im looking for a 30 watt tube amp. preferable two channels. no effects necesary, cept reverb and distortion channel. budget under 1000. any suggestions would be appreciated. thanks
Okay......30 watts and under 1 grand? Your options are many, but what style of music do you play?
Feel free to call me Kyle.

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
Peavey Classic 30
MY Music
AMPS:
Chute CC-04 2x12
GUITARS:
Fender American Deluxe Strat SSS (with DG-20's)
Martin Dx-1
PEDALS:
Big Muff Pi Tone Wicker
Keeley Mod Bluesdriver
Holy Grail Plus Reverb
MXR Carbon Copy Delay
Boss RC-2 Loop pedal
The Marshall would be good, but i dont know if it comes in a 30 watt version, i was thinking about the Peavey Classic 30, too. Is 30 watts concrete or are you a bit flexible on that number?

Quote by ibz_bucket
Just so you know, I read everything you type in a Mike Rowe from Dirty Jobs voice.

Quote by tubetime86
I mean in Kyle's case, it is in the best interest of mankind that he impregnate anything that looks at him funny...
the marshall is at 60 watts but i know thats overkill. 30 isnt absolute but dont see ever really needing 60
I second the classic 30. That thing can get damn loud too.

Good luck mate

Jimbob78
Quote by Skraeling86
That's a lot of booze. Frankly, I'm impressed. You're of a stronger timber than the average man, jimbob! Hail you.

Quote by Bubban
Yes you should go to a doctor, fucking moron. We can't do anything about your hemorrhoid.

ive been looking into the Peavey Classic 30 too. I play metal though, could the Classic 30 do metal? does it work well with pedals??
^I wouldn't get a Classic 30 if I were you.
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
highwaysalmon, if you like peavey and play metal, look at the Peavey XXX or 5150

Threadstarter, i make this suggestion to everyone, but look at the Traynor YVC50BLUE. It has great cleans, marshally overdrive, and looks really cool. It is 50 watts, though. Traynor also has a 40 watt amp that you might look at. The Vox tube amp is a good suggestion, too. I stand beside the suggestion of a Peavey Classic 30 if you like that amp. With any of these, you might need an overdrive pedal to get really heavy, but they are all under a grand, so you can afford it.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Last edited by TNfootballfan62 at Aug 20, 2006,
^^I'm not all that knowledgeable on metal amps or Canadian dollars, but if you look at the combos, im sure it's possible to find one in that price range.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
sweet, thanks
My Music Videos

Guitars:
Breedlove Revival Series OM
Crosby Fingerstyle Model
Voyage-Air VAOM-06
Fender Stratocaster (American)
Fender Nashville Deluxe Tele
No problem, but if you can't get the amp you're after in that price range, the Classic 30 would do the trick with an overdrive pedal.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
traynor look into it the ycv 50 blue and theres also a 20 wat version but its a dif kind of amp its red i think
VOX AD50 VT+crappy "Fender" from COSTCO!=ok tone!
I need a new guitar
for the guy who said Vox AC30 : That thing is a 100 watts and the one with cool speakers is about 1500$ so i guess no option.

I think the classic 30 is good for you
Yamaha EG-112 (painted)
Ibanez S-470
Evans EG-601
Big Muff (russian)

New: Fender Hot Rod Deluxe
Quote by Ka$h
traynor look into it the ycv 50 blue and theres also a 20 wat version but its a dif kind of amp its red i think

There is a 20 watt version, and there is also the YVC40WR, a 40 watt version in wine red. But, as you mentioned, they are voiced a bit differently from the YVC50BLUE, so try out whatever you buy before hand.

Quote by ibz_bucket

Quote by tubetime86
Quote by The_alchemist
for the guy who said Vox AC30 : That thing is a 100 watts and the one with cool speakers is about 1500$ so i guess no option.

Uh...it's 30 watts...I hope you were kidding..