Poll: multitrack recorder or computer
Poll Options
View poll results: multitrack recorder or computer
multitrack
5 50%
computer
5 50%
Voters: 10.
well im gonna start savin my money soon, to turn part of my basement into a recording studio, and i was wonderin, if i shuold get a multi track cd recorder, or just a regulaur computer to record with? thanks
-gtrfrk
~gtrfrk

founder of the dunlop pick fan club

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

"Let the good times roll"
o , and i forgot to mention, money is a huge factor in this. its gonna take me a long time to save this money.
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

Last edited by gtrfrk123 at Aug 19, 2006,
i think a cd recorder. Just make sure you deffinately have good enough equipment to do everything you want to do. Good luck.
i have a computer multi tracker its not much good except for putting down ideas, its ok for hort term if you want very average recordings. They ca be tricky to understand.
well i already record on my familys computer, and everything is fine. the reason i want my own is because,
1.i record frequently and 5 other people use this computer.
2. i would like a space of my own, like a recording studio type thing, so i don't always have to bring my gear up and down the stairs (i play in the basement and teh comp is upstairs)
3.i wanna have a nicer program than audacity.
4. im constantly wanting to download different things for the computer , such as fruity loops and stuff like that
5.i like to have privacy, when i sing and write songs, cause i like that stuff to be personal

-gtrfrk
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

I've used both and i'd recommend getting a multi-track much easier. I find them much easier to use for both recording and mastering, especially when you're recording something like drums and using multiple mics.
^ i don't record drums, cause i don't have a band, i would just download fruity loops if i got my own comp though, and i don't need multiple mics, all i record is guitar and vocals, and when my friend comes over, bass.
~gtrfrk

RIP Roger "Syd" Barrett

I you aleady have a decent computer

Do computer recording!

More tracks,more effects,more options,its a whole lot easirer than hitting key combinations just to get a song saved.But if you do go multitrack,get a good one.
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Quote by gtrfrk123
^ i don't record drums, cause i don't have a band, i would just download fruity loops if i got my own comp though, and i don't need multiple mics, all i record is guitar and vocals, and when my friend comes over, bass.

If you get a stand-alone multitracker like I use (Zoom MRS1608CD), there is a built in, fully customizable drum machine.

I have never gotten into PC recording, but it's an area that I should get into. I'm just more comfortable using a multitrack simply because that's what I've always done and what I'm used to.

For the stuff I do, all guitar instrumental, I don't need any of the PC stuff, though, other than regular multimedia stuff to compress and convert.

Some will swear by strict PC recording with Pro Tools. Some will swear by stand-alone multitracks. It's personal preference for the most part.