He want to get the greek flag on his guitar. I told him it doesn't change his sound but for him, it adds "character". I dunno. I think it's a bad idea to get a new paint job. Anyways...

How much would this cost him? (estimate CDN $)

Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
Depends, if he wanna do it just by his own, the the price are some spray cans, masking tapes and papers. But if he wanna do it custom made by artist/painter, then you should probably contact the shop that's willing to do it. Also depends on the size of that flag, bigger = $$$, dont get me wrong, shops can also charge you more for smaller, coz the details are harder to paint if they're smaller.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
He'll probly get a shop to do it for him and have the flag fairly big.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Marshall Mg15
Hell, tell him his playing style will add more character to himself as a musician than a flag. Do you think people would say that the guitarist from Fall Out Boy is better than Joe Satriani becuase he has "character" by wearing girl clothes when he plays? I think not...

Howabout he learns what scales Greek music (unless he doesn't like Greek music) uses to add "character" to his playing.
Acutally character of things around me help me play better or worse. If I have a cool looking guitar (which is good to play) and a cool looking room it puts me in the mood therefore I play better. The room I play in sucks I mite change it around to get me into that mood. But its true a picture isn't going to make your playing better.
Quote by SkinnyWhiteBoy
Hell, tell him his playing style will add more character to himself as a musician than a flag. Do you think people would say that the guitarist from Fall Out Boy is better than Joe Satriani becuase he has "character" by wearing girl clothes when he plays? I think not...

Howabout he learns what scales Greek music (unless he doesn't like Greek music) uses to add "character" to his playing.

Thanks man! I don't want him to get a paint job just yet.

He's into greek music but I'll tell him sound adds more character for less cash.

(I doubt he'll even listen)
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Marshall Mg15
So what happens when he moves on, not liking greek music anymore and plan to like death metal or something else? he starts painting satan on the guitar?

I'd strongly suggest your friend to get stickers or decals, its much easier to apply and to remove, just use lighter fluid, but if the guitar has bright color, then he's gonna have skidmarks. With technology nowadays you'd probably get a 100% match for it to be looking like a paintjob.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic