Best Christian Rock or Hardcore Band and please dont come after me for being a christian thats a verypersonal thing and what i care about i wont come after you if you arent a christian!

So what do you think is the best christian hardcore or just a certain type of rock band?

Mine is Haste the Day
umm thrice? but people seem to get angry when they get labeled as christian
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
kutless, even though every song sounds the same
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
Quote by somethingcool76
umm thrice? but people seem to get angry when they get labeled as christian

Thats true but thats what they are is a christian band
august burns red, as i lay dying, old underoath, those are all good
I like few songs by Relient K..although some I despise with a burning passion.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by RHDIII
kutless, even though every song sounds the same

dude thats not true if you listen to there worship cd yes i know made by different people but there tones are pretty RAD
Demon Hunter ....Pillar.....Decyfer Down....Jonah33.....Dizmas......Norma Jean......Blindside.....Seventh Day Slumber............i have lots more if you wanna know any more lol
mods should move this, but i think casting crowns is pretty good, if there christian rock that is
RED, The Showdown, Thousand Foot Krutch, Spoken, 12 Stones, Pillar, Staple, Hawk Nelson, Disciple, and P.O.D (Satellite and older) just to name a few.
Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.

Quote by Hardcore101
Best Christian Rock or Hardcore Band and please dont come after me for being a christian thats a verypersonal thing and what i care about i wont come after you if you arent a christian!

So what do you think is the best christian hardcore or just a certain type of rock band?

Mine is Haste the Day

I Love Haste The Day too!
Member #20 of the Guitarists Born in 1991 Club PM blues_rocker or greendayguitar to join.

Member Of The Anti - Ibanez Militia

Quote by d. b. cooper
I listen to metal, therefore I do not have feelings...

Quote by -blaze-
anti-depressants for emo kids.

Killswitch Engage is awesome, and why don't you consider thrice christian?
Last edited by 1fine69 at Aug 18, 2006,
Quote by 1fine69
Killswitch Engage is awesome, and why don't you consider thrice christian?

Killswitch is good
Quote by Dave_Mc
Aw, dammit, I thought this was about the "half-naked chicks giveaway" with the pictures of guitars...

Quote by guitarphillip
what the hell you have 3 guitars and yet you dont know how to do power chords may god have mercy on your soul.
Last edited by Firzen at Aug 18, 2006,
NONE of it is as good as the secular counterparts but i like Reliant K and some switchfoot, although both bands do a lot of secular music too
[member of UG's Slide Player Legion
PM Shedmeiser101 to join if your feelin dem blues
What do you mean they do alot of secular music too, and I would say that killswitch and thrice are easily in the top 10 of their genres on most peoples lists.
It doesn't matter if music is secular or not as long as it's well written. In a lot of cases, some of these Christian bands just don't write great music. Which a lot of people use against the whole genre. But, if you look at it, every genre has crappy bands and good bands. It shouldn't matter if a band is Christian or not as long as they write good music.

Just my take on it.
My Gear:

Washburn WI14 Electric
Washburn D10s Acoustic
Marshall MG100HDFXR Special Edition
Marshall MG412AR Special Edition

Quote by Danno13
^Xenn is my favorite MG owner EVAR.

Quote by jj1565
^ Xenn fav MG user evar
Quote by Xenn99
It doesn't matter if music is secular or not as long as it's well written. In a lot of cases, some of these Christian bands just don't write great music. Which a lot of people use against the whole genre. But, if you look at it, every genre has crappy bands and good bands. It shouldn't matter if a band is Christian or not as long as they write good music.

Just my take on it.

dude i swear u need to be a mod
Exactly, Why the heck is christian even a genre, thats so retarded, if a band is buddhist, its not "buddhist rock". All that does is make people apply steriotypes to bands they've never even listened to, which is why alot of bands don't even claim to be a christian band even though their lyrics make it obvious.
Quote by 1fine69
Killswitch Engage is awesome

Huh? Since when are they considered Christian? I'd say Relient K, and Showbread are some of my faves... I get really sick of people stereotyping Christian music though, it really gets on my nerves when someone says "Oh, their Christian right? Thats why I dislike them, all of there songs are about God" But while quite regularly many Christian bands produce entire CDs that don't discuss God, at all... Sure the songs have good messages, but is that bad? I mean really, come on...

But then again, I can see why somepeople get tired of Christian music, as some of it can be subpar at times, and not really innovative... But that might be just due to my tastes in music.

But honestly, Killswitch Engage? and someone else said Cannibal Corpse? those can't be right...
Last edited by Shine On... at Aug 18, 2006,
Stryper. They are the supreme Christian Metal band
MEMBER OF THE UGERS FOR AQUA TEEN HUNGER FORCE

Member Number 12 of the Iron Maiden are Gods Club. PM Revelations to Join

Sergeant Simmons of the KISS Army: UG Regiment PM Sloopy to join

Member of the "I Remember Old Nickelodeon Club"