i need a new cabinet. i have a flexible grand to spend (can probably go as high as 1300). i know i want one with Celestion Vintage 30s in it, but i dont know if i want it to be a straight or angled cabinet (does anyone know how they differ in sound?) or if i want the speakers front or rear loaded. im pretty sure id prefer a cloth grill (preferably a black cloth) over a metal grill unless somebody has reason for me to believe otherwise.
bands like Iron Maiden, Helloween, Hammerfall, Dream Evil, Iced Earth, Metallica, Edguy, Dio, Stratovarius, Ozzy etc. as for amps i currently have a marshall JMP-1 goin thru a 9200 power amp (ill be selling this) but i just bought (waiting for delivery) an ENGL SE which is what ill be using once it arrives
Mills Acoustics, i've seen their site, they are very dedicated in making great cabinets. Possibly a krank, Bogner, or Mesa Boogie. You could definaly get a full stack for $1,100 or so from cavin, it meets all your specifications.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
never heard of that company (mills).. just looked it up.. very interesting. thanks for the reply. id rather get one spectacular cabinet than two decent ones though (not saying carvin is bad ive never seen one)
Carvin has very high quality stuff, there is no middleman so the stuff isn't as jacked up as say a marshall cabinet. I'd read the review on the V3, it has a lot of information on cabinets. Truly if you get a high quality 2x12, you don't need a 4x12. A 4x12 is only 3db louder, and about 40lbs heavier. In most cases you do get more bass out of a 4x12, but the G-flex, Bogner Shiva, and any other closed back front porting or no porting options have a lot of bass.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Carvin Legacy, Vader, Mesa, Genz Benz G-Flex, I mean, you got alot of options there.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
if you want a cab with v30's, or really any kind of speakers, go here

www.avatarspeakers.com

you can customize your cab and it's cheaper than buying cabs the normal way

like i'm gonna get one with v30's, and it's gonna be 100 bucks cheaper =D
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
^^^ Nailed it right there. Avatar cabs are very well built, sound great, and you can pick your speakers.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
this may sound noobish, but does the wood of the cab affect your sound

and no comments neccessary about "wood" being used in "that" sense
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL

Quote by insideac
.....If Fender DID buy out Jackson, Im quitting guitar and music. Would hate to see the same model of a jackson, the Jackocaster, sold every year with little or no change.
Quote by dimebag_love
this may sound noobish, but does the wood of the cab affect your sound

and no comments neccessary about "wood" being used in "that" sense

Durabilty and weight, if its not put together well it will vibrate. thats about all.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
The thickness and density of the wood can change the tone of the cabinet, but cabinet materials are very similar, some makers use thicker panels than others.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I left this out...

other than speakers of course a lot of your tone has to do with the location of bracings inside the cabinet and dimensions.

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
To answer your questions about angled cabs, straight cabs, and open or closed back. The actual sound that they give off is identical, the thing that changes is the directionality. Straight cabs are more directional than angled cabs. That small angle makes them easier to hear on stage. For recording/gig mic'ing purposes, straight cabs prolly hit a microphone a little better but its really not a noticeable difference. The directionality of the straight cabs make for a tighter bass response as well.

Closed back cabs are even more directional, they only send sound out in front of them and tend to have a more pronounced bass. Open-back cabs more evenly disperse the sound from the speakers and shine more with the mids and trebles (I sometimes play from behind my combo at practices with a drummer in a tight space and can still hear it fine. Try doing that with a closed-back cab!) Overall, the differences in tone are pretty minimal but people still have their preferences. You just need to figure out what yours are.
Gibson SG Standard
Orange Rocker 30 combo
Fulltone OCD
EH Holy Grail