOW!!!!!!!!1

Sorry wbout that...got alittle carried away....but yeah, i want in. great idea-

story idea-a boy illusinating. illusinations through a young mind. i always wondered how that would look like.
...And The Nominees Are
I should be automatically entered into this shit.

I'll help out in whatever way. Just don't expect me to suck anyone's balls. I only suck balls for movie deals.
www.facebook.com/longlostcomic
^Haha. Mr "Im leaving S&L."

Anyways, Im in as well. Ehh, Ill have to search for links. Just follow my sig to where mostly all of my stuff is (well, most of it..I havent updated in awhile)
Can You Fill In The Blanks?
haha, I was actually gonna leave you a message on AIM the next time I saw you my dear Matthew, I figured that you might wanna participate

In fact, you shall be the 1st mate, first mate Matt, has a nice ring to it no? I will send you all the people I'm undecided about and you shall choose if you want them in your crew... yep

I <3 being a dic[k]tator
Quote by Something_Vague
I should be automatically entered into this shit.

I'll help out in whatever way. Just don't expect me to suck anyone's balls. I only suck balls for movie deals.

Oh damn.

But if Matt's in, I'm in!

In fact, I was in without him. hah. hah. hah.

I don't know what to send you though... Maybe my most recent? What of mine did you like the most? haha.
I'll do it.

my name is andy

EDIT: gimme a few days to find you something to read. i lost most of my notebooks.
Quote by KaMiKaZi90
"Mr. Owl? How many strokes does it take to make my little man explode?"
"Lets find out! One! Two! Three!"
*Crunch*
""
^^Bring back Vi/Vivi/Generic Black Mage!

Eh, fuck this 'first mate' cocksucking shit TBH. Return through the quitter's entrance.

Is Steve on board with this? Is Antoine on board?

Anyway, pending exam results, I'm happy to contribute to this if people would like me to.

Does this qualify as lyrical prose?
If not I've got real prose I can send you.
ρ
I love the new avater IT IS FOONEY . Umm im sooooooooooooo in im new to S and like L but i like totally swear three months is like 3 of the like good 72 months i have left to live. So like totally i will sooo set aside 3 months of my 72 to mean i still have SIXTY NINE left to live. tis good. tis good.

wtf am i doing

yeah im in, my name is mike. (idk who the michael is you have on the list but yeah)

also

short story on my sig

ill write anything

<3
My little plan is to have Dylan 2, Pooch, and 2 others on pure verse to help tie everything together and then the rest just pure prose.

Uh, Mike what the fuking hell are you saying

{and Michael is Daemonika}
Wow that is incredibly bad math... i tried to multiply 60 by 12 and got ... 72 lmfao

thing it was 720...

i kept thinking that was an incredibly short amount of time i have left to live

oops...

im not completely

straight arrow

as of about 5 hours ago

whew

ummm ill do the proso de el inteligente porque es escrito por mi

or something like that
si el libro mio se pague su cabeza el sabado pasado que el el capital de Guatamala?

^if you figure it out, esto should be the answer you are looking for. Math FTW.

And seriously, you guys need to start giving up some ideas for this not just sign up...
Like i said in the suggestions thread; i wanna part in this!

Edit: Ok, i have an idea. How about we pick a topic, then we pick different writers to write from different points of view of the things involved (not necessarily people).
Last edited by caz_guitar_dude at Aug 19, 2006,
OK, I have a (shit, but there aren't many suggestions just now) suggestion, just to get us started. If all those who are going to write this just write a couple of paragraphs about who they are, what they do, preferrred such-and-such, just as an introduction for the whole book.

I'll think of something else for the book proper throughout the day.
AAAAAAAHHHHHHH Alice just edited my thread!!!

whew, that scared me for a moment, you are a very tricky chica. Anyway, take heed to the chat thing in my newly *Aliced* post, if I'm on UG (meh, I'm using invisible mode aint I?) I'll be in the S&L chat thing, so hit me up with any ideas you have or if you just wanna chill
Quote by #1 synth
si el libro mio se pague su cabeza el sabado pasado que el el capital de Guatamala?

^if you figure it out, esto should be the answer you are looking for. Math FTW.

And seriously, you guys need to start giving up some ideas for this not just sign up...

that really doest make sense

yes, the my book be paid its head the saturday pass what is the capital of guatemala?

heyo

ummm

i liked caz guitar dude's idea.
So my idea is ok?

Edit: By the way, i can't use the chatroom; every time i lick connect my pc restarts...
Last edited by caz_guitar_dude at Aug 20, 2006,
Whoa i never saw this up, ofc id like to be in this. Sending you a piece now.

i'll read through all the posts later, i got to the bottom of page 1 so not much more.

I'm spinning a few ideas, I'll get them up asap.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.