Hi, I've been playing with my starter pack guitar for a few years and I want to upgrade now. Up until now I havn't had a job but now I do (I'm 15 by the way) I really want to upgrade.
My influences for guitar are: Led Zeppelin, Metallica and RHCP if that helps in anyone of picking a guitar.
I want to keep my budget to about £500 max, I won't put that in dollars because of costs of guitars and so forth in America is considerably different.
I'd like something with a nice low action, a bit bluesy and good for playing the style of music above.
Sorry if I come across completley confused and very nooby but I was hoping you could help.
Thanks in advance
Last edited by Fegan at Aug 19, 2006,
Quote by azn_guitarist25
what amp do you use?

Marshall MG15 CDR. I'm thinking of upgrading to a Marshall 30 after Christmas though.
im guessing he has the amp from his started pack which cant be that amazing though i could easily be wrong, you oculd probo get a maybe a fat strat might be able to get a MIJ one, that will be able to do the led zepp and rhcp well, not sure bout metallica i dont play any, but if you've got the starter amp might want to think about a new amp as well

EDIT: post bout his amp werent up when i wrote this lol but still
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
scrap that mate i seriously wouldnt bother with a mg amp at all look at the roland cube series
i have same influnces as u i use b.c rich mockingbird and am gunna get a jackson kelly
Quote by azn_guitarist25
scrap that mate i seriously wouldnt bother with a mg amp at all look at the roland cube series

I saw that Roland Cube 30 watt amp, it looks cool
If this helps, I was considering a standard Fender Telecaster. Any thoughts?
Quote by mcokingburd
u play rythum or lead

A little of both actually.
I also prefer to play without the amp a lot of the time, so I was considering something like an Epiphone Dot...
i like the exact same kind of bands as you do but i had a tighter budget i was recommend by nearly everyone to get the ibanez RG321MH you can get it for £179 of www.gak.co.uk and ive been told its the best you canget for under £200 and should be worth alot more but if youve got a big budget like that i would recommend this guitar and get a good amp with the remaining 300 as this guitar has a low action and evrything you need and i find it can handle RHCP so you should get a real good amp to give u a sweet tone
Quote by ch715dallat
i like the exact same kind of bands as you do but i had a tighter budget i was recommend by nearly everyone to get the ibanez RG321MH you can get it for £179 of www.gak.co.uk and ive been told its the best you canget for under £200 and should be worth alot more but if youve got a big budget like that i would recommend this guitar and get a good amp with the remaining 300 as this guitar has a low action and evrything you need and i find it can handle RHCP so you should get a real good amp to give u a sweet tone

I don't have like £500 on me, I like to work towards a target though. I've learnt the value of money quite young but this time I just feel like treating myself. Thanks for the suggestion I'll check that out
yeah i go that guitar the other day there and it is great, i love it, and it sperfect for me as im just starting to get into learning to shred and i has a low action and thin neck(wizard II), but i find it great for all metal, it handles RHCP great and i play them alot, it also handle clessic rock like ACDC, Guns n Roses, and pretty much all the punk i play, although it doesnt look like a punk guitar or anything as it is primarily a metal guitar, but i find it quite versatile, u could team it up with a vox AD30VT or 50 its a very versatile amp and its really cheap and it has a near tube sound, it costs like 139 for the 30 watt which is great so u could get a pretty sweet set up with plenty of money to spare to buy maybe a pedal or better pups
Quote by ch715dallat
yeah i go that guitar the other day there and it is great, i love it, and it sperfect for me as im just starting to get into learning to shred and i has a low action and thin neck(wizard II), but i find it great for all metal, it handles RHCP great and i play them alot, it also handle clessic rock like ACDC, Guns n Roses, and pretty much all the punk i play, although it doesnt look like a punk guitar or anything as it is primarily a metal guitar, but i find it quite versatile, u could team it up with a vox AD30VT or 50 its a very versatile amp and its really cheap and it has a near tube sound, it costs like 139 for the 30 watt which is great so u could get a pretty sweet set up with plenty of money to spare to buy maybe a pedal or better pups

Which guitar are you referring to?
Quote by Fegan
If this helps, I was considering a standard Fender Telecaster. Any thoughts?

thats the first thing that came to my mind when he said he wanted something bluesy