What is there to look for in a Hi quality gibby? in terms of QC? like i heard once, the heaveier gibson usually aren't the better ones...
Well a majority of the Gibson Les Pauls that I have played and found to be exceptional were of a certain weight so that the body of the guitar was not so heavy that when it sat on my lap I would struggle to keep it from falling off.

There are no key characteristic of a bad guitar besides it sounds bad and it plays bad. If you find one that sounds and plays well, then it is of high quality.
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
^He brings up a good point, which Gibson guitar do you have in mind specifically?
Quote by RHCP94
It's an option for the "Which one of E Daws parents are uglier?" thread.
Yes, which Gibson do you have in mind. I usually find the custom ones to be excellent, although they are expensive as hell.
Sent from my iPad.
I have an '80 LP custom that weighs a ****ing ton and sounds great with sustain out the ass. That said, I have played others like it and was disappointed and vice versa have played the lighter and some feel better and play better than others.
I believe they're all high quality but, no 2 sound exactly the same. Play several to hear it for yourself. If, it is indeed a LP you're looking for. If not, disregard
Quote by jimmcs2000
I have an '80 LP custom that weighs a ****ing ton and sounds great with sustain out the ass. That said, I have played others like it and was disappointed and vice versa have played the lighter and some feel better and play better than others.
I believe they're all high quality but, no 2 sound exactly the same. Play several to hear it for yourself. If, it is indeed a LP you're looking for. If not, disregard

Do you have one thats Pre-1985? Someone told me that Gibsons that were made before 1985 are of higher quality.
Sent from my iPad.