So I was listening to the radio, and I guess they have a time where they play punk. Like the Dead Boys and Circle Jerks.

This station is usually ****ty and they play new indie music, but now they are playing good stuff at times.

I think it's kinda cool they are playing this stuff, what do you all think?
I wish there was a radio station around here that didn't play all nu-metal and alternative.
What station exactly are you talking about?
YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE FROM THE DOOM DOOM DOOM

My Equipment:
Schecter Omen FR
Fender Frontman 25
Digitech Distortion Factory
94.7 will play some punk but most of their play list is weak, soft alt rock. On particular days you can request punk songs on 101.1 at lunch time, Wed or Thurs. The stations here are all driven by $$$. I switched from free radio to Sirius and haven't looked back.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I think it's good that punk is on the radio. Is there anyone who has a punk radio station? I don't think i've ever heard one.
brnh.bandcamp.com
I wish there was an all-punk station in Chicago, but I did find a couple programs where they play punk and other assorted good stuff, but of course they're really late-night.

10:00 PM-
12:00 AM- Reality Radio
the very best in trashy rock'n'roll, primitive garage, punk, new wave/proto punk, and all related sub-genres.

9:00 PM-
10:00 PM- Everything Off Beat
The world's premier ska-oriented show, drawing from all three waves of ska (with an extensive collection of original Jamacian vinyl) and adding dashes of soul, mod, rockabilly, power pop, and punk. Hosted by Chuck Wren.

11:00 PM-
2:00 AM- Underground Communiqué
The best in punk and hardcore, with frequent live performances, hosted by Chris Siuty.

6:30 PM-
11:00 PM- Reggae Vibes
Reggae music, roots, lovers, and dancehall from cultures around the world.
I was actually a DJ on a punk show at my local station but there other DJ's on it and it turned emo
brnh.bandcamp.com
There's a university radio station here, and they play punk sometimes, among alot of underground stuff of every genre imaginable. They play alot of really good hip hop.
Quote by I_Pwn
I was actually a DJ on a punk show at my local station but there other DJ's on it and it turned emo

Ah, the Blacklist, twas sad indeed...
Quote by sargasm
There's a university radio station here, and they play punk sometimes, among alot of underground stuff of every genre imaginable. They play alot of really good hip hop.

i have one just like that its cool.
Every once in awhile during lunch break the ' world famous ' KROQ here in Southern California will play some punk. I've listened in on some Black Flag, Circle Jerks, Casualties even and Rancid to my memory. I've also heard real early Goldfinger ska stuff too.

But some xm and Sirius stations will play some punk.

Jones from the Sex Pistols hosts a show on one of the stations out here. And also Dickey from the Bosstones.
The one with Jones and Dickey? Rob Zombie hosts a metal show on that station too. I believe Jones hosts a punk show and Dickey hosts like a hardcore show. Thats just off the top of my head though.

That station off the top of my head too would be Indie 103.1
I think ...
this reminds me...

so i was in a chorus a last year and the piano guy was a total asshole named michael. and since he was annoying and an ass and didn't take us seriously or treat us like human beings, we always screwed around and made him really angry (which of course made him worse).

so, fast forward a year when its my flute recital. i have a short five minute rehearsal before the show, so i go into the room and sure enough the backup-pianist person is michael.

im like, oh ****. michael.

he doesn't recognize me or pretends not to and so i play nice. and he is totally nice and stuff. and then my teacher is like, hey your wearing your flogging molly pin (my flute teacher is an ex punk) and then she like, there this band thats irish folk punk and... and hes like, "i know! i used to have a punk radio station in college, remember?"

and i was like, damn.
Ive heard the Ramones on the radio twice and the Clash once and thats it.
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
One time my 'rents were listening to Classic Rock radio and I heard "Walk on the Wild Side." That surprised me because that song ain't exactly PC, but I was thrilled.
There's a college radio station where I'm from that plays Ska on one day and punk on another. Bands like the Specials, Slackers, English Beat, Black Flag, Circle Jerks, the Queers, etc.
WFMU and KBOO frequently have punk bands on their shows and have lots of punk shows on the radio, aslo the MRR website has links to good punk rock radio shows and they have one of their own.

We don't have punk rock radio in alabama...

just Lynr'd Skynr'd
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
yeh theres a college radio station in pittsburgh that would play punk if you requested it, but usually noone does and i dont feel like requesting punk music and waiting for them to play it and probly be dissappointed. but id definately switch to Sirius. Marky Ramones Punk Rock Blitzkrieg is probly the coolest thing since munging.
Quote by the glue man
^They don't count. 9 year old girls wear their shirts. Yet I still love those bands.

So punk should be limited to teenage boys?
"Imagine all the people, sharing all the world"
-John Lennon
Quote by Punk Rocker
So punk should be limited to teenage boys?

oh no, don't start another one of these fights. please.
heres how it goes: the nine year old girls waer the shirts. then when you ask them about the ramones, they reply with "yeah, i like that song called 'hey, ho, lets go!' but thats the only song i know" then you either

a: die a little inside

or

b: feel that suicide doesnt sound bad after all
Quote by whyvern
WFMU and KBOO frequently have punk bands on their shows and have lots of punk shows on the radio, aslo the MRR website has links to good punk rock radio shows and they have one of their own.

We don't have punk rock radio in alabama...

just Lynr'd Skynr'd

The Ergs have a sick set from WFMU on their website.

There's a college station around here that has a punk show once a week. Other than that, I don't really know of any punk on the radio, barring of course the Ramones and the Clash.
Quote by gdawg3001
heres how it goes: the nine year old girls waer the shirts. then when you ask them about the ramones, they reply with "yeah, i like that song called 'hey, ho, lets go!' but thats the only song i know" then you either

a: die a little inside

or

b: feel that suicide doesnt sound bad after all

Or

C: Try not to care what nine year old girls listen to.
KOOP Radio in Austin plays punk stuff, especially the "Stronger Than Dirt" show, which plays garage punk.

All the other radio stations play dinosaur rock and Texas blues ala Stevie Ray Vaughn.

In the 80s, the only stations that played any punk music on the East Coast, were college radio stations.
I used to look forward to when whoever was DJing graduated, because on the last night of their show, they would play all the stuff that they weren't allowed to like TSOL's "Code Blue".

I always pictured some yuppie scumbag hearing the lyrics "I wanna f*ck the dead" blaring on his radio and wrecking his Beamer.
Good times.
Why does everyone like SRV? It is uber irritating.

I only ever catch the Clash, Ramones and very rarely Rancid on the radio.
when i lived in toronto,there was a station that had ''the punk show'' every week. all they played was a different mix of the casualties, mxpx and against me every single week. its a good thing that i stopped listening to the radio when i was 13.
That's awesome. Being I live in the 'burbs of NY, we don't have an eclectic selection of radio stations. I pretty much just listen to radio stations online.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
I've been busy getting drunk and yelling at endangered species for being pussies. It's a dehydrating job but someone has to do it.
Quote by indestructible8
yeh theres a college radio station in pittsburgh that would play punk if you requested it, but usually noone does and i dont feel like requesting punk music and waiting for them to play it and probly be dissappointed. but id definately switch to Sirius. Marky Ramones Punk Rock Blitzkrieg is probly the coolest thing since munging.

Got Sirius and have to agree...Markys' show Tuesdays from 8-10 is probably the best radio out there. I usually listen on Tuesdays and then the replay on Saturday from 10-midnight. There is actually alot of really good music on Sirius.