Page 1 of 2
Any of you fellas got it yet? I'm ordering it soon. Should be stunning.
Deadly badgers made my weed
Yes, I ordered it when it came out, should be arriving any time now.
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Remember: A prudent question is one half of wisdom.

Click.
And here's the link, for you lazy buggers... Only available through Paypal atm, which kicks ass as a payment method, and I'm sure the younger ones on here can ask mommy to use her credit card

Shipping is included in price, by the way.

www.cornfordrecords.com
He who joyfully marches to music in rank and file has already earned my contempt.
He has been given a large brain by mistake, since for him the spinal cord would fully suffice.

Click.
He's awesome aint he, he did a few seminars at the guitar institute
Yup, I should be ordering me a copy of that in the next couple of days From what I've heard of it its ace.
this guy is awesome
def. gonna have to get it
Quote by apocalypse13

Quote by Beckerism
I ain't ghetto foo! I's just keeping it real!

Keep it real man.
Click.
Why is everybody releasesing their albums at the same time?!
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

I'm not complaining
Please vote for my band in a demo competition by clicking
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
Quote by Scorzerci
I'm not complaining

Yeah cause you can afford all of them.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Yup.
here, pressing the button that says "Gi din stemme" and then connecting to facebook! Thanks a lot!
To be honest, it's bull**** you can't afford one more album... Set your priorities straight ffs.

When will people realise they're sabotaging the state of music and their own future if they are planning on continueing in music. People love to talk about how they support artists and they're so looking forward to release x and y and blah blah blah, but when the time comes to pay up, it's quiet in payville. Not just ment at you, Moose, just people in general.

Think, and order the damn album!

Click.
Funny, coming from the guy that just uploaded 4 cd's on SU J/K.
Yeah I agree that you should buy the cd's (especially just when they're being released).
Quote by Scorzerci
Funny, coming from the guy that just uploaded 4 cd's on SU J/K.
Yeah I agree that you should buy the cd's (especially just when they're being released).

Well I wouldn't expect you to buy something you don't know about... Unless ofcourse you were already familiar with them

I expect you to buy them if you like them, let that be absolutely clear. If not, you can ****off without any respect from me whatsoever for all eternity.

Click.
True.
Albertsons isn't the palce to work at if you want too buy equipment, and albums. D: I've already ordered Martys, and Gilberts. And I knew that Guthrie was gonna be coming out with one soon. But not this soon.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Quote by Godly Moose
Albertsons isn't the palce to work at if you want too buy equipment, and albums. D: I've already ordered Martys, and Gilberts. And I knew that Guthrie was gonna be coming out with one soon. But not this soon.

Well, just buy it in the future then

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
Well, just buy it in the future then

I'm gonna probably order it with in the next 2-3 weeks hopefuly.
But did any of the songs get leaked or something? Because two of the songs from the album I already have. My friend burnt me a fusion album with various people on it like a pretty long while ago(Before I got into Jazz/Fusion), and it had Waves, and Rhode Island Shred on it. I've also listened to all the samples for the album(Videos too), and so far my favorite has been, "Eric."
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Last edited by Godly Moose at Aug 20, 2006,
I don't have the opportunity to buy it, but I have to say that Rhode Island Shred is pretty damn awesome
Quote by SleepTalkinMan
"Ooh! Straight-jackets online! Christmas sorted."
Quote by Godly Moose
I'm gonna probably order it with in the next 2-3 weeks hopefuly.
But did any of the songs get leaked or something? Because two of the songs from the album I already have. My friend burnt me a fusion album with various people on it like a pretty long while ago(Before I got into Jazz/Fusion), and it had Waves, and Rhode Island Shred on it. I've also listened to all the samples for the album(Videos too), and so far my favorite has been, "Eric."

Prototypes and live versions of the songs have been around for ages. The album versions aren't the same though.

Click.
My parents don't let me buy things over the internet
I may try and see if I can though if people really think it's that good.
I have nothing to put in here.
I buy almost all my shred cd's off the internet...
On the topic of downloading, I have no problem buying all the new cd's that come out, my problem is catching up with like 20 years of shred cd's...
Do you guys think that this album will ever be released at other places than cornfordrecords.com?
Quote by Scorzerci
Do you guys think that this album will ever be released at other places than cornfordrecords.com?

Ofcourse it will. Distribution deals take a while dude.

Click.
Quote by Resiliance
To be honest, it's bull**** you can't afford one more album... Set your priorities straight ffs.

When will people realise they're sabotaging the state of music and their own future if they are planning on continueing in music. People love to talk about how they support artists and they're so looking forward to release x and y and blah blah blah, but when the time comes to pay up, it's quiet in payville. Not just ment at you, Moose, just people in general.

Think, and order the damn album!

dickwad.. dont u dare tell people what to do u arrogant bellend , there money there choice . shut the **** up.
Quote by codybcool
Stagg's are the kind of brand that you see selling on eBay from a 0 feedback Chinese man for 99p and no one buys them.
Yes, typing a sentence, and starting off that sentence with, "dickwad" to a mod who was only giving advice is definatley a good idea. Also the time you spent typing that sentence you could have learned some grammar. Pity.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Ahh, the wonders of inbreeding.

Click.
So when are people getting this album? I wanna hear what it's like.
Quote by Righteous
So when are people getting this album? I wanna hear what it's like.

I know like 80% of everybody on the Guthrie forum already have the CD.(Or so it seems) They've all been giving it raving reviews. Well... they are apart of the site so you would think they would. But anyways all I've heard of the album from other people has been all positive so far.
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Just got mine this morning, I assume everybody else will aswell seem as I E-mailed Cornford yesterday to find out when I would get my album and they said they should all be delivered by today . I've had a few listens through, I think "Waves" is the track that struck me most on first listen, although I'm sure it would have been "Wonderful Slippery Thing" had I not played it to death from previous recordings. But I'm really enjoying the whole thing to be honest, I didn't feel inclined in anyway to move onto the next track at any point through the album; that can only be a good sign!
Last edited by shok_411 at Aug 26, 2006,
08-22-2006, 09:21 PM three posts above me
Today, 08:22 AM

weird how the numbers are the same, i've never herad of this guy....
Quote by Freepower

B) Think. This may be hard if you havent done it before, so start slow and with a metronome.

Quote by Punk Poser
What's in my wallet:
Broken Dreams, crushed oppurtinitues, and an old condom.

Quote by PooKoo
well, we are pricks, but were arrogant, not ignorant.
Quote by Midnight 260
08-22-2006, 09:21 PM three posts above me
Today, 08:22 AM

weird how the numbers are the same, i've never herad of this guy....

Bu....wha.....You cant......its just not....po.......

!!!
'At its best, it represents total freedom of musical expression, unfettered by technical limitations.'-Guthrie Govan on shredding
Quote by paddyo
Bu....wha.....You cant......its just not....po.......

!!!

It's not like he's that well known... at all. I've only listened to one song of his myself.
Quote by Righteous
It's not like he's that well known... at all. I've only listened to one song of his myself.

Yeah, most of his solo stuff before now has been on obscure albums; even this album is only being sold through Cornford Records at the moment:

http://www.cornfordrecords.com/ - For Midnight 260 who was interested in finding out more.

He has also played with the Prog Rock band Asia, written a couple of Books: Creative Guitar Vol.1 and Vol.2 and writes for the Guitar Techniques Magazine.
It has arrived \o/

And it kicks ass.

Click.
its been a long wait!!! i love guthries music!
ah, must get a copy asap!!!
cheers for the heads up
Everybodies favorite song so far?
              ┌────────────┐
            |  Jet fuel     |
            |  Can't melt    |
            |  Steel Beams  |
            └─────┰──────┘

Page 1 of 2