Page 1 of 3
1000+ last sunday
Epiphone Custom Shop Thunderbird IV-->Cry Baby 105Q bass wah-->MXR blowtorch bass distortion-->Ampeg B2R Head and 2x12 cab
ive played outside a rugby stadium where there was around 16000 in attendance, probably about half of them walked passed us....

but somewhere were people stay to watch, about 300

edit: just remembered a botb we play where the venue was full, which was around 500 people
Last edited by quinny1089 at Aug 19, 2006,
A few hundred? I don't take a head count. Most places I play can't have more than 300-500 people, and at outdoor events not everybody is watching the bands.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
uhh, less than 15, i think you are all really old, or lying
or i don't know what im talking about
PEDOBAITING:http://pedobaiting.proboards100.com
Quote by RM_Midnight
are you allowed to talk, aug. '06er?

Quote by Dancing Fool
I hope I don't get sigged.

Quote by _Mayday_
Raven, of course you know RM_MIDNIGHT.
He's the people's champ!

SNICKERS SONG
like 60 people at a talent show. and it was just me, and not my band. my band hasn't played any shows yet. Boy, do I ever feel cool.
My first gig was at a talent show and the auditorium was packed. So 500 give or take.
1100, and then a week later 1000. I don't have much of a band so the first one was me and my sister (yes i know, i'm a dork) played in front of a filled auditorium at an expo. The 1000 was me and a friend playing at a talent show.
My stuff
Fender Telecaster Aerodyne Series
Gibson 1980 Les Paul Standard
Fender Standard Strat
Taylor 414-ce
Takamine Acoustic
1938 Gibson Lap Steel (priceless)
Fender Blues Junior
USA Big Muff Pi
Danelectro Fab Overdrive

My band
Quote by RM_MIDNIGHT

I said 500, and it was about right. It was a school concert and my school is a public school with tons of kids so I'm not lying
I played for about 150 people at a school concert, I was playing classical guitar though and I was all alone. I thought it was quite scary, so with 1000 I would probably die.
Quote by VR2005
Very good post Marmoseti, you're on the right track.

Because footstools are cool - UG's Classical Guitarists

PM Marmoseti or Confusius to join
Quote by Sir Edwin CBE
67,500 - at Murrayfield Stadium and it was televised partly.

I see that your amp could defintly play that big of an arena.

did you know the major scale on a piano, starting at whatever note (lets say E). you just go straight up the white keys without hitting a black one. and you got the major scale.

^ Perhaps the venue had a PA that could handle it? That's my guess.

Quote by RM_MIDNIGHT

The last part could be the case. Yes, there will be some lying on an internet forum, but keep in mind that even though most people on this site are young, a high school can usually fit at least a few hundred people for functions like talent shows or dances.

Then, you have regularly gigging bands, which should (hopefully) have enough of a local following to give them decent numbers at a show. Even if they don't, if they're on the bill with a more well-known local act they'll still be playing for more people, even if those people didn't come to see them.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
Last edited by psychodelia at Aug 20, 2006,
60 people maximum. The local scene is filled with terrible hardcore and emo bands, so there's not a whole lot of appreciation for a band that wears man pants.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
somewhere between 400 and 900
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
around 500+ or so at a school talent show - huge auditorium, turns out my high school is the biggest in Illinois heh heh
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Ya, i was a part of this little gig at a place called KNebworth. Ya it was our bands last big concert and there was i think 250000 at one of our shows. Ya i play in Led Zeppelin.
"It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees"
-Emiliano Zapata
Only around 20...... i'll have my first gig in front of a few hundred soon though....
Quote by SynGates7X

you are indeed mr. awesome.

Quote by Duane_Allman
eckmann88 you sir are a god.

Quote by SavageNights
Oh, you're so damn shallow, eckmann88. They have nice boobs, don't they?

Quote by DraketheFake
good job eckman, seriously, that last one alone would give me an eternal erection!

Help
Space
Quote by seamus90'
Ya, i was a part of this little gig at a place called KNebworth. Ya it was our bands last big concert and there was i think 250000 at one of our shows. Ya i play in Led Zeppelin.

ya?
Quote by Douche ©
I may not be cool off the internet, but on the internet I am pretty cool.

Aww

The Pit Cliff Notes:
Quote by SOADfreak6
myabe we all suck thats why were sitting at a computer desk talking **** thro the enternet lol

If not all of us, at least him.

<//////>~
I have done like 100 but i got a gig that should be 200-300 soon. Alot of people will be walking by too. Its at a fairs picnic area so it should get alot of people. I got 5 hours too. So the whole time i should see about 1000 different people or more.
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

I played in front of about 250 people maybe at the most, and I sang(scared the crap out of me since I'm not a singer just somebody had to do it so it was me) it was pretty cool.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
Quote by evh77
35,000... im actualy steven tyler...

If you were steven tyler youd have done more than 35,000 people
Quote by BigFatSandwich

Quote by snowbert
SMOKE UN-DER WATER!!!

my old band played in front of 200-300 people at the school battle of the bands, we stunk alot more than my new band, which has played infront of like 50 people at a relay for life cancer benefit. I think alot of the people here are exaggerating though, mybe im underexaggerating though, im not sure. Cause the average football stadium holds 40,000-60,000 people.
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
about 30 people at a party

it was our first gig, and it sucked, cuz our bassist didnt show.
ok, yeah. my name is silly because I signed up when I was 13.

BEDBUGS
300-500 is about the only of audiences I've really ever played in front of. I'd love to play in front of a few thousand people sometime that would be rad.
6 people...i played a little wing cover on acoustic and Pride and Joy long live the 2-song acoustic set!
To clarify - it was on the bagpipes, with my pipe band and many other pipe bands as pre-match entertainment on a Scotland Vs England rugby match that was televised. But it's still an audience I've played for

On guitar it would have to be to about 50 people, two songs on acoustic.
The most was probably about.. 1000 people. Before I graduated this year, I was one of the few guitarist at school that would play for just whoever. Basically once I establisted myself, once a month I played almost a full set by the time the day was done with random people doing random songs at these coffee house things (about 50-75 people). Also we had variety shows and stuff, where it was the whole school and I'd do covers with people and my band (about 1000 people). I've played random stuff by myself or covered for other people in bands for other stuff too. Hopefully this year when I'm off to university I can get a serious band going and play real gigs more regularly.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
Quote by kurosawa
some people thing getting 65,000 hits on youtube is the same as the real thing

lol, ive been thinking about that
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Takamine G340SC
Epiphone G 310
About 200 last Sunday at this Artfest thing my guitar teacher lined up. I played Jeff Beck's 'Cause We've Ended as Lovers, Allman Bro's Jessica with a jam in the middle, and just some blues jam in A. Kicked ass
Seinfeld
The Gear:
Fender John Mayer Sig. Strat
Hughes & Kettner Edition Blue 60
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Tubescreamer
Damn right, I've got the blues.
Page 1 of 3