I looking for an amp with good sound and stuff.. I sorta new to guitar, so I'm not very familiar with amps..
I wanna play mostly Alt. rock and Indie (Red jumpsuit,.. Taking back sunday, all american rejects) ..not very loud music like metal. I'm looking for around.. for at most 15watts preferably 10 maybe... because I don't plan on playing in a band.. just at home in the living room.. or my room =]
Thanks!

Oh about $170 or less ^_^
Last edited by MiNiDoggy at Aug 19, 2006,
Um is price an issue? If not I'd look at a small fender or Epi tube amp.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-Blues-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480512 Its a 15 watt fender tube

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Tube-Amplifier-Head?sku=482069 this and a decent speaker/cab would be a little loud but a killer combo
Founder of UG's David Bowie Fan Club. Pm to join.

Founder of UG's "Rockers against being freakishly skinny" Club. PM to join.
oooh thanks =]
but I kinda wanna spend about $170 or less cuz I have to save up some money..
I'll consider the epi one ^_^
My first practice amp was a 15 watt CRATE and since my twin also began guitar at the same time we also bought a cheap fender amp. The fender sucked in comparisonbecause it was fuzzy, had a terrible volume threshold, and lacked effects. I still use my little crate for practice today because it packs a punch for a 15 watt. They might not make the exact model anymore, but IMO any CRATE 150-200 $ should be a good deal for practice.

(edit) you get a good list of basic effects that might include 2 reverbs, 2 chorus, flange, 2 delays, and chorus/reverb, and mine was under $150 i think.
Gear:
Schecter Diamond Series Gryphon
PRS Tremonti SE - silver
Squier Telecaster - black
Line 6 Spyder II 75W
Crybaby 535Q WAH
Last edited by brosbm at Aug 19, 2006,
If you got the epi Im {pretty} sure you'd need a Cab or a small speaker aswell. *Checking*

This is the same thing with a small speaker: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Valve-Junior-Combo-Amp?sku=480260

And this is a Cabnet you could get if you wanted something a little bigger: http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Epiphone-Triggerman-Guitar-Speaker-Cabinet?sku=601611 (though its fucking loud. I guess you could keep it and use it if you ever anted to gig or be in a band.

just wondering.. what about the roland microcube?

thanks everyone for their comments =]
Never used one, but there said to be one of the best solicstate amps ever, atleast for the money. If i were you, I;d go with a tube though. IT's be just about as loud. (Normally a Tube is a 1 to 3 ratio for watts. So One tube watt is about as loud as three solid state, or more accurately you can hear it more. I don't get it either, but its true)

i hate to say this on this forum, but if you have nice headphones the toneport ux1 or ux2 are really good for practice. has alot of effects that you can play around with, lots of amp models that you will use for a long time (and you can buy additional model packs), and awesome recording capability. and trust me when i say it is much easier and better sounding to record through line6 products than micing most tube amps. if and when you join a band, you can also use it to record other instruments and vocals.
I can agree with you there, but as one who uses that aswell as an amp I can say that you cannot gig with it easly, and it is not every good for practice. I'd HAVE to say amp first, computer synth/amp second.

I play brit pop and I have Vox 15r pathfinder...I'm very pleased....U've got now some new Valvetronic or somethin from 15w with valve in preamp...i didn't try but everybody says it's sound OK....most importing thin in buying amp is to try as much as you can diffrent types with your own guitar(take guitar in the shop whit you
Quote by MiNiDoggy
just wondering.. what about the roland microcube?

thanks everyone for their comments =]

The microcube kicks ass. Thats what I practice with in my bedroom and it is plenty loud and lots of fun. IMO it is well worth $125. They say the Vox ad30vt sounds better for everything except metal but it is a larger amp and more $. I am sure tube amps sound better but lets face it, for low bedroom levels, solid state modeling amps w/effects built in, like either of those two, are more versatile and sound good.
The marshall MG15CDR is an alright practice amp I know people don't seem to like MGs here but this one seems to have a better name than the rest of the MG series.
When i started playing i began with a peavey rage158. pretty good amp, cheap price.