Greetings. I currently have an Ibanez RGT42 DX guitar and Marshall TSL601 amp. My guitar is equipped with ibanez INF1 and INF2 pickups which arn't very good. Therefor i'm looking for new pickups. I'm still looking for teh style, im really into, but at the moment, i'm learning all the techniques. At the moment i play jimi Hendrix (i have humbuckers, i know), Metallica, Iron Maiden, ZZtop, RHCP and black sabbath and deep purple. Therefor i need something more metal type pickups, but something quite versatile, because i want to play some clean parts too. DO you have any recommendations for me?
Well, money is really not a problem, i quess somewhere about 350-380 $. I'm located in Europe, in Estonia. The problem here is that, we don't have a wide selection at the music instrument stores, but we have a service from where we can order almost everything regarding instruments. From tone knobs to pianos.
Quote by azn_guitarist25
http://www.swinesheadpickups.co.uk/ warthog in the bridge, and condor in the neck imo

Good choice, although I havent installed mine yet
Ibanez S470 (Condor/Pyro/Warthog)
Rockafeller Custom
Laney Lionheart L20H
Framus FR212CB
Morley Bad Horsie 2
Boss DS-1 (Monte Allum Mod)
Boss DD-6
Electro-Harmonix Small Clone
Dunlop/MXR Phase 90 (Full Script mod)
Voodoo Lab Pedal Power 2+
So, those pickups are a perfect match for my needs, right?
Will the EMG 81/85 make the clean sounds kind of muddy or not that good?
BTW, is ibanez INF1 and 2 50 or 52mm wide. If i have tremolo, then it should be 52 mm, right?
So, are the warthog and condor the way to go, or would the DiMarzio Evolution be better?