Hi ive been playin about 6 months, electric guitar only, and i would like to invest in a acoustic guitar, now i want a DECENT acoustic around mmmmmm 200-300 USD. i would like a small, not like a baby, kinda Strat sized acoustic. Thanx guys!
Quote by fsb_ben
click my sig.. the link right under this line

0_0 ty OH WAIT! i have a "special" request, read read...
do you have any guitars currently in mind?

why are you looking for a smaller guitar?
Quote by jimtaka
do you have any guitars currently in mind?

why are you looking for a smaller guitar?

i dont like big guitars, i know nothing about acoustics, if it makes a sound difference, i want the better sounding one
let me be the first to tell you that it definitely does make a BIG difference in sound. i can understand if you don't like big guitars. it IS important that you feel comfortable with your guitar, but you are going to sacrifice alot of tone to get a parlor guitar. if you don't like big guitars, stick with dreadnoughts and stay away from jumbos. maybe have a look at the NEX body style that takamine produces. although the NEX guitars don't have the best tone unplugged, they still sound better than a 3/4 size guitar will.

EDIT: also, a friend of mine has a Dean electric-acoustic that has a small body. it's an archtop acoustic-electric with a cutaway. the body is smaller like the NEX body by takamine and it's even a little thinner than the NEX. i'm not saying that the guitar sounds all too swell unplugged (it does sound pretty good plugged in), but it may be something you want to look into.

i can't believe i just reccomended the NEX body style or any acoustic by Dean.
Last edited by jimtaka at Aug 20, 2006,
Is a Taylor Big Baby in your price range. Over here they are £300, but usually prices are the same in dollar (making US guitars well cheaper).

I had one and it is a 15/16 scale guitar, and it is an amazing guitar, but like an a**hole, I sold it for spending money for my holiday to Ibiza in 5 days time! I regret it majorly.

One of the guitar magazines over here voted the Vintage V300 acoustic the best guitar under £1000 back in'03. The best thing is that this guitar is not expensive at all, I've seen it brand new for £85. And I've played it too, and it is very good, it is also smaller than your usual dreadnought (it's classed as a folk guitar, but that doesn't make a difference to what style you play).

I'm buying it after my holiday. I do miss the Taylor though.

You need to realise though that you have to get used to playing bigger guitars i.e. acoustics, as the thin electro models like the stratocoustic etc... have a very poor sound quality unplugged (on top of which, you need an acoustic amp to enjoy them fully - more cash!!), and you don't get the real feel and tonal quality you should get from an acoustic. Like you I started on an electric guitar, but I wish I hadn't, as the rudiments of guitar playing have to be learned on an acoustic, and it opens your ears to far more musical styles believe it or not. Alslo, if you learn chords on a chunkier necked acoustic guitar, it is far easier to transfer them to an electric, particularly the more tricky chords.

Hope this helps. Go for the Vintage, you won't be dissapointed.
Would you reccomend the Big Baby over the ones listed in the Under 300 Thread? Such as the Yamahas or some Alvarezes?
I haven't tried the other ones you've mentioned, but I would reccomend the Big Baby in any case. Tanglewood do a very good acoustic (voted the USA's favourite acoustic 2005) that I played in Aberdeen the other day and that was pretty good. It only cost about £170 and comes with a hard case which is always a bonus.
get a fender stratacoustic!!!look it up
my gear=
<ludwig 7 piece set, 6 cymbals>
<dw 3000 double kicks>
<ibanez sz>
<fender stratacoustic>
<yamaha synth>
<godin freeway 4 bass>
<digitech rp80>
<custom 100w tech 21 amp>
<fender frontman 15b amp>
Quote by LilVikingboy
Would you reccomend the Big Baby over the ones listed in the Under 300 Thread? Such as the Yamahas or some Alvarezes?

Good god no. The big baby is a rip off. Your paying $100 just for the taylor name.