Ok so this is a pretty pointless thread but I was trying to name off all of the high end bass manufacturers and here is my list...

Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker, Warwick, Ibenez, Washburn, Steinberger (yes Gibson ownes them but they are still high end), Musicman, and BC Rich (however you spell it... not really a big fan)

Am I missing any
Co-Founder of The Geddy Lee Fanclub
PM me or timmEH to join

#1 Rush / Yes fan of The Bass Militia
PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
im pretty certain bc rich doesnt make anything "high end" haha
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Ibanez SZ, RG w/ Dimarzio Super Distortion and PAF Pro
Marshall JCM2000 head 1960 Cab
and many pedals...

www.adamcutrone.com
^i make art
modulus, spector, alembic, fodera, lakland, carvin has high end stuff, prs (altho theyre not known for basses) those are only ones i can think of off the top of my head.

EDIT-and Dingwall (the crazy fanned fret ones) F bass, and tobias (also gibson owned)
Last edited by mcappleboy at Aug 19, 2006,
Quote by RIC4003
Ok so this is a pretty pointless thread but I was trying to name off all of the high end bass manufacturers and here is my list...

Fender, Gibson, Rickenbacker, Warwick, Ibenez, Washburn, Steinberger (yes Gibson ownes them but they are still high end), Musicman, and BC Rich (however you spell it... not really a big fan)

Am I missing any

Some of those companies have low-end/middle-range basses, such as Fender, Warwick, Ibanez, Washburn and especially BC Rich.

Alembic, Godlyke, Maverick, Spector, Tobias
Sadowsky and G&L
Gear

Fender Geddy Lee Jazz
Fender MIA Precision
Musicman Bongo
Boss TU-2
EBS TD650
EBS ProLine 2x10 x 2
Last edited by Forcemaster at Aug 19, 2006,
JP (sadly, that company is now deceased), Ken Lawrence, MTD, Wal, PRS, Warrior, Benevente, U.S. Masters, Low End, and Conklin.
bc rich does not make high end basses or guitars there all bad if u ask me.

i think uve named all the good brands i could think of
Quote by Bumper
Conklin.

i recomend conklin
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Yeah I just threw in BC Rich as a kicker...
PM me or timmEH to join

PM Dinky to join

Founder of The Ernie Ball MusicMan owners club and proud owner of a Black Sapphire Bongo 4 HHp
PM me to join
Quote by Bumper
JP (sadly, that company is now deceased), Ken Lawrence, MTD, Wal, PRS, Warrior, Benevente, U.S. Masters, Low End, and Conklin.

PRS makes pretty crappy basses. And Wal is impossible to find, lol
haha
Wal and Carl Thompson are both custom bass makers so you have to dish out a whole load of cash if you want one (I would choose Wal Go British basses! FTW!!!)
PM me or timmEH to join

PM Dinky to join

PM me to join
Quote by Charlatan_001
Some of those companies have low-end/middle-range basses, such as Fender, Warwick, Ibanez, Washburn and especially BC Rich.

I wouldn't consider Warwick a low-end. I mean they are not custom quality, but easily one of the best of the well known manufacturers.
Agreed ^ Warwick basses are most definatley high-end none of their basses are under $1000 american
PM me or timmEH to join

PM Dinky to join

PM me to join
Squier.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Quote by Charlatan_001

Alembic, Godlyke, Maverick, Spector, Tobias

Fender basses can go upto $4999 usd!
YAMAHA make very professional basses.

just thought id say since i didnt see anyone else say it
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
Quote by imcrazy814
I wouldn't consider Warwick a low-end. I mean they are not custom quality, but easily one of the best of the well known manufacturers.

Quote by gibsonbrothers
Fender basses can go upto $4999 usd!

Okay let me clarify: Fenders and Warwicks also make lower/middle-range instruments that sell for cheaper than their more expensive things.

Yes, there are some Fenders that are really expensive, but generally they're pretty middle-ranged.

Warwicks are not low end at all, but their RockBass series are pretty middle range.
Quote by RIC4003
Agreed ^ Warwick basses are most definatley high-end none of their basses are under $1000 american

Um... I've played 4 or 5 Warwicks that were 800-900 dollars.
haha
You're all forgetting Shuker
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
Dean's high-end stuff is alright, but the actual ESP american company makes good high-end bass', they're korean made LTD's aren't what i would consider high-end though
I would consider Schecter to have some high-end basses, regarless of price (namely Stiletto Elite and Studio), but these are of course the words of a hopeless fanboy.
Now introducing: thefitz: thegame. It's what all the cool kids are playing!

For rules and details please see thefitz's signature. Fett13 Inc. is not responsible for any injuries or loss of life resulting from thefitz: thegame
©2008 Fett13 Inc.