i love my mexican strat and am not willing to buy an american strat. I am looking to replace my mexi strat with new pickups. What pickups would you all suggest?
Texas Specials or Noiseless would be in mine, however, the music you play may be quite different that what those are good for.
im intrested in good pickups too, i play a hot rod deluxe and play blues and rock
how do i get new pickups installed too, like is that osmething i could do at guitar center?
Lindy Fralin Vintage Hots, or Fender Fat 50's.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
I got a MIM Standard and gettting my Lindy Fralin Blues Specials installed tommorow.
Amp:
Fender Blues Jr (GH1230 Celestion Speaker)
Pedals
Barber DD
Wilson WH-10 Clone
Ibanez WH10 V2

Pitchblack Tuner
Boss DD-3
Guitars: 06' Custom Fender Strat Lindy Fralin Blues Specials, Callaham Tremolo
09' Olympic White Stratocaster
Replace them with Samarium Cobalt Pickups, and you instantly changed your guitar to sound like American Deluxe.

I put Dimarzio Humbuckers in my Mexican STrat (Fast Track2, Fast Track1, Protrack)
Quote by zenjirou
Replace them with Samarium Cobalt Pickups, and you instantly changed your guitar to sound like American Deluxe.

I don't know if they sell those aftermarket. I haven't seen them if they do.
I put Dimarzio Humbuckers in my Mexican STrat (Fast Track2, Fast Track1, Protrack)
None of which are good for blues.

If you're willing to drop some money on customs, contact this guy www.sdpickups.com
Hi, I'm Peter
iI have a traynor ycv50 blue tube amp. I mostly play blues and jazz, but i also like to play alot of hendrix. I basically want pickups to play all different styles of music. (versatility)
Lace Sensors! i like those pickups aton! i dont have a strat to put um in unfortunetly. but go check um out
Samarium Colbats from American Deluxe are 199$ for pack of 3. Readily availble. I've seen many on ebay

Pro Track is excellent Blues Pickup when in Neck position (But that is quoting from Dimarzio's web site, )
Ha. Well, I have a Chopper in my Strat, and I know the Fast Tracks are supposed to be slightly milder versions of those, but they're not really good for cleans or "in between" tones I've found. And with Lace Sensors, it depends. I find the Golds far too weak. I don't think they have much to them as far as balls go. On the other hand, Hot Golds are decent. If you play blues and rock, though, I'd still go custom wound if you can afford them. If not, then probably the noiseless recommended above.
Hi, I'm Peter
what do you all think about this. A dimarzio blue velvet for the neck pickup, a fender blue lace sensor in the middle pickup, and a SD SH-1 59 in the bridge. Do you think that would give me a versatile sound and what are your opinions on that setup?
Sounds pretty good. The only problem I found trying to make an "everything" Strat is that, especially with stacked humbuckers, it becomes difficult to balance them for volume. For example, I had a DiMarzio Chopper, DiMarzio HS-3, and Lace Sensor Gold in an American Strat. It would go from loud to "umm...what happened" flipping between the Chopper and anything else.
Hi, I'm Peter
y does it do that? Should i just stick to all fender pickups or SD pick ups or Dimarzio? and if so then what would u suggest?
Last edited by flipmode1120 at Aug 19, 2006,
It does that because the set isn't balanced for output. A DiMarzio Chopper, for example, is about twice as powerful as a Lace Sensor. It's not about matching brand, per se, it's about balancing strength. But in the end, it's all about what you want. Any of the recommendations above would work well, too.
Hi, I'm Peter
read on a forum about this combo seymour duncan JB(bridge), SD cool rails (mid), and lil 59 neck. What do u think about that? so they should have the same resistance and Inductance?
Last edited by flipmode1120 at Aug 19, 2006,
yeah, if you want balanced output. Actually, the bridge should be a *little* stronger than the neck and mid, just because of the physics of string vibration. Seymour Duncan also sells a combination package with a Lil JB bridge, Duckbucker for the mid and Lil 59 for the neck. Sounds like a good package to me. If you get a custom 5 way switch, you can do cool combinations with 3 humbuckers.
Hi, I'm Peter
i think i get what ur saying so a dimarzio area 58 for the middle, a blue velvet in the neck, and a SD JB in the bridge that would work for a balenced output right and that would sound good too right? Also should the mid pickup have a stronger output then the neck pickup?
i think strats come with 250k pots. If i put a SD hot rod in the bridge would i have to change the volume knob to a 500k pot?