I'm pretty soon buying a new guitar and I'm choosing between a PRS Custom 22 and a Rickenbacker 330. I've tried both, but just the feel of them, not having played plugged to an amp. I've got pretty small hands and I really like both necks alot because they're quite thin, although I prefer the PRS slightly. I know they differ quite alot in price, but the price isn't really important. I don't really know what to choose and just wanted your thoughts on both guitars and what would suit me best. I play alot of modern indie pop/rock with influences from the 60-70s rockera.
Thanks in advance
Rickenbacker ftw if you can afford the damn thing.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
Money is not an issue, not really anyway. The PRS Custom is more expensive anyway. Any reason why you chose Rickenbacker?
It's my opinion. It has more of a vintage and creamy tone, and looks a Hell of a lot cooler. They play really tight, too. Not good for shredding, but great for other things. If money isn't an issue, then buy both.
"Chuck-E-Cheese called. They want their band back."
i love the 330 especially in fireglo, paul weller used one in the jam and sounded awesome, its a little more distinct and the sound is far from the prs and les paul type tones id go for it
Rickenbacker. Very unique guitars, great sound, and alot more stylistic the PRS's. I'm really not a huge PRS fan.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by samp08
Money is not an issue, not really anyway. The PRS Custom is more expensive anyway. Any reason why you chose Rickenbacker?

Both :P
Tunes, gear and other random stuff can be found in my "UG" profile if you click my name
go for PRS, I have no reason really, just I think they are very nice looking/sounding guitars, verry reliable and if its the black custom I think you are talking about thats a big BIG plus for PRS
Thanks for all of your inputs.

I'm going to look into the Rickenbacker a bit more. What's the main difference between the 330 and the 360? I haven't tried a 360 myself but it looks awesome. Has anyone any experience with both?
Yea, definitely get the Ric. They are great instruments, and have a sound all there own. plus no one else has one. PRS are way overpriced and you can't look through a guitar magazine without seeing a million awlful guitar players with one.

I believe the only real difference between the 330 and the 360 is the body shape, but make sure you check out some other models as well.
So do you have anything interesting to play?
Last edited by Eclectia at Aug 20, 2006,
Another question I have is about the 2 single coil pick ups...are they versatile enough? I know that there's a 340 and 370 with 3 SCs, but they seem rare, I haven't seen one in any store I've been too.