whats a good EQ pedal thats not too expensive?
<Raven> I got so baked last night
<Raven> that I WOKE UP high o_o
<Raven> Do you have any idea how euphoric that is?
<Raven> I felt like I was being born.
I've heard good things about the Danelectro Fish N' Chips.
- Gibson Les Paul Studio
- Squier Standard Strat
- Roland Cube 60
- Visual Sound Jekyll & Hyde
- Boss OD-3
- Behringer EQ700
I've heard good things about the Boss GE-7 Equalizer Pedal, thats the one I'll be getting, thats the one adam jones (guitarist of tool) uses,
would an EQ sound good with my vox AD30VT? cause most of my effects dont.. but the built in effect are great id just like to be able to broaden wut sounds i can get instead of jsut having like the standard built in eq
yeah It should, I'm getting an EQ pedal for my valvetronix, distortion Pedals generally don't work well with modeling amps but I've had success with other effects and my amp, I'm sure an EQ pedal will work,
ok but anyways... so which one would be the best for the money?
The Dano Fish n'Chips is $25 and is as good as if not better than the GE-7, but the downside is that it is very flimsy and made of plastic so it could break easily if stomped. But you could get 4 FnC''s for the price of one GE-7.
Ibanez -> Peavey -> Eardrums

Apparently I'm on some list of people to listen to..?
If you look at it in technical terms, it makes more sense to buy a Boss pedal as we all know Boss pedals are built like tanks, they're compact, and they sound good. I've heard good things about the Fish N Chips too but let's face it, it's plastic and you're going to be stepping on it.
yeah im not gonna be gigging or anything, i just need one to mess around with and stuff, try to find my sound
Quote by Sick_Boy
If you look at it in technical terms, it makes more sense to buy a Boss pedal as we all know Boss pedals are built like tanks, they're compact, and they sound good. I've heard good things about the Fish N Chips too but let's face it, it's plastic and you're going to be stepping on it.

Well name isn't everything, the sound isn't all that great and the pedal is overly noisey aswell as overpriced, for only $20 more you could get the MXR which is superior in features, construction, build, and sound.

I'd go with the Danelectro Fish and Chips. It's cheap and has a surprisingly good sound for such a cheap pedal. It's an EQ so I think stepping on it and breaking it isn't too much of a problem, your not playing gigs, anyways.
Quote by GiantRaven
I'm sure theres a Nigerian king just waiting for you to reply to his email
the behringer EQ is the best you can get for the price its like 30 dollars and its exactly the same as the BOSS one except in a hard plastic shell instead of metal
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
is that mxr the kerry king one?
theres 3 MXR EQ's (there might be more) the 6 band. 10 band and 10 band Kerry King, the Kerry King one isnt worth the extra money IMO, id get the 10 band
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
My Behringer EQ is pretty good its plastic but it hasnt cracked or fallen apart amd it sounds good. And on www.music123.com its like 20 bucks.
Quote by rabidguitarist
I even tried dressing up as a fly myself, and throwing myself out of the window in the hope that they will follow me. But to no avail.

Quote by daytripper75
we have a Llama forum, and still no drum forum.
can someone put up a link to the 10 band MXR
The insides of almost all graphic EQs are pretty much the same (same circuit layout, same basic component values etc.), the only real difference used is the quality of the components, so you can usually mod a cheap EQ to make it better by replacing cheap resistors, caps etc. with high grade low tolerance ones. But then that's not what you asked- the Danelectro one sounds pretty good but is pretty flimsy so wouldnt be any good for gigging; the Boss GE-7 is also good but more expensive (but it'd last forever), and the DOD is similar, except it has slightly more cut/boost on the frequency bands, but the bypass switch is a little cheap; the MXR/Dunlop ones are nice but a little noisier than the boss ones from what i hear.
There's not too much difference between them all, so just buy the one which you think is durable enough for your own needs.
My gear;

Custom HSS Strat (eBay'ed parts)
Fender Acoustic
DOD EQ
EH Big Muff
Home-made Wah
Home-made Booster
Laney LC15

Looking for a Jazz Bass body to refinish

My DeviantArt Page, MySpace Profile
Two other options...

The MXR 6 band is solid and reasonably priced.
The Bad Monkey, while technically an OD pedal, works great for EQ when you turn the gain all the way down.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Funky P
Well name isn't everything, the sound isn't all that great and the pedal is overly noisey aswell as overpriced, for only $20 more you could get the MXR which is superior in features, construction, build, and sound.

Still, it's a pedal and you'll be stepping on it, and no matter which way you argue it, metal will last longer than plastic.
i'd go with the MXR 10 band, but it's probably too expensive for you...
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
eh i fi bought the 10 ban i would be broke so yeah... idk
haha...i got a boss guitar EQ for 100 i think...makes a huuuge difference in my tone
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
yeah kool
Quote by robmarsden01
the MXR/Dunlop ones are nice but a little noisier than the boss ones from what i hear.

well from what i've tested and played as well as everyone elses opinion on Seymour Duncan forums and Harmony Central, the Boss GE-7 is one of the noisiest Eq's around. I mean they didn't make the GE-7 sniper mod just for the cool looks, the reason that mod exists is for its notorious amount of noise.

the secret of the GE-7:

the level switch is really a gain switch
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
Boss GE-7 is the way to go. I had one for a while and treated it well but surprisingly it actually crapped out on me after only a few months. I don't hold a grudge though, I just obviously got some really bad luck since most Bosses are built like a tank. For the time I had it, however, prolly the best practical EQ I can imagine.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail
im looking at eqs too and im tempted to get the mxr 10 band just for its nice looks. but i guess even red led sliders arent worth an extra 80 bucks.
Quote by Funky P
well from what i've tested and played as well as everyone elses opinion on Seymour Duncan forums and Harmony Central, the Boss GE-7 is one of the noisiest Eq's around. I mean they didn't make the GE-7 sniper mod just for the cool looks, the reason that mod exists is for its notorious amount of noise.

+1. I just returned mine because it made too much noise. Maybe I should have kept it and bought an ISP Decimator. I dunno. To me, the boss just didn't do enough to my tone to justify $100.