Ok my bass was perfectly set up action was fine had the slight bow for relief, and sounded great. I went to visit a buddy over the weekend, and when I came back home my bass had a backbow,although it still sounds good. This is starting to piss me of a little bit.Its not a huge bow but its there and it wasnt before, and I meen it no like I cant adjust or anything but I've had to make the same adjustment in the past. I'm starting to think my neck has a mind of its own can somebody tell me whats up?
Keep it away from radiators, windows. If it was hot while you was away it was most probably that, that made it change.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard.
Squire Fender Strat.
EMG 81 & 85 Pickups (still not fitted).
Marshall AVT100 2000.
Fender Frontman.
Dunlop Cry Baby.
D'addadrio Strings User.
Dunlop Plectrum User.
Levy's Strap user.
I figured that was it yea it was rainy then muggy, and all that. I live in Cleveland, so the weather varies from time to time, it not a bad bow the string arent being forced upon the fret board. When I was gone I keep it on my guitar stand which isnt close to any windows or vents, but my room does get pretty muggy. So if my bass did backbow while I was gone will it eventually fix itself or will I have to adjust it.
Never get a bass that has a Softwood (pine, cedar, (cone bearing tree),) wood neck if you live in a hot area. I'm pretty sure they don't make em outta those woods anymore but they will bow very easily. And no softwoods are not always softer than hardwoods.
Quote by Spade1
yeah change in weather/temp Can make the wood Expand/contract

This should not apply to guitar necks unless they are extremely cheap an made from the wrong type of wood!
I live and play in the UK where the weather changes by the day and yet I have never experienced such problems.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
Quote by John Swift
This should not apply to guitar necks unless they are extremely cheap an made from the wrong type of wood!
I live and play in the UK where the weather changes by the day and yet I have never experienced such problems.

yea, my room gets extremely muggy and hot sometimes because its in the bassment, and the only thing its ever done is knock my tuning off a bit. i really doubt humdity bent it in just 2 days. maybe somebody was messing with it in your house?
Quote by Mr. T
"Mr. T defines love as the reluctance to murder. If you're still alive, it's because Mr. T loves you."
Quote by crazypeanutman
yea, my room gets extremely muggy and hot sometimes because its in the bassment, and the only thing its ever done is knock my tuning off a bit. i really doubt humdity bent it in just 2 days. maybe somebody was messing with it in your house?

Bassment. Hehehe.

I'm probably the only one that noticed that and laughed... *looks around shiftily*
Schecterman's Accomplice, of the Schecter Stiletto Players Will Rule The World Club. PM Fett13 or Your41Plague12 to join.

EQ:
Schecter Stiletto Extreme 5
Yamaha RBX170
Quote by Past-time
Bassment. Hehehe.

I'm probably the only one that noticed that and laughed... *looks around shiftily*

I didn't notice it until you pointed it out, but if I had, I would have chuckled.