Well, I just got home with my beautiful new YCV50Blue, which seems to be playing great, had a fun time messing around with it, then I put in the included footswitch which is able to change the channel and activate/deactivate the boost feature. The boost feature can also be changed on the amplifier itself, but only when the pedal is unplugged. The problem is, when the footswitch is plugged in, it will change the channels fine, but it won't activate/deactivate the boost. This is a bit of a pain as I like being able to switch between channels, but I'd like to be able to use the boost if I wanted to. I can't figure this out because I am an amp newb, so I thought I'd try my luck here.

Another thing I noticed was that my OS-2 distortion/overdrive pedal doesn't seem to be working on this amp, it may have just ran out of batteries since last night but that seems unlikely, I will check it with my old amp and see if it still works. Any help would be appreciated.

EDIT: the OS-2 problem has been figured out.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Aug 19, 2006,
hey i have seen your sig around a lot(meaning i have seen you around here) congrats and the new amp i think it will sound nice with your guitar! if you can post clips i was very interested in that amp.. as for your FS look in the manual maybe? maybe it doenst change the boos tyou never know email traynor possibly?
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
Quote by Ka$h
hey i have seen your sig around a lot(meaning i have seen you around here) congrats and the new amp i think it will sound nice with your guitar! if you can post clips i was very interested in that amp.. as for your FS look in the manual maybe? maybe it doenst change the boos tyou never know email traynor possibly?

Nah its definately supposed to change the boost, the footswitch has two buttons, one is for boost and one is for channels. I've only owned it for about 2 hours but it seems like a nice unit, its built like a tank as well.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
im really interested in this amp, going to check it out very soon.
what type(s) of music do you play?
what has been your impression on the sound and tone of the amp?
my footswitch changes the boost with button #2 but not the "brightness" on the clean channel. I don't see how the amp can not make your overdrive pedal come on. Is it not coming on or does it just not sound right.
Member #4 of the Agile LP over Epiphone LP Club. PM iamtehwalrus768 to join.
well if ABOVE^ works try and email them and get a replacement
I need a new guitar
Quote by SLASHfan01
my footswitch changes the boost with button #2 but not the "brightness" on the clean channel. I don't see how the amp can not make your overdrive pedal come on. Is it not coming on or does it just not sound right.

Okay overdrive pedal I discovered is just a seperate problem that just happened to arrise at the same time. The pedal is supposed to change the boost with #2 but it just...doesn't...

Quote by michaelcyborg
im really interested in this amp, going to check it out very soon.
what type(s) of music do you play?
what has been your impression on the sound and tone of the amp?

I play a variety of stuff, nothing in particular really. I find the leaad channel is well suited for pretty much anything you'd need it for, maybe not that super heavy ultra death metal stuff, but I'm not fond of that myself. The gain is decent but its not like super heavy metal, its more mellow, maybe liek Black Sabbath type area, but with the boost switch on its pretty crunchy. I think if you plan on playing really heavy stuff with it, you might need a Metal Zone or something to get that extra bit of gain.

The clean channel sounds pretty cool to me, specialy out of the JB in my Schecter and the reverb is a pretty rounded sound. I think if you are looking for anything short of nu-metal tone you can find it on this amp.

I also played it for a while at Long & Mcquade through a Gibson SG and it sounded sweet also.

BUT this pedal is pissing me off, I just emailed Yorkville, lets see if they respond.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Last edited by Vornik at Aug 19, 2006,
well it might take a while its the weekend so sometimes they are out
I need a new guitar
Quote by Ka$h
well it might take a while its the weekend so sometimes they are out

Yeah thats fine with me, I'm not in a big hurry, the amp still sounds great without the boost in my opinion.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
haha wow say with a jekyl and hyde pedal (please dont mind the spelling) how do you think it could do a7x? metallica? pantera? im interested in heavy stuff then i also want beautiful cleans this traynor seems like it and a little jazz on the side haha btw could you take a pic of it? i would want to see what it would look like in real life
I need a new guitar
If this works you owe me clips!!

Haha jk. I'd greatly appreciate some though, even if you recorded with a crappy 5 dollar computer mic. I'm considering this as my next amp.

Anyway, try pushing the boost button on the amp. Perhaps it has to be in a certain position for the FS to change the boost.

Hey, you never know. >_>
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220
Leave it to UGer's to argue over who "owns" a language

Quote by Ka$h
haha wow say with a jekyl and hyde pedal (please dont mind the spelling) how do you think it could do a7x? metallica? pantera? im interested in heavy stuff then i also want beautiful cleans this traynor seems like it and a little jazz on the side haha btw could you take a pic of it? i would want to see what it would look like in real life

well I have never used a jekyl and hyde pedal, and I don't listen to pantera or a7x....but yes.

Godamnit you guys are pushy, tomorrow I will make clips for you for all those interested, just keep in mind I suck pretty tremendously at playing. I'll try fiddling more with the pedal tomorrow but I was just jamming with some friends for a while and am now tired.

Quote by sg-rocker173
If this works you owe me clips!!

Haha jk. I'd greatly appreciate some though, even if you recorded with a crappy 5 dollar computer mic. I'm considering this as my next amp.

Anyway, try pushing the boost button on the amp. Perhaps it has to be in a certain position for the FS to change the boost.

Hey, you never know. >_>

I'm assuming you play an SG, and you'll be pleased to know that I was testing this amp with a Gibson SG at the store and it sounded very nice.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
well I have never used a jekyl and hyde pedal, and I don't listen to pantera or a7x....but yes.

Godamnit you guys are pushy, tomorrow I will make clips for you for all those interested, just keep in mind I suck pretty tremendously at playing. I'll try fiddling more with the pedal tomorrow but I was just jamming with some friends for a while and am now tired.

Lol. Sorry I can't help it you dont have to if you don't want to. Well as for the J and H pedal I hear its one of the best distortion? or overdrive i forgot yeah
I need a new guitar
Yeah, I play an SG right now. I'm grabbing a Les Paul though, as they're just so much better in my opinion. :P I started with an Epi SG as my starter guitar, but I'm looking to upgrade everything right now.

Did you try my suggestion?
Quote by rocknrollgod
well i can tall you this much do NOT get a marshall MG. becasue you will blow the speaker with duncans in the guitar. i know for experience.

Quote by Gutch220

Okay I made a demo of the amp, I just don't know how to get it hosted somewhere so you can hear it.

I did try what you suggested Kash but it didn't seem to work
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Lol, try my suggestion! ><

www.dmusic.com

If you don't feel like making an account and whatnot, send me it via email and I'll host it.

bob173115@gmail.com

Or: AIM: Bob173115
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220

Quote by sg-rocker173
Lol, try my suggestion! ><

www.dmusic.com

If you don't feel like making an account and whatnot, send me it via email and I'll host it.

bob173115@gmail.com

Or: AIM: Bob173115

Sorry I meant to say I tried your suggestion, har har.

Alright well I made a thingy on that site, my username is Vornik, so try to find me, I'd send you a link to it but I gotta go to work.

If you find it, I just played the first part of lateralus, the beggining is clean with reverb, then I turned the reverb off while trying to still play the song, which results in a screwed up note or two, then theres a small clean part with no reverb, then theres an overridden part. I didn't use my pedal I just used the amp, I can make another demo later if you want to hear more clean/ more overdriven.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
I would go back and return it then. I rented that amp and the F/S worked fine, I used the boost whenever I had a solo and never had a problem with it. congrats on the buy. did you get it at L&M?
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
Heh. K. Umm.. I found you on Dmusic, but your file didn't work. It said I had missing codecs, which I doubt is the problem. What did you record with?

Try recording with audacity and exporting as wav, then use power convertor to convert to MP3. Both are free, but you have to wait 5 seconds to click convert because power convertor is trial software. :P
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220

Quote by Vornik
Okay I made a demo of the amp, I just don't know how to get it hosted somewhere so you can hear it.

I did try what you suggested Kash but it didn't seem to work

You mean with the F/S? what did they say and also i checked your DMUSIC it does not work as stated... what format is it in
I need a new guitar
Quote by sg-rocker173
Heh. K. Umm.. I found you on Dmusic, but your file didn't work. It said I had missing codecs, which I doubt is the problem. What did you record with?

Try recording with audacity and exporting as wav, then use power convertor to convert to MP3. Both are free, but you have to wait 5 seconds to click convert because power convertor is trial software. :P

I just used the sound recorder, I didn't really have time to fiddle with formats because I had to go to work, and yes I did get it at L&M.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
^nice
Quote by King ofKumbucha
What is plexi? Do you mean a guitar made out of plexiglass?
The playing's not bad, sounds nice. Although, I thought the overdrive sound was kinda bassy.

I know this might be asking a lot, but.. You think you could dial in a Long Way Down tone by the Goo Goo Dolls? That's the sound I'm searching for, I wanna know if the Traynor can do it.

If not I'll probably just search for a used JCM900.
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220

Quote by sg-rocker173
The playing's not bad, sounds nice. Although, I thought the overdrive sound was kinda bassy.

I know this might be asking a lot, but.. You think you could dial in a Long Way Down tone by the Goo Goo Dolls? That's the sound I'm searching for, I wanna know if the Traynor can do it.

If not I'll probably just search for a used JCM900.

I don't listen to the Goo Goo Dolls, but if you have MSN add me, OrangeChinchila@gmail.com and send me a song or something.

It probably sounds bassey because I have my bass at 7, I just liked the sound it made
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
^Will do. Thanks a ton.
Quote by rocknrollgod

Quote by Gutch220

Okay I discovered something interesting: if I have the FS plugged in only half way, button 1 will toggle the boost, but now I cant switch channels. This is strange because button 2 is supposed to toggle boost and button 1 should toggle channels, but button 2 never does anything regardless of how far the plug is in.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
what kind of cable are you using? It sounds like the tip to ground connection isn't happening when it's plugged in all the way. Is it a TRS connector, where there is an extra ring compared to a regular guitar cable?
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
Quote by Erock503
what kind of cable are you using? It sounds like the tip to ground connection isn't happening when it's plugged in all the way. Is it a TRS connector, where there is an extra ring compared to a regular guitar cable?

I'm pretty sure its a regular cable.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
Quote by Vornik
I'm pretty sure its a regular cable.

if it's a regular cable, it won't work for 2 buttons. You need to have a cable that has a stereo TRS(tip ring sleeve), so it has 2 connections where it can send tip to ground. A regular guitar cable(TS) will only be able to send one connection at a time from tip to ground, so it will only control one function at a time.
"The fool doth think he is wise, but the wiseman knows himself to be a fool." - W.S.
amp clips
amp vids
its a regular guitar cable, I have one.
are you positive it's a regular cable? the cable will have only one ring if it's a regular cable, and then physically won't be able to control 2 funtions like channel switching and a boost.

BTW, is the cable also included with the amp? I could be completely wrong, but that's how every tip to ground connection I've used has worked
amp clips
amp vids
I'm sorry it does have 2 rings. I thought u were saying there were 2 plugs on each end. Thats how my old amp was. sorry about that.
Quote by Erock503
are you positive it's a regular cable? the cable will have only one ring if it's a regular cable, and then physically won't be able to control 2 funtions like channel switching and a boost.

BTW, is the cable also included with the amp? I could be completely wrong, but that's how every tip to ground connection I've used has worked

No there was no cable that came with the amp, I guess thats probably the problem.
Quote by BeefWellington

Interesting question...
yeah, it really sounds that way, since you are able to get the boost to work by only sticking it part way in. That means, that the tip and ground for the boost are higher, so the tip to ground from the regular cable will either control the boost if part way out, or the channels if pushed all the way in. With a TRS cable, it should be able to control both because of the extra ring inbetween the tip and sleeve.
amp clips
amp vids
*******hi I want to know how I can deactivate my account of ultimate-guitar.com and also, how remove contrebutions....help me please...!!!!*******
cable. Do you have the stock cable that came whit the amp? its worked on my dg65r
There's No School like Old School.

So yeah, i'm getting active again on this fucking website.

FACEBOOK
Yep you need cable with a trs 1/4 inch jack on both ends. My YCV 20 came with the cable so it could have got lost at the shop. You should be able to find the cable at music store. I does not need to be any thing special as not audio signal travels through it. It just controls the internal relays.