whenever im on the high gain channel on my amp and im not playin i get this annoying high pitched ring..why does it do this...and how do i get rid of it?
feedback
Quote by steven seagull
good, however give yourself a pat on the back for starting a thread that contains a picture of Optimus Prime!

Quote by Schneiderman
This thread sucks and is now about slot cars.
^ Exactly, just turn the volume all the way down on your guitar, it happens with most amps, if not all.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
face away from the amp, move further away from the amp, stop strings from ringing if you dont play them.
Quote by SGStrummer61
^ Exactly, just turn the volume all the way down on your guitar, it happens with most amps, if not all.

I just can't get an bloody feedback with my cube 30w unless i literally stick my guitar onto the amp, then I get this low volume buzz, pathetic.
Quote by Invictious
I just can't get an bloody feedback with my cube 30w unless i literally stick my guitar onto the amp, then I get this low volume buzz, pathetic.

yeh but its easier to get feedback if you have a tube amp with high gain from what ive found. and easy to manipulate
Ok I don't know if this is it but if you have a cellphone and its in your pocket (Right behind the bridge pickup) You get a high pitched ring, I found that out the other day ,
i figured out its the guitar..it rings even when i mute the strings when im not playing..its a mann les paul copy..i plugged in my barracuda and this didnt happen..i figure its prolly the pickups or the wiring in general since its so old..so im gunna get it all replaced..how much would gettin all the electronics replaced cost me? and where could i get it done?
Last edited by keendawg at Aug 19, 2006,
if you are a by a computer monitor, ur guitar will also make feedback noises.

it sux
ummm depends on where you live. personally you can get most of the equipment from www.stew-mac.com and then its just a matter of re doing everything with a soldering iron unless your scared then take it to your local music store to get it done.