digitech metal master
7 4%
EH Metal Muff
51 31%
ibanez tube screamer
26 16%
Voters: 164.
Page 1 of 2
hi i am looking at buying a boss mt-2 but after reading bad things about theam in one of the threads i am not shure any more is thare any other pedals that are better in this price range
kool just that one gut sed that it waz no good whith out a e.q. and thare was better ones out thear for the mony
digitech metal master for me
Quote by YYZ
Yea, that's why most hot girls are dating faggot emo kids from ****ty faggot gay homo emo bands. I hate life.
Quote by tiny0514
kool just that one gut sed that it waz no good whith out a e.q. and thare was better ones out thear for the mony

I dont mean to be an ass, but did you just get smacked stupid in the past 15 minutes?
“There’s only two ways to sum up music; either it’s good or it’s bad. If it’s good you don’t mess about it, you just enjoy it.” - Louie Armstrong
honestly, i didnt understand that.. im almos pissing my pants laughing
Quote by NickRaciti
Ladies don't spit.

(they swallow)

Quote by altronataku
The last nine or ten false readings in gravity wave detectors have been due to the gravity field of my nads.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
MD-2
Jackyl and Hyde Ultimate Overdrive

Or a keeley modded MT-2

All much better!

i'm using~it's great
I have a DS-1, MT-2, and an Ibanez Dist pedal (Can't remember the model #). The MT-2 Is by far better than anything else I've used...

I reccomend it.
I didn't like the MT-2 when I owned it. It may have been because it was on my old SS amps, but it sounded so thin. There was no "umph" behind it. It seemed like I had turned treble all the way up and mids and bass down but I didn't.
is the keeley mod much better than the stock mt-2 ? and as any one herd of a mt-2 whith a devils fx mod.
im a big advocate of the EH Metal Muff, it sounds way bigger and fuller than the MT-2 (which has a nasty harsh electronic sound) the keeley modded ones are a little better though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by THEmiz19
Dude the boss MT-2 hands down is the best. Def buy it.

No it's not and don't. The MT-2 is one of the worst pedals on the market.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
Quote by tiny0514
so what is the best

"Best" is largely subjective......largely, but not completely (the MT-2 is crap, doesn't matter what you think...it's crap) Try a Metal Muff or an Uber-Metal, just stay the hell away from the MT-2. Or better yet, buy a tube amp.
Someones knowledge of guitar companies spelling determines what amps you can own. Really smart people can own things like Framus because they sound like they might be spelled with a "y" but they aren't.
I would try the Demonizer pedal. Besides the cool name its...well its got a cool name and its like $300.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Either:

digitech METALMASTER

or

line 6 UBER METAL
Larrivée D-03R
US Fender Telecaster, Vox AC15
Quote by FFFDFEFRFKFFF
I would try the Demonizer pedal. Besides the cool name its...well its got a cool name and its like $300.

x2 - exactly! This pedal has 2 in built 12ax7's! Listen to the soundclips at the damage control website, or if you can't afford that - look at an MXR doubleshot or a rocktron Silver Dragon - I have one (Rocktron) and its fantastic for metal. If you want more details either repost or PM me.

Good Luck,

Dan
Gear List;

Laney VH100R with Matching Cab
Ibanez RGT42FM
Schecter C-1+
BC Rich Neck Thru Warlock
ISP Noise Decimator
Ibanez TS9
yes go with the metal muff.im a MT-2 fan. but at loud levels its tough to get a good sound where the metal muff does get a good (high gain) sound.
yeah those damage control ones are the best
but there 200-300 dollars

i've heard great things form the uber metal, and that's about it
ok let me fix this thread because there are so many horrible suggestions let me go through a list of what is crap.

CRAP
Boss MT-2
Digitech metal master basically anything by digitech
Line 6 Uber metal

Mediocre
Rocktron Silver Dragon
MXR double Shot
MXR Dime Distortion

Very good
Maxon DS-9 Sonic Distortion
VS Jekyl and Hyde
Mesa V-Twin
The Demonizizers

The pedals on the crap list are absolute garbage digital sounding sound like crap basically

The pedals on the mediocre list arent bad but there are much better

The pedals in the last list are all amazing and will get you very good distortion.

I have fixed the thread you are welcome i will answer any questions youve got
Member of UG's Gain \/\/hores - pm gpderek09 to join
Its a rather new pedal and i have yet to try it but i have heard that it is a very good pedal and from my experience EHX makes very good pedals in general so chances are its gonna be nice. what kind of amp do you have and what is you budget
Quote by Syn Harvest
no its OD

No ****, I was merely questioning him putting the Tubescreamer within a bunch of Distortion pedals.
Quote by Syn Harvest
ok let me fix this thread because there are so many horrible suggestions let me go through a list of what is crap.

CRAP
Boss MT-2
Digitech metal master basically anything by digitech
Line 6 Uber metal

Mediocre
Rocktron Silver Dragon
MXR double Shot
MXR Dime Distortion

Very good
VS Jekyl and Hyde
Mesa V-Twin
The Demonizizers

The pedals on the crap list are absolute garbage digital sounding sound like crap basically

The pedals on the mediocre list arent bad but there are much better

The pedals in the last list are all amazing and will get you very good distortion.

I have fixed the thread you are welcome i will answer any questions youve got

where would the metal muff go ?
Larrivée D-03R
Quote by Invictious
No ****, I was merely questioning him putting the Tubescreamer within a bunch of Distortion pedals.

ya sry i questioned that to i thought you wwere talkign to me never mind my post.

I have heard very good things about the metal muff but as it is a relativley new pedal i have yet to play it. but i know EHX makes very good pedals and from what i have heard putting it all together it should be very good
hey I looked into those 4 VERY GOOD pedals lol

Very good
VS Jekyl and Hyde
Mesa V-Twin
The Demonizizers

Those ones.. the Mesa is like a guitar head by itself haha it looks so nice.

With the Demonizer and or the Mesa's price I could buy a new amp. lol

The SD-9 Sonic Distortion is the only affordable one, but the sound clips I heard are "mediocre-not good"
Larrivée D-03R
i have a marshal mg30dfx and a mg100dfx but soon geting a ashdown fallan angle 60w head and cab . i kno tube amps have grate distortion anyway but i needed a pedal to run throu a cleen chanal or to use wen in practice. prive range 0-£200
Quote by mEtAlORc
The SD-9 Sonic Distortion is the only affordable one, but the sound clips I heard are "mediocre-not good"

Ya im not a fan of the clips on the Maxon Page either but i have owned it for a very long time and i guarentee you it is an amzing pedal
Personally, I'd say the best combination for any tone is the Boss DS-1 and an EQ pedal, but that's jsut me. Of the ones listed that I've tried, the Uber Metal is the only one I've ever found to have a useable tone.

Quote by hmmm_de_hum
i liked the sound of the mesa boogie v twin pedal..........absolutely killer sounding, but seriously expensive

Technically, it's a preamp, and not a distortion pedal. I used to own one, and I did enjoy it. I knew that a tube preamp means nothing if you have solid state power, but ordered it anyway. I used it as a preamp jacked directly into my Peavey Bandit's power amp. I really enjoyed the sound. It wasn't as huge of an 'improvement'; (and I use that term loosely) as I expected a $300 pedal to be, but it was nice.

The real eye (ear) opener occurred when I took the pedal to a friend's house and tried it in his JCM 900 2 x 12 combo and his other guitarist's Mesa Recto half stack. The difference was amazing. It sounded huge and completely different than on my amp. Hearing this thing dancing with tube power made me reconsider my purchase. In the end, I sold the V-Twin, since I really wasn't getting my money's worth out of it thru my rig.

So unless you're planning on running your shìt thru tube power, spending bug bucks on tube preamps or tube distortion is a waste of money.
Guitars: Custom Lado Earth 2000-3, Custom ESP Explorer, BC Rich KKV, Gibson LP Studio, Greco SG, El Degas Stratocaster, Agile AL-3000, LTD EX-351

Rig:Marshall JVM410H + Marshall 1960A, Boss Noise Suppressor
Page 1 of 2