Im just wondering what makes the jem more than double the price of something like a RG1570, I know its made of alder, but that wouldnt increase cost would it? is it cause it comes with the evos. I know they both have the same bridge so is it mostly just cause of the looks, like the inlay, gold hardware and stuff?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
uh, so nobody knows why a jem is more than an RG1570>?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Well, for one thing its a signature guitar. Second, it has that handle thing, the inlays are MUCH better, gold hardware, better pickups, and probably better neck. That's probably about it.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
I see, well if thats it I dont see myself getting one, cause I dont care that much about the monkey grip, hardware and I could by the best pups in the world with the money left over and I dont know about the neck, it says the jem has a 3piece jem neck but the 1570 has a 3piece wizard neck. I doubt the neck is that much better.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
supposedly more attention to build quality and craftsmenship, better pups, gold hardware, Lo-Pro Edge trem, vine of life inlay, and probably higher quality cuts of wood. That and the fact it's a sig guitar. I know a couple really really good players that swear by them. Personally, I didn't feel or hear enough difference to justify the price on the one I played, but guys that have been playing a lot longer and are FAR better than I am say they can tell the difference.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
You're not actually paying for the guitar alone. You're paying for Steve Vai designing it and endorsing it. You're paying for it's endorsement, basically. It's what seperates the LP standard from the Jimmy Page model, other than a few scrapes and dings.
I've played both guitars and... IMO they didn't feel that much different. Sure, it looks much sweeter (the JEM) but playability was near the same.
ok thanks guys, lol the funny thing is I used to really like the look of the jem but now I actually like the green metallic finish on the 1570 better.
Quote by King ofKumbucha
well, I'd say a JEM is better than a 1570, but not enough better to justify the extra cost (it's something like 3 times as much, here). it's only really worth it if you need scallopping on the top 3 frets, and you need the lion claw for increased up-pull for the trem.

if you don't, you can, as you already said, get stuff like better pickups etc. with the money you saved...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ no shit sherlock, but the 7V is the best of them (arguably).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
J-customs and Jem777's>Rg1570>jem555

Though i dont think i could justify the cost of a jem and i'd probably get a j-custom if i had that much to spend.
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
^ ditto. though I'd probably go the whole hog and just get a total custom if I had that amount of money...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea, the JEM is $2500 CAD and an RG1570 is about $940
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ no shit sherlock, but the 7V is the best of them (arguably).

the threadstarter was making it sound like the jem was the 7v.
Id take the 1570 only b/c the jem neck is a fatter D shape for Steve not nearly as thin as the Wizard
oh is it? well theres another reason why it looks like the RG is for me, lol rhyming
Quote by King ofKumbucha
Steve Vai loves himself more than any other man I've ever seen. That's accurately reflected in the price of his signature guitar. In my opinion, don't buy it, unless you're a really big Steve Vai fan.

It's essentially just a metrosexual RG.
Main setup:

ESP Eclipse
PRS Torero SE
Mesa Boogie Dual Rectifier Roadster head, 2x12 cab
FX: Crybaby Slash Wah, Ibanez TS9x, Mesa Boogie Throttle Box, Boss TU-2, BF-3, DD-3, PS-6, RC-3, etc.
Quote by skybl4ck
the threadstarter was making it sound like the jem was the 7v.

good point.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
yea im not talking about the metal one, the white one, his main one
Quote by King ofKumbucha