Are there any online MP3 to MIDI converters. (IE: that don't require a download or buying)
Quote by Gitter_Wizard
Thats impossible, so dont even try looking for one.

I was going to say exactly that.
MIDI is the binary form of sounds used for computer games and sound mixers etc. instead of the wavform.
Member #21 of the Princess Bride Fan Club! PM bucky_2300 to join.
Quote by Gitter_Wizard
Thats impossible, so dont even try looking for one.

actually there is a few programs out there that do it,i found it when people on UG told me its impossible.
There all to buy though and hard to find,but keep looking il show up.
To bad i dont remember the program name this was like 2,3 years ago..
Quote by crzywhiteboy
actually there is a few programs out there that do it,i found it when people on UG told me its impossible.
There all to buy though and hard to find,but keep looking il show up.
To bad i dont remember the program name this was like 2,3 years ago..

What? You'd have to somehow isolate all instruments and convert their pitch and timing values to midi values for the proper instruments too... Midi is essentially code that tells the soundcard to play what sound at what pitch at what time, that's why it's so small...

I'd like to see this program.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
What? You'd have to somehow isolate all instruments and convert their pitch and timing values to midi values for the proper instruments too... Midi is essentially code that tells the soundcard to play what sound at what pitch at what time, that's why it's so small...

I'd like to see this program.

the previous poster was likely thinking of midi to wav/mp3 conversion, which of course is possible.