A pop-ish song I wrote for my girlfriend but mostly to try out the vocal tuning program I got. I'm no singer so it helps me to sing in tune with the downside of sounding VERY digital, but I'd happily trade it for being able to sing in key .

And of course just leave a link to your thread and I'll crit right back.

http://one.xthost.info/chrisgordon/How%20Beautiful%20The%20World%20Can%20Be.mp3
Last edited by pepajaktbs2 at Aug 19, 2006,
Very nice. though yes the voice sounds very digital
the keyboard line is excellent. it melts with the song in a very good way.
Also the chords are good.
You should find another software to procces your voice though i dont think that your voice in this song will matter your girlfriend.
Very nice song. 8/10

C4C: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=416753
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||
||||||||||||||||||||

Good production here. The acoustic with the keys sound nice. Yeah, the voice sounds weird with the auto-tune. Seriously, learn to sing properly so you don't have to cheat. All in all, this is very well written song, but the weird vox kinda take the shine away.

Crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=408975
I like how the effect sounds. This song is great. Your tone of voice is nice. Its pretty good quality as well. I know that a vocal corrector effects pitch, but the few times Ive seen one in use, it doesnt help clarity, or waviness. And youve got to be pretty close to the note for it to correct it to the proper note. I think you could overcome the pitch problems. Great job.
do mine?
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417270
About using a vocal corrector as a form of cheating, I see why you would say that, but I didn't want to have to use my bands singer for a song this personal. I think of the vocal corrector as a way of helping me get my song across, while sounding good and still being personal to my girlfriend. I'm not expecting to trick people into thinking that I'm good singer, because the real craft here is the songwriting.

And thanks for all the crits guys, I'm gonna do your's right now!
Regardless of the corrector, I think what some of us are trying to say is that you already do have the vocal talent. All you need is a little direction.

Trust me, you could really light it up with your voice if you trained it. Guitar comes first...that's a given....but you seriously do have a good singing voice.
Quote by MedicTJ
Regardless of the corrector, I think what some of us are trying to say is that you already do have the vocal talent. All you need is a little direction.

Trust me, you could really light it up with your voice if you trained it. Guitar comes first...that's a given....but you seriously do have a good singing voice.

Wow, thanks a lot man, I was going to rerecord a few parts that I think I messed up on a bit, so I'll try removing the effect and see how it sounds (or turning the effect down so that it doesn't sound digital but still helps the pitch a little bit).

But yeah, nobody's ever told that to me, thanks.
As mentioned, the production is very good and the keyboard effects keep it interesting. The song structure is fine and it's rather balanced. Although, when you start the break at around 1:55 and 3:13, I'd change things up to make it less repetitive. I'm not asking you to put a guitar solo in or whatever. Just a little diversity to mix it up. Like a cowbell or something.

From what I could tell, your voice is fine. Some vocal tuning is probably needed, but I bet you could pull it off. In the end, as long as the main vocals are natural, the vocal program could probably be thrown in for some minimal texture.

Good song.

Have a listen to mine, will ya?

http://ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417327
Last edited by Acoustic#3 at Aug 19, 2006,
Rythm seems to waver a bit a few times, keys sound great with the acoustic, just...a sorta cheesy sound. lol, I never knew what kind of effect on the vocals that was, cause I've heard it before. It doesn't sound bad, just, out of touch with the rest of the song. Yeah, very pop styled, which is def not my style. Be a bit more creative with the lyrics of the song, representing your meanings more poetically can really add to a song and make it unique. I mean, yeah it's for your girlfriend, and sometimes (no direct insult whatsoever, just a general observation I've made of the few girls I've made songs for) girls may not understand something highly poetic, but it would have been more refreshing. And I just thought of what the keyboards reminded me of, and they being most christian songs I've heard, which were all horrible. But I'm not sure. You're voice did sound rather good though, maybe recut it with your natural voice? Overall, very decent, not my style at all though.
Quote by Yespleasevicar
NevermorePsalm thank you for showing me how clever and witty one person can be in just a few sentances. My God i wanna be like u so much! In fact we all do. Well done

Steven Wilson and Mikael Akerfeldt own my soul.
OK this is a great song - really well put together, but you gotta get rid of that auto-tune man. It sounds like Cher ffs...and I bet you can sing great, you just need to grow some bigger balls man and put your voice out there!!! The more you do it, and the less you resorst to auto tune, the better you will get.

I'd rather hear you sing this beautiful, emotive song, a tiny bit flat here and there, than listen to the Cher vs Marvin the paranoid android remix.

Lets hear your voice man!!! Awesome track.
Top 5:
1) Only The Cool Climb - Tj1
2) My Favorite Dress - ~King_Of_Foolz~
3) She Once Was My Playmate - Tj1
4) Lovers Lullaby - KOF
5) Cold Dark Room - Ditda
auto tune shows how easy it can be to make something that's instantly radio ready. hehe.

i'm only criticising your use of it because it detracts from the song in certain parts with the 'cher' effect. if you slowed down the bend it might help a bit.. however if you are going for production i would have just kept re-recording parts until i ALMOST hit them (if you can't get them perfect) and then apply your auto tune.

but on the crafting, 9/10. someone will be getting lucky tonight
it sounds really poppy, and thats what you were looking for, so you definitely got that down
your voice sounds pretty good, i'd like to hear it without the autotune though, it takes away from it in my opinion
i really like the synthy sounds that you have going from about the middle of the song
so maybe it sounds like something on top 40 radio, but its a very well put together song, great arranging, and catchy too

crit mine? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=418295/
Last edited by Cedarock at Aug 20, 2006,
i was looking for some "beautiful" songs and i came upon this one, i dont wanna bump this but dude you stole this from kyle grover!!!!!!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289286&highlight=floral+skyscrapers
My Gear:
Fender American Deluxe Stratocaster
Epiphone Sheraton II
Fender Blues Deluxe Reissue
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
i was looking for some "beautiful" songs and i came upon this one, i dont wanna bump this but dude you stole this from kyle grover!!!!!!

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=289286&highlight=floral+skyscrapers

wow
i really hope thats the same guy or else this guyjust lost all respect from anyone here.
Quote by master
Yep. It was my birthday and I was wanking in my room and all of a sudden my whole family came jumping in yelling "SURPRISE!!" I guess they were the ones who ended up being surprised.

Lets see what he has to say for himself in Forum of the Banned.

Good catch lEcheloNl.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
What the hell? You thieving bastard.
<Dobzilla> because "when you were born, they thought yo' momma shit herself."
<Frehnchy> ...
<esther_mouse> ...
<Rankles> ...
<RaNdOm-FeLiX> ...
<Dobzilla>
Quote by pepajaktbs2
I'm not expecting to trick people into thinking that I'm good singer, because the real craft here is the songwriting.

My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by That_Pink_Queen

Lets see what he has to say for himself in Forum of the Banned.

Good catch lEcheloNl.

thanks

WlCmToTheJungle actually found it out tho.
Quote by master
Yep. It was my birthday and I was wanking in my room and all of a sudden my whole family came jumping in yelling "SURPRISE!!" I guess they were the ones who ended up being surprised.
i actually liked it too
My Gear:
Epiphone Sheraton II
Teese RMC Picture Wah
MXR Carbon Copy
Keeley Modded TS9
Korg Pitchblack
Schecter Omen 6
Dean Performer Acoustic

Quote by WlCmToTheJungle
i actually liked it too

yea heh

props to grover then.
Quote by master
It does sound pretty good.

And this guy did do a good job of playing it and stuff...shame it was ripped.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.