Ok, so my birthday is coming up, and I'm a beginner guitarist, and right now I have an Epiphone SG left handed (since I'm left handed and all) and a few hours ago I was looking on ebay just to see what all leftys they have and I stumbled upon an awesome guitar, the Ibanez RG370DX (and yes it was left handed.) So I was wondering should i get it, or Di Marzio Evo and Evo 2 pickups. Which would have a better effect on my playing?
Quote by darkfir3
Ok, so my birthday is coming up, and I'm a beginner guitarist, and right now I have an Epiphone SG left handed (since I'm left handed and all) and a few hours ago I was looking on ebay just to see what all leftys they have and I stumbled upon an awesome guitar, the Ibanez RG370DX (and yes it was left handed.) So I was wondering should i get it, or Di Marzio Evo and Evo 2 pickups. Which would have a better effect on my playing?

the RG370DX is not awesome, i had it. it was a decent beginner/intermediate guitar while it lasted but then the bridge sh*tted out on me after 2 years and it is now unusable and cant be repaired.
THE GODS MADE HEAVY METAL
Just curious, but what's ur b-day? Mines the 25th of this month.
Member of the 'Guitarists Born In 1991' Club. PM Greendayguitar, gdm09 or blues_rocker to join.

-Gibson LP Classic
-Fender American Standard Strat
-Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
-Peavey XXX w/Marshall Cab
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what amp do you use? what music do you play? otherwise i would say new pickups for sure

Right now, I plug straight into my digitech multi effects pedal, and play through it, I play Metal, but I'm working up to play shred... The reason I'm considering the new guitar (Im leaning more on the guitar then the pickups) Is because i hate the action that my guitar gives me... It just doesnt feel smooth enough for me.... As Ive played the Ibanez I want, and i like it. Alot!
and its the best left handed guitar ive seen for the price. all the others are either downgrades from my guitar or they cost $600-$1500. and the rg series is supposed to be ibanez's top series....i dunno though...plus it looks pretty cool....its everything ive been looking for lol... and eventually id be able to put Dimarzios on it or whatever pickup i wanted.....this is just for my birthday, and by the way is the behringer vintager gm110 combo amp any good for a practice amp?
Last edited by darkfir3 at Aug 21, 2006,
the RG series meh but the RG Prestige then yes. practice amp yes but not the best sounding at all
i would get a new amp tbh, because unless you have an all tube amp, changing the pickups wont be as pleasing and dramatic (as in effect on sound) with a cheap Solid state. And the sme with a new guitar, it should always be amp first.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
id say find a guitar your truley comfy with then sort out your tone with new amp pups etc, it wont matter how awesome your tone is if your guitar isnt comfortable to play
hmm instead of the ibanez im thinking on schecter, a seven string left handed omen....its a beauty lol...its the first seven string lefty ive ever seen
Older ibanez RGs are excellent. On par or better than prestige

Ibanez RG 5xx and up

Lots on ebay
RIG
Jackson SL3 Soloist
89' Ibanez RG570
Vader 4x12 Cabinet
Line 6 HD147 Head
6space HEAD/RACK case
Korg DTR1000 Rack Tuner
Furman Power Conditioner
ISP Decimator
Quote by darkfir3
hmm instead of the ibanez im thinking on schecter, a seven string left handed omen....its a beauty lol...its the first seven string lefty ive ever seen

do you know how to use seven string? have you played a seven string yet?