I dont really know much about rack set ups and was wondering what do power amps really do?
supply the power
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.

you wouldn't be able to power speakers with out one. it's one of the main sections of any amp. it's the part that supplies the wattage and power to the sound so it has volume...

rageing_bad_ass: your sig is hilarious.
Quote by ClassicAxe

consider anything derek suggests, He IS a gain VVhore you know
Quote by jj1565
derek, will you go out wt me?

President Gain Whore -group on profile
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

could you just put a power conditioner, compresser, and an effect(somehitng like a G-Major) in a rack alone and use the amps tone and maybe get a few overdrive floor pedals?
Last edited by 14guitar14 at Aug 18, 2006,
Quote by gpderek09

rageing_bad_ass: your sig is hilarious.

what the putt secks part?

o and i dont see what your asking^^ u will need a power amp if thats what you mean
MEMBER 6 OF I <3 Online Putt Putt Group
Puttsecks?
Quote by DoTheEvolution
I like peni better. It sounds funnier.
"a group of naked guys jumped me, I have never seen so much peni ."
he likes peni

Captain of the Rage Against the Myspace Club. PM Bloody Mary to enlist.
14guitar: yes. just put it in the FX loop of the amp, or out front, or both, depending on what processors you're using.

raging: yeah, the puttsecks. made me chuckle.
Quote by ClassicAxe

Quote by jj1565

damnit RAGEING_BAD_@$$, I want that hour back I wasted playing minigolf!

Quote by 14guitar14
could you just put a power conditioner, compresser, and an effect(somehitng like a G-Major) in a rack alone and use the amps tone and maybe get a few overdrive floor pedals?

I'm not quite following what you mean. Like derek said, you can use rack units with a regular amp, if that's your question. I run a G-Major and a Sonic maximizer on the FX loop of my amps. They are regular amp heads, not rack units.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
ya thats what i meant use the g major and stuff through the effects loop of my combo amp
would a furman plus series power conditioner, a dbx 166xl compressor, and a TC G-Major with a Peavey JSX sound anygood?
Last edited by 14guitar14 at Aug 19, 2006,
well, a power conditioner is really only going to help with a noisey power source, it's just a fancy power strip really. I know DBX is a pretty good name for compressors, but I've never tried that model. I love the G-Major though. It's a very transparent unit, I was finding the cheaper units tended to color my sound and add a digital quality to it. You can also configure it to run serial or parallel fx, so in parrallel it runs a dry signal along with the wet fx signal, so you can make it even more transparent if you wanted. Since my amp has a parallel loop already, I run the unit in serial mode. As far as the JSX, it's a very nice amp, and it has an fx loop, so it should take rack units fine IMO. Satch doesn't seem to have any problems with fx.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids