i want to learn how to scream right can anyone tell me how i eventually want to be able to scream like the singer from cobhc and job for a cowboy
The two best metal vocalists (Randy Blythe of Lamb of God and Phil Anselmo from Pantera) have one thing in common:

Excessive beer drinking.
Quote by i_baked_cookies
The two best metal vocalists (Randy Blythe of Lamb of God and Phil Anselmo from Pantera) have one thing in common:

Excessive beer drinking.

1) I'm a huge Pantera fan, but...
2) You're a fucking idiot.
Quote by axe_grinder247
meatwad>chuck norris
Just give it a shot, you'll figure it out eventually. Growling takes a little technique but screaming is pretty straight-foward.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by dimension764
i want to learn how to scream right can anyone tell me how i eventually want to be able to scream like the singer from cobhc and job for a cowboy

You would be most suited in the Hardcore forum. Air chop your way there.
i pretty much got the same problem as you dimension. i cant seem to get a constant wave of sound while trying to scream unless it is a "whisper scream". if i go any louder, as if i were in normal talking volume, then it gets really really messy.
My Gear
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
Peavey Valveking 112
Line 6 über-Metal Pedal

Quote by pwrmax
All you care about is looks? No wonder you have it hard.

Quote by srvflood
You can't have sex with her personality.
Thats true^^ I think you should start at normal volume because the "whisper" is just you trying to impersenate at a low volume when you try to take it to the next level it goes all to hell.
Measuring a summers day....
one thing that ehlped me was quitting smoking, and just going out and just going out and screaming, just go all out
METAL
My friend can get pretty low, but he can't the raspiness of the scream yet. I can get low, too, but like some other guy said, it's a sorta whisper growl. It feels like I'm bypassing all but a couple of vocal chords (or something like that), but doing so deprives me of that hard edge. It's like a hard exhale with my jaw forward and a little bit of sound. I'd like to learn to to scream properly too so I can back my friend up in the band if needed (a-la Chimaira, Trivium, KSE).
the lack of real metal in here makes the little midgets cry.......
Gear

PRSCustom 24

Jackson DXMG w/ sh-13 dimebucker & sh12 jazz

Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier Solo head and matching 4x12 cab

Hendrix dunlop Wah

TS-7 tube screamer
Well, there's really no way of explaining it. To scream you pretty much well....scream.

:EDIT: I just re-read what I Baked Cookies said. Dude, you're a ****ing idiot. We'll just leave it at that.
Hmm what I do to growl is to get the sound from the diaphragm, instead of from your throat or the back of your mouth. I think that's what seperates hardcore screams from guttural vocals in metal.
well the guy from lamb of god altho it isnt technacally metal kicks ass at screaming but for metal i think the best would be that chick frrom arch enemy and alexi from c.o.b

i use to whisper but now that i sing along to lamb of god i can do it pretty well now

so practise makes perfect