Ok, these pickups are pretty bad. Which pickups will give me a versatile heavy sound for the bridge, middle single coil, and neck?

Are Dimarzio's the way to go? Are the EVOs kickass, or should I go with Satch's model?

For the single coil, should I go hum cancelling, or true single coil for a good clean tone?

I'm basically looking for a set that can go as heavy as I want, but have a good clean single coil too. PLEASE NO EMGS!!!

AND BY THE WAY......

1000TH POST!!!!!

PARTAY MUTHAFUCKUHS!!!

And oh yeah, what pickup will make me sound like Gary Moore with massive sustain?

Peace out my UG peeps.
Cool, I never heard of those.

I was thinking more along the lines of an EVO or super dist. in the bridge, and maybe a hum cancelling chopper pickup in the middle, and a satriani fred, or maybe another evo in the neck.
Hi dude, I've got a Dimarzio Breed in my Jackson PS4 bridge position and its very nice. I can get some sensational artificial harmonics from it. The good thing about the breed is it is less harsh than an EVO, ie not quite as hot.
well i love Vai's bridge tone alot. singing, sweet, full. i also love satriani's neck tone. so i'd go EVO in the bridge and a PAF Joe in the neck. as for the single, unless you want a humbucker sound there as well, i'd lok into the Virtual Vintage. isn't the Chopper a dual rail pickup?
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
^Really? I'd rather have Joe's bridge tone (satch boogie perhaps), and Vai's neck tone (For the love of god esque). Ya think the vintage type single coil will give better cleans than a dual rail?
well im saying for the single coil position, if your not going to use the dual rail to its full potential (use it in series, coil split, stuff like that) look for a noiseless "true" single coil.
Ovation Celebrity
MIJ STRAT
Ibanez Prestige S1220WNF
modded Ibanez GAX75
Fender tuner-DIGITECH EX-7-BOSS SD1-Ibanez CF7-Tech 21 TM 60
(LOOP)Boss DD20(Loop)
My soundclick page
Noiseless true singlecoil? Sounds like an oxymoron to me.

Quote by AngryGuitarist
Emgs Emgs Emgs!

Quote by mikeman
PLEASE NO EMGS!!!

Own3d!
Don't EVOs make your mistakes sound more so you have to play with excellent precision?
Quote by your_mom1992
Don't EVOs make your mistakes sound more so you have to play with excellent precision?

thats what it says on the dimarzio site. well this is true for pretty much all LOUD pick-ups. instead of getting new pick-ups, maybe the amp is the problem, traynors are not exactly build for metal, and you also said you don't want a distortion pedal. Seriously, I don't think you can really get a "metal" sound from a traynor, they're great for blues and cleans but not heavy stuff. if you haven't already, try the traynor out first, when you do, you'll know what I'm talking about.
malmsteen on jerry c "you are a rising force"
i think you should go with the Breed in the bridge, a fender noisless single in the middle, and a tone zone or PAF in the Neck.

plus if you want to check out amps, look into the Carvin leagacy or Peavey JSX,
it sound sliek your goin for a Metal/shred sound, and those might be a good start
R.I.P. Dime
"Forever Shred On"
I'd say bareknuckle Nailbomb, then again, I don't konw much about these things really, all i know is they are hand made in England
First of all: you can't get that massive Gary Moore sustain on that guitar. Gary mostly uses Les Pauls and they are the reason he has that sustain. Your guitar has a tremolo that kills sustain and a very thin body compared to Les Paul. It also doesn't have a maple top to give that ekstra sustain and tone. Second of all: You want a heavy tone you get EMGs, DiMarzio Tone Zone or Duncan SH14 in bridge.
CLICK ME!

Gibson Les Paul Classic '05
JEH Custom Superstrat '07
Rickenbacker 480 '73
Marshall 6100LM head '95
Engl E412SS 4*12" cab '02
Line6 DL-4 '07
Ibanez TS9 '08
Dunlop Crybaby from hell '07
Boss CE-2 '79
Quote by lil-matee
what is a solo?