Right so summer holiday boredom has led me to having a go at making a new Alt/Indie Radio, sorry if it was supposed to be anyone else's turn this week, but Andrew's given me the go-ahead to post this. If you don't recognise me I know I don't post much, I'm one of those people who reads all the threads but rarely contributes, so I thought I'd try making one of these. So, here we go...

Tracklisting:

01. My Vitriol - Tongue Tied
02. My Latest Novel - Sister Sneaker Sister Soul
03. Lemon Jelly - The Staunton Lick (mp3)
04. Silversun Pickups - Kissing Families
05. The Knocks - Shut Me Out Pull Me In (local band, in the year above me at school)
06. John Martyn - Glory Box (Portishead cover)
07. Ryan Adams - Oh My Sweet Carolina (Live, Gothenburg 2000)
08. Why? - Rubber Traits (mp3)
09. Meanwhile, Back In Communist Russia... - Blindspot/Invisible Bend (Peel Session)
10. Tom Waits - What's He Building?
11. Belle and Sebastian - Your Cover's Blown
12. RJD2 - Ghostwriter
13. Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Ramblin' Man (mp3)
14. Pulp - Grandfather's Nursery (mp3)
15. Billy Bragg - Walk Away Renee (Version)
16. Boards Of Canada - Dayvan Cowboy
17. Regina Spektor - Braille
18. This Will Destroy You - There Are Some Remedies Worse Than The Disease (mp3)

Download it here
Filesize: 78.32 MB
Length: 1 hour 25 minutes

I might come back and write a bit about each track, but I'm off to watch E4's poor coverage of the V Festival for now. As you can see a few of the tracks you can download separately from band websites or have been offered as free downloads by the band on other sites, so if you like 'em, make the most of the links!

Enjoy!
Any questions I will try my best but for some of these artists the song up there is all I know about them. And remember if you like anything enough support the artist by buying their music! Any problems with any of the tracks being put up PM me and they will be taken down.

edit: Damn, there seems to be some kind of problem with the audio in track 5 (The Knocks). Sorry about that, was hoping to get some feedback on that one. Oh well, hopefully you get the main idea...
Great selection there, been a long time since I've listened to My Vitriol and Lemon Jelly so those will definitely be welcomed back.

Not much a fan of the Silversun Pickups, but other than that it looks like a good listen, will download tomorrow.

Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
Quote by #1 synth
Downloading now, looks like a pretty good lineup, though I never thought I would see RJD2 and Belle & Sebastion on the same playlist .

Not to mention right after each other The tracks go pretty well together though, the B&S one is one of their most upbeat and funky-sounding ones, and I love the horns in the RJD2 track.
^Do you know anything more about MBICM? I think they must have split up now, was very hard to find a website for them. All I've heard is their Peel session, know of a good album to get?

Anyone else had a listen yet? No-one?
sorry I forgot this was up! I'm downloading it now
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
swell! i will listen soon. ryan adams live is lovely. the other things are all pretty swell too.
my name is matt. you can call me that if you like.
it's pretty damn good man. you should do another
the heart is a risky fuel to burn
I've got it downloaded but still haven't managed to listen, been obsessing over some new albums. I'll get around to it soon (hopefully). It looks good, which is obviously the main thing.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
^OK, sounds cool. Just found out I'm going to busy the next few days/weeks so I don't really have the time to make another one, sorry Sponj . Looking forward to yours though Miranda.

How long are these link things active for? I guess it's still working, not sure how many people will still be wanting to download it though.