ok, I plan on doing a Matt Bellamy (Muse) custom on my Godin Radiator. In Matts guitar he has a built in Fuzz Factory by zvex I believe and he uses it for the feedback in Plug In Baby so I plan on placing a Fuzz Factory in my guitar but what Im asking is how would I go about this. On the godin the body is open planned (Cant think of the word) so I have the room to install it...How would I link it up to the input etc as its in the guitar...

Sorry if it doesnt make sense...lol..
dont bother
a) too much work required
b) too much time required for it
c) its not real easy at all
Basically take the cuts out of the pedal, minus the jacks. The pots could be pcb mounted, so you'd probably have to dismount them and connect them with wires. The 3pdt footswitch could also be pcb mounted, but that needs replacing with a 3pdt toggle anyway. Basically the whole thing goes between your selector switch and your output jack. Input of the effect goes to the switch, output to the jack. As azn_guitarist25 said, not easy.
These go to eleven...
dont forget the numerous amounts of routing needed. ive got a epi sg and a zvex fuzz factory the thing isnt exactly small.
yeah but an epi SG doesn't have a chambered body, the godin radiator does.
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Quote by eddiehimself
yeah but an epi SG doesn't have a chambered body, the godin radiator does.

i was talking about the size of the pedal not how much space it takes up. plus these pedals arent really cheap as well
I always thaught they were the same thing, i mean if u look at this diagram u will see that the bigger the object is in size, the more space it will take up.
Attachments:
untitledaaa.GIF
EH

"Show me war; show me pestilence; show me the blood-red hands of retribution..."
Last edited by eddiehimself at Aug 19, 2006,
omg i was talking about the length and width of the bloody pedal. and even if the sg doesnt have a chambered body your still going to be removing wood from it anyway to put the pedals guts inside
my friend put a danelectro fuzz in his guitar. he didn't have to route and the electronics were pretty small, it wasn't too hard, i watched him do it.
Quote by Sir-Shoelace
manliest string guage? barbed wire.

Founder Of the UG Slide Player's Guild, PM me If You're Really Feelin' Dem Blues

THE PIT
"better than your average psychiatrist"
God, i have a feeling this is gonna be a bitch to pull off.
after seeing this picture my heart nearly stopped!!
I put a fuzz pedal in my guitar:

And to connect it in I did this:

I used a DPDT switch, using the other half as an on/off in series with the battery, so that the battery was only connected when the effect was on.

You could use a 3PDT switch to give you true bypass.
Populus vult decipi. Decipiatur.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It's can be a contraction and genitive case.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
wow lol just wow... thats gonna be insanely hard unless u got some serious electronic chops
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
^ Well I hope to fall back on my bro, he's really good at this.... Since the godin has like a glass cover Im going to have to take it to some glass cutter and get 2-3 holes drilled!
Quote by frenchyfungus
I put a fuzz pedal in my guitar:

And to connect it in I did this:

I used a DPDT switch, using the other half as an on/off in series with the battery, so that the battery was only connected when the effect was on.

You could use a 3PDT switch to give you true bypass.

Could you make that picture bigger? I just wanna see what is involed from a personal approach to it!

You can't really see much there, it was taken before I tidied it up, and I can't be assed taking the strings off my guitar to get another photo.

All that's involved is really adding a switch.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
If you cut down on these costs students won't learn so well, effecting the "quality"...
am, what sorta pedal was it? the thing that gets me is would you need two imputs or something? like how do you get it to connect up with the main imput?
For your guitar, like this...

You only need one jack, the other jack on Matt's guitars is for his built in midi strip.
These go to eleven...
So as you know on the godin it doesnt have a pup selector, just 2 volume and tone!
It's a self-built fuzz, the Hornet from www.diystompboxes.com

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
Quote by JimPlaysGuitar
Ahh, well then both volumes should just go straight to the tone.

does it make the job easier or harder?
True.

It's just sticking the fuzz in between the jack and the tone pot.

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
well, I'll need to have 2-3 knobs out to mess with them so I'll be placing the pedal behind the bridge, will I need any switches and will that pedal act as my distortion!?
You'll need a switch, other wise the battery will just drain, it'll also allow you to play clean.

What controls does the Fuzz Factory have?

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez

Quote by Mistress_Ibanez
It has 5. Volume, Gate, Comp, Drive and Stab.

Just use a stereo jack as an on/off switch for the battery. And a dpdt toggle for a bypass, like this..

These go to eleven...