Which one is more important in gettin a solid tone if you're on a budget?

gettin a good tube amp and attenuator n play it with a cheap guitar?

or

getting a signature series guitar n play it with a 30w roland cube?

With my limited knowledge, I personally think that having a good tube amp n attenuator are more important than having a signature series guitar.

Any opinions before I splurge?
Seagull S6+CW folk
Tube amp, no contest. What kind of music do u play?
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
Quote by potato1
rock blues

...huh?
As I see the ignorance of humanity engulfing reason and sanity like a wave of perpetual defeat and misery I ask myself, when the hell is everyone going to shut up and actually think?
i think a cheap guitar and good tube amp would be the best cos a gutiar being cheap doesnt always mean its crap. aswell if you learn to play on a cheap gutiar and then get a good one so you have best of both worlds

btw, False_god, what does imo stand for?
Quote by rodday
Which one is more important in gettin a solid tone if you're on a budget?

gettin a good tube amp and attenuator n play it with a cheap guitar?

or

getting a signature series guitar n play it with a 30w roland cube?

With my limited knowledge, I personally think that having a good tube amp n attenuator are more important than having a signature series guitar.

Any opinions before I splurge?

Amp is the majority of your tone. Which signature guitar are you getting? They don't appeal to me really, I just am wondering.
Hi all t hanks for your replies, I love steve vai's playin style bar none, he's just the coolest player around. malmsteens classical style and sweeping techniques are cool too! but I know i'll never be playin like them!!!!

I am presently learning to sweep pick on my seagull acoustic. started from scratch and am making good progress.

the one signature I'm lookin for is the malmsteen strat simply just for the feel of the scalloped fretboard, the drawback i think are the non floating tremolos (which is good in a way that it's maintenance free) and single coils which sounds really weak at the bridge position imo. boring...

another signature would be the ibanez jems but am sick of the slim necks n non scalloped fretboard which imo has got no feel to it at all!!!!

It would be a blast to have a jem with scalloped board n that's all that I ask for!!!!!

meanwhile, keep your opinions comin in!!!!
Seagull S6+CW folk
Quote by shred masta
ive got a tube amp and ive got proffesional tone, just not professional recording

haha, sounds like me...when im not using my hot rod pedal of cource...GODDAMN NOISE
Playing more paintball and reading more books than playing guitar lately.
DON'T get a sig, they're way overpriced

get something with specs like the sig you want, but it will cost way less

and get a tube combo, so that's like meeting it halfway, i guess
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
someone made this point before, but you only NEED a tube stack if you're selling out stadiums

you can very easily get away with a tube combo if you're practicing or playing at small clubs
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Well a tube full stack will be insalney loud. A tube head with a 212 cab is perfectly enough for msot stuff.

Well defenatly tube amp. Also why must it be a sig guitar? Well from yhe ones your looking at your a shreeder. For you something like a Laney GH plus a 212 cab, Carvin Legacy should be worth checking into.

Also once you buy a JEM you can take it to a luthier or something so they can scallop the neck.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009