anyone here use an emg hz s2 pickups? im looking to modify my strat syle guitar and i wanna put an emg pickup and than 2 seymour duncan i think idn yet i want the guitar to be good for both metal hard rock and blues suggestions?
Well, I recommend not using EMGs if you are going with passive ones since they aren't that great. I would go with the Tex Mex set by Fender or just go with 3 active EMG pickups since they would be fine for what you want.
Guitars
Agile 3100 CSB
ESP MH400 w/ Trem-Setter
Epi G-310
Applause Acoustic

Amps
1968 Fender Vibrochamp - Great amp, only $100 fixxer-upper
Line 6 Spider II

REMEMBER, ALL TONE IS SUBJECTIVE!
well if i put the 3 emgs in it wont it be like mainly for overdrive and distortion and **** and if i put the tex mex set wont that be mainly for clean? what i want is like to be able to have puckups that sound great in both settings
Quote by ibanez9589
well if i put the 3 emgs in it wont it be like mainly for overdrive and distortion and **** and if i put the tex mex set wont that be mainly for clean? what i want is like to be able to have puckups that sound great in both settings

ummmm how much you wanna spend? what amp do you use? otherwise you could have a stacked single coil in the bridge and have normal strat pickups in the neck/middle for cleans/blues sounds
i seriously wouldnt bother with EMG's then you might wanna look at some hot single coils or look at upgrading your amp
i dont think youd wanna put EMGs on a strat cos of the wood clashes, but that might only be for the H/Bs, yeh tex mex are great pickups, or seymour duncans [shudder] hotrails.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
Quote by J.MitMetallica
i dont think youd wanna put EMGs on a strat cos of the wood clashes, but that might only be for the H/Bs, yeh tex mex are great pickups, or seymour duncans [shudder] hotrails.

cmon EMG and Strats think of Dave Gilmour
yeah thats true...but i prefer the glassy stratty sound of the tex mex neck tbh, but thats just me, shreddy strats are cool too >_<.
Why did Pat Metheney cross the road? He didn't, his hair got in the way
--
Member #1 of Ibanez > You club. PM me to join
i decided that im probably gonna go with an emg 81 in the bridge and an emg 60 in the neck...but im also looking at the guitar fetish pickups