so my friend has a godin...and thinks he is all bad a$$...but honestly how good are these guitars??
"The grass is always greener on the other side..."
Quote by tetsuma
Bass work is just as important as guitar work, its people who dont understand this who fail.
but how do they compare to a jackson
"The grass is always greener on the other side..."
Quote by tetsuma
Bass work is just as important as guitar work, its people who dont understand this who fail.
If he thinks its a great guitar, he's probably right, he's probably found the right guitar for himself.

There is never any definitive answer of this guitar is better than this etc although, it is often easy to assume that knock off brand a is poorer than original brand a, if you get what i mean.

Is a Godin better than a Jackson? Its all in the hands mate. On paper, no one can tell you unless you compare model to model.
Godin makes some damn nice guitars. One of my friend's bought a guitar that was his first and it was a Godin. It was the one that was a mix between a Tele, Les Paul, and Strat, but it was nice and cheap. About $350 USD.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
Godins are great. I have the Freeway Classic in Transblue. Its a great guitar. The tremolo system is pretty bad and hard to use, but with an upgrade in that and possibly the pickups, you would have an amazing guitar for only 300-400$.
Yup, they make great guitars for a great price.
I will show you something different from either
Your shadow in the morning striding behind you
Or your shadow at evening rising to meet you
I will show you fear in a handful of dust